Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  8 years ago  •  13 comments

Photo-mistakes - a Self-Collaboration

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

That's enough for today. If we were all to do a couple and flood the Home Page with them it would give us a brief respite from Trumpamania.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

We used to do that in the MOD & BAL group, Don't know what happened to it though. (besides I'm no longer a member)

The group will be what it wants to be, and we either rise above it or lower ourselves into it.

It is always a two way street.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

I guess it was a mistake to post this - but then I'm not dismayed about it.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

I guess it was a mistake to post this - but then I'm not dismayed about it.

Keep posting.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

You can bet on that.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

You can bet on that.

I already have.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

Buzz, Donald Trump is the biggest news story in America today. It may not seem that way from your vantage point in China, but it is true. Nor are you an American, so you dont have the interest in an American presidential election. 

If Newstalkers is not a current events forum, it is not true to it's name, period. 

For years now, there has been a conflict between people who want to discuss current events, people who want to troll and prank and :"have fun' ( usually self-promotional) , and people who want to conduct NT as a "koffee klatch" where chit chat is king. 

On Newstalkers, these themes are forced to co-exist, because the owner wants it that way. It is not my cup of tea, although I can do it all. I have probably posted hundreds of articles that do not have to do with politcs, but usually the articles fall off the page, and NT does not have a large enough contributing membership to revive articles that fall off the front page. 

It is what it is. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Thank you John. As you know I respect your contributions to NT, and you at least try to illustrate your interest in many topics on the site.

However, it is refreshing to see a topic now and then that ISN'T so centered on US politics. There actually ARE other news stories of interest now and then.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

Buzz,

I enjoyed your contribution. I have had my articles missed before. You shouldn't take it personally. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

It's not personal, Perrie, because it's a a situation that is not centered on me - it's the whole picture, and actually John's explanation is correct.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

I could easily post an entire album of photo mistakes-- if I could find the pictures and dig them up...

Lovely meme, Buzz!  Happy

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

This was a photo I accidently took when my camera was aimed at the ground. Usually I delete them while in the camera, but this one I forgot.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

It turned out beautifully, though!  Happy