╌>

On The World's Largest Internet Betting Service, Marco Rubio Is A Very Strong Favorite To Win The GOP Nomination

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  8 years ago  •  4 comments

On The World's Largest Internet Betting Service, Marco Rubio Is A Very Strong Favorite To Win The GOP Nomination

‘Trump Is Falling Fast’: An Election Gambler Predicts New Hampshire

Are betting markets more accurate than polls? We asked a professional gambler to find out.

Read more:  http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/election-gambler-predicts-new-hampshire-213600#ixzz3zOlh8Q8R

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

Could Rubio suddenly steamroll them all? The gamblers seem to think so. Could Trump fade fast ? 

Maybe the public is losing interest in the thought of a president who drops f bombs in public speeches. Maybe America hasn't degenerated quite that far yet. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

Why is Paul Ryan on that list?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    8 years ago

Anti-Trump people keep waiting for Trump to self-destruct simply because he's a bombastic boor. But he's a bombastic boor that burst onto the scene with a very clear populist message: deport illegal aliens. He hit a nerve. That immediately separated wheat from chaff in an already divided party and propelled him to the top because others were too politically correct to even whisper what he boldly screams. No one but Cruz is left to steal Trump's thunder on the issue. While the lane of non-establishment candidates has thinned to two, the lane of establishment candidates remains crowded and full of intra-lane hostility. Even if the establishment eventually coalesces around Rubio, the non-establishment vote is collectively larger. Is Trump a safe bet? Probably not . . . he changes his views like he changes a business plan and that may ultimately turn off voters more than his boorish behavior. But even if Trump drops out, a large proportion of his voters will go to Cruz, not Rubio, and that will not change no matter how much Paul Ryan and Nikki Haley plead with angry voters to calm down and vote for somebody like Bush (even though Bush is soft on illegal immigration, the very issue that caused them to support Trump in the first place).

luther28
Sophomore Silent
link   luther28    8 years ago

Let us hope that as with most gambler's, he is wrong. I really did not have much of an opinion on Mr. Rubio until his little post caucus speech. I noticed his signage in the backdrop proclaiming A New American Century. Does anyone recollect this merry little band of trouble makers?

If it can still be located on the NET, this was the think tank that came up with the Neo Cons agenda for Pax Americana throughout the world (Cheney, Rumsfeld and the boys). It did not end well then and if this is a reincarnation of the same train of thought it will not end well revisited.

If the signage is just happenstance then I would suggest Mr. Rubio may want to re-think his slogan for those of us possessing an attention span longer than that of a gnat's.

As a side bar, after last night's debate, I believe Mr. Rubio was unmasked as a pretender to the throne and a not ready for prime time player. Regardless the only one of that line up bearing any tire kicking at all is Casik, but as with Huntsman his normalcy seems a tad out of place with his counterparts and will most likely get too far.

In my opinion at least.