╌>

New evidence : Carson may have been right all along about the pyramids

Category:  Anthropology & Archeology

Via:  petey-coober  •  9 years ago  •  37 comments

New evidence : Carson may have been right all along about the pyramids

LINK :
http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-detects-impressive-anomaly-giza-pyramids-154917098.html

Egypt detects 'impressive' anomaly in Giza pyramids

Significant excerpt :

The thermal scanning was carried out at all times of the day, including during sunrise, as the sun heats the structures from the outside, and then during sunset as the pyramids are cooling down. The speed of the heating and cooling phases is being used to uncover "hypotheses" such as empty areas in the pyramids , internal air currents, or different building materials used.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober    9 years ago

First comment :  If you want to read the entire technical article including the details of the thermal scanning technology , see the link in the above article ...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    9 years ago

Carson is still wrong.

The ancient Egyptians themselves explained what the pyramids were used for, and grain storage was not mentioned.

Only you (and Ben Carson) can ignore definitive information.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  JohnRussell   9 years ago

You don't know how to think . Taking your comments as guides to what is accurate is nearly always misleading . BTW even though it will be a waste of energy you ought to at least pretend that you read the original article ...

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    9 years ago

I thought the food pyramid was common knowledge. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Dean Moriarty   9 years ago

It is well known how much empty space there is in the grain block of the pyramid . But that block already is used to store grains !

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    9 years ago

While I'm fascinating by the anomalies discovered by the scan, I'm remiss in finding the evidence Carson may have been correct.

FTA - The pyramids, which were used as sacred burial structures, were built in the fourth Pharaonic dynasty.

This period of time, from 2613BC-2494BC, doesn't coincide with the biblical account of Joseph (1897BC-1843BC). 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  LynneA   9 years ago

I see your point but the Joseph period happened after the 4th Pharonic dynasty . Who is to say with certainty that the pyramids weren't re-purposed at that time ?

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA  replied to  Petey Coober   9 years ago

Petey, could the pyramids have been used for something yet to be discovered, perhaps.  Yet, Dr. Carson said he believed Joseph built the pyramids to store grain...and will not walk it back.  Not an intelligent move on his part, he had the opportunity and blew it. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Not an intelligent move on his part

This article was an attempt tp present the intelligence behind his statements . Can you deny that it was a possibility ? BTW I don't recall him saying that Joseph built the pyramids himself . Do you ?

LynneA
Freshman Silent

Come on Petey, in his 1998 speech he said...

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain,” Carson said. 

The author has failed in that the "new evidence" doesn't negate what Dr. Carson said in 1998.  Dr. Carson had an opportunity to explain in full what he meant, he didn't mention Joseph had helpers and that those helpers might have lived in a different time period.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

That was what he said to the Seventh Day Adventist s . It was a religious statement made as a commencement address . I don't expect he still has that view on the issue ...

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Petey Coober   9 years ago

"That was what he said to the  Seventh Day Adventist s . It was a religious statement made as a commencement address ."

OH, Well that explains it!

I don't expect he still has that view on the issue ..

Of course he doesn't, he's a Republican, they always change their postion on issues.

LynneA
Freshman Silent

Petey, I'm aware of who the audience was in his 1998 speech.

I don't expect he still has that view on the issue ...

This is my entire point, Dr. Carson could have "set" the record straight.  He choose to double-down, which is why I'm of the opinion his intelligence regarding this entire issue is flawed at best.  By deciding not play in the media's sandbox evidences his lack of political moxie and leaves his statement "on the record".  What you, me or others think he means is irrelevant.

A simple response that included knowledge of when the pyramids were built and the possibility of grain storage would have shut this issue down.  But he comes across like the world is attacking him, to the point of a poor me attitude.  Even my hard-line GOP family members cannot believe Dr. Carson hasn't shut down this news cycle.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  LynneA   9 years ago

This period of time, from 2613BC-2494BC, doesn't coincide with the biblical account of Joseph (1897BC-1843BC). 

Carson is a Republican Lynn, he doesn't have to be concerned about things like facts.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    9 years ago

Carson May Have Been Right All Along About The Pyramids

Read the article, in no way does it corroborate Ben's nut case grain theory. This is beyond a stretch.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

As usual you state your case with no explanatory backup . You must believe this site exists to hear you whine ...

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

As usual you state your case with no explanatory backup

I read your article and stated that there is nothing there to support Carson's theory. What "explanatory back up" do you need ? Read your article again and show me how it corroborates the grain theory. 

BTW, I don't whine. Spew expletives, yes, whine, no.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

If you want to mount a serious argument you need to be able to construct a logical sequence of points . I have never seen you do that even once . This article was a hypothetical situation , not a proof . I see no reason to abandon that hypothetical . But if you see one , have at it !

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Petey Coober   9 years ago

If you want to mount a serious argument you need to be able to construct a logical sequence of points . I have never seen you do that even once. 

I don't need to "mount a serious argument" for articles that make comical assertions. I take pride in keeping "a logical sequence of points" boiled down to one or two sentences.

But hey, if you like a lot of text and links and blah, blah blah go to others on NT, not me.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  pat wilson   9 years ago

It's like being asked to "mount a serious argument" that Charlie Brown and Lucy were the secret love parents of Linus...AND SNOOPY!!!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Randy   9 years ago

You should talk . Your "serious arguments" amount to extreme lies told with a string of foul language .

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

You should talk . Your "serious arguments" amount to extreme lies told with a string of foul language .

I don't believe that to be true Petey, (speaking of lies), and no, you should talk, you have never mounted a "serious argument" in your life! 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   9 years ago

I don't believe that to be true Petey, (speaking of lies)

I noticed you did not ask for a link ... no surprise !

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

If you want to mount a serious argument you need to be able to construct a logical sequence of points . I have never seen you do that even once .

You Petey, of all people on this site have no business talking about a "logical sequence of points", because that is something "I have never seen you do that even once ."!!!

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

And I still have never been given an answer from Carson supporters and the believers in this insane idea to if the Great Pyramids were built to hold grain, what did they put in the thousands and thousands and thousands of real granaries all over Egypt???

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Randy   9 years ago

I don't think Carson has ever said the pyramids were built for the express purpose of being granaries . But if that's how you wanna twist it , have fun ...

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

I don't think Carson has ever said the pyramids were built for the express purpose of being granaries . But if that's how you wanna twist it , have fun ...

The video of Carson saying in his opinion the Pyramids were build for storing grain has been all over the place Petey, where have you been? 

I can't figure out how this "easier" method of loading videos is supposed to work, but this article posted in the Guardian last  Thursday has the video if you would like to see it, have fun ...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    9 years ago

That is quite a leap to say that Carson might have been right about the pyramids. This article just talks about what these spaces did to the internal temp. 

BTW, there is no doubt about what the pyramids were used for and that is because of one plain fact. The Egyptians wrote.. and wrote a lot. 

It would be kind of saying that we didn't know who ruled Rome when. 

No mystery here.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   9 years ago

What you published shows what the pyramids were originally built for . That says nothing about what they might have been re-purposed for in a later era .  From your article :

Ben Carson thinks the pyramids were used to store grain, not buried rulers.

This is making unwarranted assumptions about what Carson said . Again , there was nothing stopping Egyptians from re-purposing the pyramids from being essentially a waste of resources into something useful  in times of feast & famine ...

Also from your article :

First off, the grain idea isn't as ridiculous as it might sound. It's a theory that stems from the Biblical description of text in the Old Testament, and has  been around since at least the sixth century ,

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger    9 years ago

The word 'grain' is not used one single time in that article.

Unless you go to the comment thread;

Egypt antiquities officials scoff at Carson pyramid claims

CAIRO (AP) — Egyptian antiquities officials on Monday scoffed at claims by Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson that Egypt's ancient pyramids were not built as pharaonic tombs but used to store grain.

Associated Press  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    9 years ago

Egypt detects 'impressive' anomaly in Giza pyramids

Significant excerpt :

The thermal scanning was carried out at all times of the day, including during sunrise, as the sun heats the structures from the outside, and then during sunset as the pyramids are cooling down. The speed of the heating and cooling phases is being used to uncover "hypotheses" such as empty areas in the pyramids, internal air currents, or different building materials used.

And none of this supports to any degree whatsoever that this pyramid or any other was built by Joseph or that the pyramid was used for any purpose other than a burial chamber. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  1ofmany   9 years ago

none of this supports to any degree whatsoever that this pyramid or any other was built by Joseph

Agreed .

or that the pyramid was used for any purpose other than a burial chamber.

It suggests that other uses may have been possible .