╌>

Is That Really Blake Shelton?????

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  community  •  8 years ago  •  88 comments

Is That Really Blake Shelton?????

By Perrie Halpern

Anyone who loves country music  knows that Blake Shelton is a lovable country singer, who likes to duel witts with Adam Levine on "The Voice". I watch the show and I really like the dude. So it really pains me to admit I was shocked upon seeing his new album cover. 

Ummmm... who is that man? 

It's not this man....

It must be this guy:

Wait.. I'm confused..  

No your eye's are not playing a trick on you. Through the magic of "Photoshop", Blake Shelton had himself transformed into "Grey's Anatomy's", Mc Steamy, Eric Dane. Amazing! Straighten out the jaw bone here, remove a bag or two under the eyes there, and remove the bump in his nose and Voila! He's a whole new man! And it's cheaper and less painful than plastic surgery. Not that there is anything wrong with that, as Seinfeld would say. Or is there?

Men and women love to take note of the famous women who feel the need to personally redecorate themselves, but rarely is it ever mentioned if it is a guy does. And while I know that Blake didn't do any actual plastic surgery, since he had the gall to hold up that album cover while on Jimmy Fallon, I am still shocked that no one else mentioned this. I mean I could understand wanting to get rid of a zit, but the man had a whole new head put on his shoulders ( at least I think they are his shoulders), and he gets a pass? Why? If it was some women, it would be in every rag in the US. 

Is it me, or is there something wrong here?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

Well folks what do you think?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

I think country music is gross.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

When pop music went to rap and 'dance' , a lot of white urban and suburban kids turned to country. About 10 years ago I was at a family get together and I overheard some of my nieces and nephews talking about going to a concert with a group of friends. They had 50 people. mostly in their 20's,  renting a bus and going down to Soldier Field for a Kenny Chesney concert. I started thinking to myself, how are these young city people so into country music?  I think it is melody. They were brought up by parents and families that listened to top 40 radio when they were young. Pop music today doesnt have melody like it did back in the day, but country music does. And there is also the attraction that it is not rap.

Chicago has one of the most popular country music stations in the north, US 95.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

I find contemporary country to be even more off-putting than traditional country.  It's the drawl, the twang, the typical subject matter, the style, and the machismo that turns me off. Although I will agree that Sheldon is a positive attribute to The Voice, mostly because the banter between him and Levine.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

"I got tears in my ears from lyin' on my back while cryin' 'bout my baby who ran away with my no-good best friend."

Love that country music.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

I like some country. Not what I put on the radio in the car.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

I like some Patsy Cline...  And a few "special" songs-- We're not the Jet Set, Achy Breaky Heart, All My Exes Live in Texas...  Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor on the Bedpost Every Night?  Working In a Coal Mine, going down down down, you know, FUN songs!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

I think that's "overnight", not "every night". LOL.  I like some songs that Johnny Cash sang, and I do like old-timey music (e.g. "I am a man of constant sorrow"), but my real love was folk music. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

This is the kind of country music I like. Absolutely beautiful song.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago
(deleted)

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

One of my favorites!!!  

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

I like some Patsy Cline.

She's done some really good stuff

Also, nice cover by Norah Jones

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I like some country. Not what I put on the radio in the car.

I feel the same way-- like some of it, not all.

I like Johhny Cash, for one:

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

You know what happens if you play country music records backwards?

You get your dog back

You get your wife back

Your pickup truck runs

You get out of prison

Where I live is very big into Alternative Rock-found lots of good up and coming bands and artists, and they don't play the same old thing day in/day out like Classic Rock stations do.

I enjoyed some country in the early 90s, but the affair was not destined to last.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

When pop music went to rap and 'dance' , a lot of white urban and suburban kids turned to country. 

Not here in NYC and Long Island. Most youngins' here listen to it all, and very little country. My girls like everything from Zep to Rihanna, (the Rihanna stuff kind of sucks). 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

I'm not saying they only like country music, but there is a reason why city kids like country. I'm thinking it's melody. Pop music today has little melody compared to earlier generations.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

I wouldn't say that.  Katie Perry and Lady Gaga create pop hook melodies that are frustratingly hard to get out of my head.  I would agree that the typical rap artist doesn't have a clue what melody is, so they just rip it off from others.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

Pop music is a shell of what it used to be. Rhythm machines ruined it.

Lady Gaga records songs from the 40's and 50's so she can sing real melody.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

"(the Rihanna stuff kind of sucks)"

I would much rather look at Rihanna than listen to her.  I could gape at her all damn day.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

I would much rather look at Rihanna than listen to her.  I could gape at her all damn day.

Gee, I wonder why?'

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

I think country music is gross.

I'm a mocker, not a rocker, LOL! (OK who said that?. No googling!)

Actually I am a rocker, too, Hal. But I love all kinds of music.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

I don't think guys notice plastic surgery that much unless it goes badly.

Mary Matalin Plastic Surgery Before and After | Plastic surgery and ...

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

I thought every red blooded male noticed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

You mean Dolly Parton's physical appearance is not natural?  That is shocking news.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

John,

I think that what Dean's saying is that it's kind of hard not to notice, especially if you are your regular Joe. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Too bad you would basically have to pull a bag over her head.

The plastic surgery worked in one area but not in the other.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Well apparently, she's not your cup of tea, LOL!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

I look at it this way , some people go through things in their lives that changes their appearance, no matter what they go through things change subtly, a person loses weight , it shows in their face  first, just like gaining weight that can be a good or bad thing  dependant on whats caused the change . peoples faces sometimes are a mirror of what they are going or have gone through  and the first thing most people look at is a persons face , that's hardwired into people., but as long as someone is truly happy and healthy , that's all that really counts.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Mark in Wyoming   8 years ago

Not me Mark, I look the same as I did yesterday or even the day before. Laugh

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I think you got spammed by yangping55

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Good Grief!  I've reported it to Perrie!  I know she is so busy!  I can't imagine who it is!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

LOL, who the hell is Blake Shelton and who cares if he photo shopped himself...

I mean I put new feathers in my headdress and no one cared, or even noticed.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

who the hell is Blake Shelton....

Kavika you need to get out from under that rock you have been living under. He is a major country singer. 

I mean I put new feathers in my headdress and no one cared, or even noticed.

That's just changing your jacket. Now the length of your pony, I would notice that!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

Living under a rock!!!!! Well I never,

The length of my pony!!!! I don't think you should go there, sister. Eyes to yourself...LMAO

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

The length of my pony!!!! I don't think you should go there, sister.

I knew that would get ya, brother! LOL! 

Kavika
Professor Principal

I have a ''War and Piece/Peace'' pony, sister. But it's best that you start behaving yourself...Bad JIP...LMAO

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

I bow to you

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

What's going on?  What did I miss??????  I was all the way over at "Democrats now oppose the first amendment" when I heard Kavika's taking his hair down?  Did I miss it?  Geesh - I'm always a day late and a dollar short.....  :o(

I know who Blake Shelton is but I don't watch the voice or listen to country music all that much anymore, if at all.   I used to listen to country when I was younger growing up in the country.  It's almost a prerequisite if you want to be considered a country girl or boy.  

I ain't gonna lie - if there comes a time when I need a little sumpin sumpin done then I'm definitely getting it done.  It can't be over the top or too much.  Just enough to make ME feel good about me.  I don't care what others think....mostly.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

PJ,

I was trying to have Kavika post a pic of himself..... My plan didn't work. RATS!

I'm not opposed to getting tweeked. I am if it makes you a whole new person. That said, I can understand those who want to age gracefully. It's really an individual choice. 

Kavika
Professor Principal

512 Here you go. Indian in a suit.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

Oh Pooh!  I think we need to schmooze Lady Dowser.  She's got a pic of Kavika.  All we need is a special and rare rock and she'll be putty in our hands.  I'm on my way out to the back yard with my shovel.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

Unfortunately, I promised that I would not publish the picture that stars Kavika, without his permission...  We're stuck!

winking

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Well that's jusssst great!  Now I have to hear my husband fuss about all the holes I dug in the backyard looking for that darn rare and special rock to bribe you.  (hehehehe)  

I understand......a person's word is a precious gift to be given and cherished.  I respect that immensely Lady Dowser.

Are you still on your bed R&R orders?  I hope you're having a good day.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

I can get out of bed, still no bending or lifting...  We're heading out to Cave City for the weekend, so I'm glad I can get up and about more....  Doing fine, and thank you for asking!

Kavika
Professor Principal

Pj, here is a video of me with my hair down and when I was in my prime in music.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

That's cheating! 

We want Kavika! (btw... love that song.)

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

You almost got me Kavika.  I was running around throwing clothes and toiletries in a bag and was on my way to "get some love"!  My poor husband got knocked down in all the rush.  He's still looking a little dazed and confused.  chuckle

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  PJ   8 years ago

LMAO

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

It sorta looks like him, and then, it sorta doesn't...  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

A qualified maybe, good show Dowser.winking

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

It's all those years spent as a consultant...  Me:  There could be some water there, but then again, it could be dry as a bone.  About all we can do is sink a test well, and see...  The client:  Well, we like this spot, because it is near the pipeline to the plant.  Me: That would be handy, but you must be aware that I can't put the water where I want it, I have to go where it IS...  winking   A few times, I could say with certainty-- there's no water there and you're wasting you $$ trying...  But clients don't want to hear that.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming     8 years ago

IMHO, music , and the choice of what to listen to is an entirely personal thing , doesn't matter where you live , what you do , or who you are , the  music , the beat and the words speak to you and you alone , it tells a story that you have a personal connection with that only you can understand and it is entirely individual. so if someone likes a certain style of music its because they have some sort of connection to it , and usually its for reasons only they would understand and usually cant explain .

there is a game my friends have played  within our group, name one song , people have to listen to it and decide what that song says about you. It is suppose to help others understand or get to know you better. Its amazing what one song can tell about a person .

Another little game we play is we all do karaoke, and instead of us choosing a song, we play kamakazee karaoke , we let the computer choose the song for us and we have to sing it no matter what it is . we do allow 1 pass, but the second choice is usually worse than the one we turned down ( I passed once and got aritha franklins respect , which I am sure I butchered , but everyone said I almost nailed it , they were being kind I am sure) to me what is even more fun is I don't get to choose what I will sing , others request what they want to hear me sing , I  have sung don Williams , to AC/DC , journey , bob seger to pat benatar, though one friend likes my renditions of Kenny Rodgers lady , and the Unicorn song with the irish lilt.

point is , everything I sing , there is a connection to in some way and it doesn't matter what style it is , its making one feel good and having fun. And music is a window into the stories of our lives to a degree.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   8 years ago

Totally agree!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent

I just thought of this , music and our choices in what we all listen to , is our way of saving time in a bottle , a way to reconnect with times that have passed, a way to bring up memories we enjoyed , maybe  times that made us sad , and as we all age , that bottle gets bigger with the more we listen to.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that , its simply an observation.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Mark in Wyoming   8 years ago

''Time in a Bottle'', one of Jim Croce's greatest songs, and true as hell.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

maybe I posted that because that's what was on the radio while I typed it..... but its still true , I cant listen to Cyndi laupners girls just want to have fun  with out picturing my 2 daughters at 2-3 years old  bopping (dancing) and trying to sing along with the song, things that make you smile....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

For me it the Bangles I think of when I think of my girls being little, especially "Eternal Flame". Oh and "Roll to Me". 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Walk Like an Egyptian, because Matthew was in his "Egyptian" Phase, and we all walked around the house like Egyptians...  What fun!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

I actually ran into Cyndi Lauper in Senator Chuck Schumer's office in Washington D.C. In April of 2016. She still looks like she did too!  Well, maybe added a day or two to her, but.........

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

just thought of this , music and our choices in what we all listen to , is our way of saving time in a bottle , a way to reconnect with times that have passed, a way to bring up memories we enjoyed , maybe  times that made us sad , and as we all age , that bottle gets bigger with the more we listen to.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that , its simply an observation.

But I do agree with you. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent

( mischievous grin here)

Ok Ill name 5 songs  no need to say what you think they mean .

garth brooks , Much to young to feel this damn old

Rod Stewart, forever young

Journey, faithfully

Don Williams , listen to the radio

Lastly garth brooks again , The Dance

all available on Youtube

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

Gordon Lightfoot – If you could read my mind

Linda Ronstadt – Long long time ago

Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again    

Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun 

Bee Gees - I Started A Joke 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

Love that selection PJ.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Help Me, Rhonda-- Beach Boys-- because we sang that to Daddy, years ago... (His name was Ronda, but everybody called him Bud.)

Kavika
Professor Principal

Stormy Weather - Lena Horne

The Weight - The Band

Bridge over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel

Send in the Clowns - Joni Mitchell

American Pie - Don McLean

Unchained Melody - Righteous Bros (Bobby Hatfield)

I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash

Stand by Me - Ben E. King

This Land is Your Land - Woody Guthrie

Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain - Willie Nelson

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I saw Don Maclain in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. at the Bardavon Theater, he was doing an Anti-Nuke concert (I was home on leave as newly minted Air Force Airman) which I felt my attendance was kinda ironic, considering the new job and all.  Was a great concert.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    8 years ago

I'd like to present a female performer who's musical talent is just the start of what she has to offer . Hillary Duff chooses topics & lyrics that are completely daring & fearless especially when she goes into an ethnic style :

also :

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

Petey,

Is it the music of the woman behind the music. Curious minds would like to know.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

I suggest you watch the videos P & decide for yourself ...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent

HEHEHE, see what I started , to those that shared your playlists , thank you,  letting the teriyaki chicken and rice cool down and then off for a night of karaoke and maybe an adult beverage or 2 ,  have a safe and joyful weekend all.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

Here goes:

1.  Wish I knew You - The Revivalists

2.  Human - Rag n Bone Man

3.  Cold blood - Alt J

4.  High - Sir Sly

5.  Knocking at the Door - The Arkells

Not sure if many of you will know these groups, but the music is new, fresh and breaks some new ground.

There are other groups like:  Stone Sour, Godsmack, AWOL Nation, Foster the People, Mother Mother, Mondo Cozmo, Kings of Leon and so much more.  You can listen in on www.theedge.ca and wedg.com (I Heart Radio 103.3 The Edge)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

The Heart Remains A Child - Everyhting But The Girl

Am I The Same Girl - Swing Out Sister

Desifanado - Andrea Motis

Viva La Vida - Sofia Karlberg

There Used To Be A Ballpark - Frank Sinatra

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

I like Johnny Cash, too.  Never thought I would!  But, after a while, he was a good man and I liked him better...  He plays 3 chords, G, C, and F-- on occasion, he throws in a D or two, but his music is VERY easy to play, (unlike the Beatles, etc.)

When I was in grade school, we went to see Folsom Prison Blues, and EGAD, that was awful.  Now, I like the song.  Go figure!

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
link   mocowgirl    7 years ago

Depends on my mood on what I listen to, but I do listen to a lot of country from the 30s through 90s - from the Sons of the Pioneers to Waylon.

Somewhere Between Ragged and Right is one of my favorite Waylon recordings.