╌>

Volkswagen diesels are not alone

Category:  Environment/Climate

Via:  petey-coober  •  9 years ago  •  3 comments

Volkswagen diesels are not alone

LINK :
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/another-four-car-makers-fail-diesel-emissions-tests-guardian-2015-10-09

Another four car makers fail diesel emissions tests: Guardian

Published: Oct 9, 2015 8:25 a.m. ET

Another four car makers have joined the list of those whose diesel cars emit more pollution on the road than in regulatory tests, the issue that has created a massive scandal and major recall for Germany's Volkswagen AG VLKAY, +6.20% VOW3, +2.48% the Guardian reported Friday. Mercedes-Benz, Honda, Mazda and Mitsubishi vehicles were all found to perform differently on the road than in test conditions, the Guardian said, citing data from Emissions Analytics, who tested the cars. The paper quoted Nick Molden from Emissions Analystics as saying the the issue is systemic across the industry. The report comes after the paper last week reported the same issue was found with cars made by Renault, Nissan, Hyundai, Citroen, Fiat, Volvo and Jeep.

[see interactive graph of 2 stock's performance ]

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober    9 years ago

Wow ... I never posted a 1st comment . Where was my attention ?

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

Yup.

We got a notice on our '08 Elantra saying that the mpg was being knocked down from 40 to 36. We already knew it was messed up; they did it by adjusting the speedometer. Our '11 is the same way.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Larry Hampton   9 years ago

I'm guessing that all of them use the same rigged software . That would be efficient business practice [although equally crooked ] .