╌>

Cops: Man Calls 911 to Chat About Hitler 'Because He Was Bored'

Category:  Mental Health and Wellness

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  8 years ago  •  2 comments

Cops: Man Calls 911 to Chat About Hitler 'Because He Was Bored'

Source

Police arrested a 28-year-old Florida man because he was calling 911 out of boredom, authorities say.

DeLand Police say Michael Gilman called 911 at least six times in one day, including five times in a five-hour time span, to save himself from monotony.

They say he discussed random topics such as his eligibility to vote, being “poor,” as well as Adolf Hitler on the calls.

At around 1 a.m. on Saturday, police arrived to Gilman’s home, where he was still on the phone with the 911 dispatcher. According to a police report, an officer heard him talking about “Hitler and Jews.”

When the officer asked Gilman what he was doing, he allegedly said: “Talking to your dispatcher because I’m bored.”

Police say he also asked the dispatcher to throw people out of their homes in order to “serve and protect.” Gilman also allegedly tried to report an emergency at The White House.

He was arrested and charged with misuse of the 911 system. He was later released.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

Does this kind of stuff happen in states other than Florida and Texas?  Seriously, I regularly check the 'offbeat news' section of msn.com for laughs, and I can tell you that Florida and Texas are prime real estate for these news nuggets.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

The heat gets to them.