╌>

Muslims Beat, Strip Naked, and Parade 70-Year-Old Christian Woman

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  8 years ago  •  76 comments

Muslims Beat, Strip Naked, and Parade 70-Year-Old Christian Woman
A 70-year-old Christian woman was stripped naked, savagely beaten, and paraded in the streets of Egypt to jeers, whistles, and yells of "Allahu Akbar" after a mob of some 300 Muslim men descended on her house.

Her crime? Her son is falsely accused of having a romantic relationship with a Muslim woman, which is banned by Islamic law, or sharia – the same body of teachings that prescribes the collective punishment of non-Muslim "infidels." Seven other Christian homes were also torched by the mob.

The attacks occurred in Minya, Upper Egypt, on May 20, a Friday – the one day of the week when Muslims congregate in mosques and listen to sermons, and the one day of the week when most Muslim mob attacks on Christians occur.

While on the ground being kicked, cursed, and spat upon, Sa'd Thabet, the Christian grandmother, managed to slide herself underneath a wagon. While hidden there, an unidentified woman slipped her some garments, and the traumatized woman eventually managed to escape.

"I never saw the woman who covered me and don't know how I survived," she said during a closed meeting with some clergymen of the Coptic Christian Orthodox Church. They testified that her body was covered with wounds, adding that "though she is strong, it is sometimes hard for her to speak; she's always fighting back tears and sometimes breaks down."

Prior to the attack on Thabet, her household had been receiving threats for some time. On the morning of the assault, some of the home's property was stolen and vandalized. She and her husband went to local police, who responded by threatening them and kicking them out of the station. A few hours later, around 8 pm, the attack occurred. It took the same local police over two hours to appear, by which time the "avenged" Muslim mob had dispersed.

When asked why she reported the incident four days after it happened, Thabet said: "I tried to hide and suppress what happened, but I could only take the feelings of humiliation and oppression for four days, at which point I decided to return to the local police station and testify about what happened to me before those who had refused to hear me."

She is hardly the first Christian woman in Egypt to be treated so. In 2013, Muslim Brotherhood supporters "burned down a Christian school, paraded three nuns on the streets like 'prisoners of war,' and sexually abused two other female staff even as at least 58 attacks on Christians and their property were reported across Egypt over the last four days. At least two Christians have died in the attacks."

Nor is this an "Egyptian" phenomenon; it's an "Islamic" one. In Pakistan, a 28-year-old pregnant Christian mother of four was stripped naked, beaten, and forced to walk nude in her town by two Muslim brothers following an argument. She lost her baby in the ordeal, which "was motivated because of Bibi's [Christian] religious beliefs." Similarly, a Muslim family kidnapped, beat, and left naked on the streets an 8-year-old Christian girl as a way to "punish" her uncle for pursuing a relationship with a female member of the Muslim family.

In short, every aspect of this most recent attack is part of a well established pattern that has played over in Egypt, Pakistan, and other Muslim-majority nations innumerable times: a Christian is (often falsely) accused of some infraction; his family and possibly entire village is savagely attacked, beaten, raped, and mugged by the mob; and police take their time to arrive and do little when there.

In 2012, after 3,000 Muslims attacked the Christians of a village near Alexandria, it took the army an hour to arrive, even though they were only one mile away. "This happens every time. They wait outside the village until the Muslims have had enough violence, then they appear," said a witness.

As Minya's most senior Christian cleric, Anba Makarios, put it during a televised interview about Thabet's ordeal, if a Muslim man were involved with a Christian woman, police's response "would not have been anything like what happened. ... No one did anything, and the police took no pre-emptive or security measures in anticipation of the attacks. We are not living in a jungle or a tribal society."

Unfortunately, the good priest is wrong. Islamic culture – founded as it is by an Arab tribesman – is inherently tribal. The umma is the super-tribe of Islam, meaning Muslims side with Muslims against all "infidels" – that is, outsiders – even if the latter are good and fair to them, according to the doctrine of "loyalty and enmity."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/05/muslims_beat_strip_naked_and_parade_70yearold_christian_woman.html#ixzz49y1se3rR
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    8 years ago

Red Box rules apply.  Be civil and follow the coc.  Stay on topic which is the persecution of and acts of barbarity against Christians in majority Muslim nations and regions.  What may be happening in America is not on topic nor are the dark ages.  Stay in the here and now over there.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago
While Islamic extremists clearly use sharia to justify horrible actions, and Islamic societies are clearly discriminatory in regards to women, sharia does include some admirable concepts that US culture could use a good dose of.  Sharia does not recognize corporations as people, forbids unearned income, predatory lending practices, price fixing, speculator trading, misrepresentation in business, and forced surrender of property.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

True Hal,

But it only applies to those that are Muslims. Otherwise, none of that applies. A tad of a double standard. 

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

Sorry, but you always seem like someone who wants religion as far away from government as possibe,  yet you are in favor of some aspects of sharia law,  which is based entirely on religion. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  jennilee   8 years ago

Oh, please.  Those are SECULAR concepts.  No religion gets to own secular concepts as their creation, just like how 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' is not authored by Jesus.  And you damn well know that I will NEVER support any kind of religion having influence in our government.  You need to learn how to discern observation from ideology.

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

They are secular concepts but islam bases them and also the punishment for breaking them on religious ideals.  There is no separating the two in sharia. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  jennilee   8 years ago

So you disagree with all of those concepts?  If not, then by your logic you are "in favor of those aspects of sharia law."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

I don't think Jennilee DOES disagree with those concepts. What she pointed out to you, and you seem to want to diffuse, is that those concepts are applied and treated differently to Muslims than they are to others.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

So you think that Muslims living here in the US would be in favor of only honoring those concepts towards other Muslims in the US, and treating non-Muslims by different rules that discriminate against non-Muslims?  That's a bit presumptuous, not to mention slanderous.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Nice job of adding to what I said and putting words into my mouth, You can provide the answers yourself as well.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

I get it - it's only okay to view a religion in a cafeteria manner when it's Christianity.  Ignoring all the horrific shit in the Bible is somehow different than ignoring the horrific shit in the Koran.  You all should take a step back and witness your prejudices.  There are BILLIONS of Muslims in the world who have no interest in the horrible parts of their doctrine, just like Christians do.  You're so blind to it that it takes an ATHEIST to point it out to you.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Anyone who thinks there are billions of Muslims in the world is not to be taken seriously.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  jennilee   8 years ago

There is no religion that has less separation of church and state than Islam and yet Hal the atheist advocates several of its principles. Interesting.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

Do you disagree with all of those secular concepts?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

As secular concepts I doubt that anyone disagrees with them. How they are applied differently to Muslims and to others is what is different.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

Yes.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

That explains a lot.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

Lol,

Yeah, well, sharia law also publicly stones women to death for being raped, signs off on pedophilia, and hangs gays. 

I'd rather be raised by wolves than sharia law.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Larry Hampton   8 years ago

How many places in the bible are there where certain actions are punishable by death?  The  republicans were actually campaigning alongside Christians who promote the fact that the bible says to execute gays.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Larry Hampton   8 years ago

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

The one on the right has killed in the name of her religion.  The one on the left has not.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  96WS6   8 years ago

Exactly.  There is no comparison between the two photos.  The progressives believe there is a moral equivalence between the two when the one on the left represents all that is good in this world and the other a return to the dark ages.  

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    8 years ago

To state the obvious...Egypt is not the United States and isn't governed as a Republic.  Whether or not anyone in this country likes, agrees, condones, or detests Sharia Law, it's the law in Egypt that regulates marriage, divorce and a variety of other social issues.

Do I have empathy for this Christian woman, absolutely.  Yet my empathy doesn't extend to her because she is a Christian, a woman, or a 70 year old...it extends because the depravity of man has been visited upon her.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    8 years ago

Exactly.  There is no comparison between the two photos.  The progressives believe there is a moral equivalence between the two when the one on the left represents all that is good in this world and the other a return to the dark ages.