╌>

No Confidence Vote

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  community  •  8 years ago  •  22 comments

No Confidence Vote

By Larry Hampton

Our political system has reached a point of critical mass. It requires more resources and energy to maintain, than is equitable in comparison to what it provides to the country it is meant to govern. Its inefficiency has turned into a flat-out ripoff; not a benign unintentional consequence of poor management, but instead a real theft. DC is a mess, not even close to repairing itself; rather, it wants to continue wallowing in its own filth. And now,,,our choices have been limited to Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb....

We are truly in need of a drastic, reformative movement to sweep in a new era of governance from the top down. The status quo will be our undoing.

Why should Americans in our country supposedly governed of, by, and for the people, not have the ability in a presidential election, to take back our own power, voting no confidence in the fielded candidates? What would happen if half of the votes cast in November were votes of no confidence? 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton    8 years ago

Talk about the article, not each other.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

The final straw was the DNC plotting against Sanders...

We have reached the point that neither party can win straight up. Cheating in one way or another is the norm.

How frickin' pathetic is that.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

My thoughts exactly Kavika. 

At what point do Americans allow their system to be rigged, and themselves used as pawns? We are basically not being allowed to vote for president who we want.  Pathetic is right!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Now is the time for Johnson-Weld 2016!

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

Pretty much what Trump has been saying all along. The Republicans chose an outsider that says Washinton is broken and the people have no confidence. The Dems went in the opposite direction choosing the establishment candidate that represents a continuation of the same old broken policies. It is an amazing accomplishment that Trump took on the establishment and came out on top. He is not a career politician and voters saw that. Had they chosen Jeb we would not be seeing this growing antiestablishment movement. 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

I agree that trump has hit upon the antiestablishment sentiment, but disagree that his his candidacy has grown this sentiment into a movement. I believe it has been forming and growing for sometime now, sparked by a lack of confidence in the system as a whole, and the particular choices for candidates. Trump has seized the opportunity created by that.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

What about a reset?  Could we reset the taxes, budget, etc. back to 1980?  If not, pick another year-- one before Reagan.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago
Absolutely not.  We will never give up Reagan ever come what may.  Reagan was one of our best ever presidents.  You really want to go back to having the Cold War?  You want 70% top tax rates, stagflation, energy shortages, 20% interest rates?  Talk about something well worth fighting for.  Reagan and his legacy are worth defending at literally all cost.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

Reagan began the downfall of the middle class.  If you don't want to go back to what it was when Reagan took office, what about Ike?  

Reagan's munificent tax break netted me a total of $.33 every two weeks.  No one, in their right mind, would think of that as a break.  His minions classified tomato ketchup as a vegetable, so that they could cut the budget for school lunches-- the only meal a day that some of these poor kids get.  He was a crook and a scumbag under the guise of geniality.  I detest the man.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Ah, the true liberal democrat comes out.  Whenever I read a U.S. history text book I go straight to the chapter on the Reagan years to determine whether it will be biased or not.  I bet you must have hated it a decade ago the outpouring of love and support for him and his memory and family when he passed on. I have the C-SPAN record of all the events and public support.  I grew up democrat and was one of the first of the Reagan democrats to move over to the GOP.  We need more buildings, airports, roads, schools named after him.  He deserves a spot available on Mt. Rushmore.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

Why don't you name your new state Reagan?

Sorry, and I'm not being ugly, but I disagree.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

You really want to go back to having the Cold War? 

He had little or nothing to do with ending the Cold War. His ending the Cold War is the single biggest myth about him. The Soviet Union was on the verge of collapsing under it's own weight anyway (Communism is an unsustainable political system in the long run) and would have fallen if Pee Wee Herman had been President. It was Lech Wałęsa, the Polish people and Pope JPII that deserve the vast majority of the credit.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Randy   8 years ago

Actually, Reagan's Defense build-up spurred a similar reaction from the Russians, pushing them over the edge.  All in the timing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

It is a monumental embarrassment to this country to see large numbers of people even consider voting for Donald Trump. 

Is this country filled with morons? 

The Washington Post had an editorial yesterday in which they laid out point by point why Trump should never ever ever ever be even given a passing thought as president of the United States. 

Last  week Slate put out a list of 141 reasons why Trump should be disqualified from consideration.  Many of the 141 were very serious matters. 

I truly think the people in this country are losing their minds. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Just about as many morons that think Hillary is a good example of presidential material.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

John,

Here, you should read:  https:// wikileaks .org/ dnc -emails

and then tell us about how wonderful, trustworthy and honest the Democrats are.  We already know your view on Republicans.