Via:  ambivalent  •  8 years ago  •  5 comments

How to Disarm an Armed Man with a Glass of Wine

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

This explains how I got out of being robbed at Grand Central Station, years ago.  I was walking away from the, (I want to say it was a), bus, on the steps, and a man came up to me with a knife.  He didn't say anything.  I handled it like I would have for one of my students...  I patted his arm, and sort of gently took it, the arm with the knife, and said, "You look hungry. Let me get you something to eat."  So, I sort of gently dragged him off to a hot dog vendor, bought him a dog, a drink, and something else, (I don't remember what).  He was stunned.  

I patted his arm, and said, "If you eat something, you'll feel better", smiled at him, and quietly walked away.  I don't know if the guy was surprised by my southern-speak, or what.  But, I got away from there, he got something to eat, and the vendor was unharmed.  So maybe this is what happened...  I've always wondered why it worked.  He was young, white, and seemed to live on the streets.  It was instinct that kicked in.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    8 years ago

Very very nice indeed.  Dowser, you have some stories to tell for sure.  Glad you were able to tell this one!