╌>

If Clinton Is "Brought Down" , We Must Postpone The Election

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  looser-too  •  8 years ago  •  33 comments

If Clinton Is "Brought Down" , We Must Postpone The Election

by John Russell

The right wing, conspiracy and fringe media are atwitter with "anticipation" that Hillary Clinton will be brought down by Julian Assange. Assange is apparently promising that he has conclusive proof that Hillary Clinton has broken laws that will put her behind bars. Being of sound mind , I am rather skeptical of Assange claims but in today's world anything seems possible. The fringe and the Clinton haters and the nutjobs tend to grossly overrate and overstate such "evidence" , and have overstated it throughout Bill and Hillary Clinton's careers, which explains why they are perpetually disappointed and frustrated. 

Just a couple weeks ago the leaks about the DNC were going to 'bring down Clinton'. And of course Benghazi was going to bring down Clinton and the FBI investigation into the private server was going to bring down Clinton, as was the outrage over her aide Huma Abedien's alleged (fabricated) ties to the Muslim brotherhood, and her Goldman Sach's transcripts. etc etc etc. 

From my point of view, as someone who actually has an objective view of Hillary Clinton, I am waiting for some proof that Hillary Clinton has done something that should disqualify her from the office of the presidency in THIS election. When I look at Hillary Clinton I see an ambitious, somewhat sneaky, a little ruthless, somewhat doubletalking candidate. In other words a fairly typical high level politician. Her flaws in those regards are magnified by the persistence of the media attention and by the unhinged resolution of the conspiracy fans and far right ideologues who literally spend their lives trying to destroy this woman. And we have to say that to a certain extent they have succeeded. Clinton is to an extent damaged goods. There is little hope that she could have a productive presidency with the Republicans controlling either branch of Congress, let alone them both. If Clinton wins we are surely headed for the state of suspension that government has been in for many years now. Her only recourse will be executive action, but that option will be extremely limited in terms of fulfilling her campaign promises. 

Still, we must elect Hillary and put the country back into malaise and stagnation. The alternative is too embarrassing, revolting, and unimaginable. 

It is time to worry about the sanity of our people when 35 -40% say they will vote for Donald Trump for president. 

Leaving aside the most obvious thing about Trump , that he is an asshole (very difficult to leave aside), we can almost just as obviously see that he is the most ignorant, unprepared, dishonest, mean spirited and unhinged presidential candidate in the nation's history. 

The right wing, conspiracy and fringe people hope that such things won't matter because "Hillary". As the polls show us, this is a forlorn hope. There is no comparison between the ways Trump is disqualified and the ways Clinton is disqualified. Trump is worse by every metric and every analysis. Far far worse. And the American people clearly know this based on the way their support is trending. 

But circumstances bring us back to Assange. On the truly off chance that he does have something that will "destroy" Clinton in October, what then? Assange may want the mentally disturbed Trump in the White House, that would abet and assist Assange's aspirations for anarchy in America. Assange is not a simple "whistleblower", he has a sinister agenda of destroying the U.S. government. 

But what should America do faced at the end of October with a "destroyed" Clinton and a truly unhinged and dangerous Trump? 

Maybe do the unthinkable. Petition in whatever way necessary for a temporary delay in the election, for maybe four or five months , to allow the two parties to produce new candidates. The presidential election could be held in April instead of November and Obama would stay in office until then.  Desperate times yield desperate measures. 

The large majority of Americans will never accept Donald Trump as president . That is totally and crystal clear. If he were elected the country would be in constant and perhaps extreme chaos. 

What is coming around the bend? 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

I fully expect Hillary will deservedly be elected president on November 8, and the horror show will recede, slightly. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

How 'bout a link for your source.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

My brain. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Unfortunately in the real world, that is not a link to anything John...

Talked to your doc lately?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man   8 years ago

I don't need a link for my original work product. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

When are you gonna take your suspension?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

New York Daily News calls for GOP to drop Trump

Today's front page:
THIS ISN'T A JOKE ANYMORE
The News says, Trump must end his campaign  http:// nydn.us/2aLaFxW  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

NYTimes - a purely Democratic run paper - would expect nothing else.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

How many other Republican candidates has the Daily News tried to force out of a race? 

Pretty sure none. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

C'mon John - even you aren't that dense.  There's only one candidate, so who else is there to force out?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Did the Daily News ask Reagan to quit the race ? GWH Bush? George W Bush? Mc Cain? Romney? 

or just Trump?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Who is the only non-establishment candidate that doesn't give a shit what either party thinks?  Could that have something to do with why they want him out?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

That pretty much sums it up.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    8 years ago
(deleted)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man   8 years ago

There is NOTHING that could possibly be revealed about Hillary Clinton that could turn Trump into an acceptable alternative. The large majority of Americans believe the man is an insufferable asshole. You can't fix that. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Nowhere Man   8 years ago

''Remember Bobby Kennedy?

Won California in '68 giving him enough votes to secure the Democrat Nomination?

He was then killed.''

I don't believe that Kennedy had enough delegates after CA. to secure the nomination. If I remember correctly HH had considerably more and McCarthy was very popular, in fact he won the popular vote but HH not the nod.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Yeah there are those that say that, but we never made it to the convention now did we.

We believed we did, and many media editorial writers agreed at the time.

Unfortunately, we weren't given the chance to find out....

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Nowhere Man   8 years ago

My point is that he didn't have the votes after CA. Anything beyond that is speculation.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

If Hillary is brought down, Trump is going to win, and Canada had better start building a fence along the border.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

'' Canada had better start building a fence along the border.''

And make Trump pay for it.Laugh

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

No, no, Kavika. It's not to keep the Canadians from entering the USA, it's to stop the Americans from seeking asylum. I can just see it now - refugees on flimsy rafts crossing Lake Erie. A warning to residents of the southern states, buy a parka and lined boots first.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Rosie would eat my Canadian friends out of home

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

The Ojibwe will be selling them birch bark canoes....I love it, we could act as ''coyotes''. A new business venture.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    8 years ago

Given the existence of crazies and the number of guns in America, had Trump made this comment outside of the hall, he'd likely be facing possible charges of "incitement".

AND THAT'S NOT JUST MY TAKE ON IT!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    8 years ago

Absolutely not are we throwing the Constitution out the door to give the Democrats the best chance to win an election. What a travesty. 

And people think Trump is crazy.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

Trump is not going to win the election. Clinton could be in prison garb and she would beat him. She's way more qualified, and he's nuts. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

HERE'S A MORE LIKELY SCENARIO … A DUMPED TRUMP!

RULE NO. 9

Filling Vacancies in Nominations

(a) The Republican National Committee is hereby authorized and empowered to fill any and all vacancies which may occur by reason of death, declination, or otherwise of the Republican candidate for President of the United States or the Republican candidate for Vice President of the United States, as nominated by the national convention, or the Republican National Committee may reconvene the national convention for the purpose of filling any such vacancies.

(b) In voting under this rule, the Republican National Committee members representing any state shall be entitled to cast the same number of votes as said state was entitled to cast at the national convention.

(c) In the event that the members of the Republican National Committee from any state shall not be in agreement in the casting of votes hereunder, the votes of such state shall be divided equally, including fractional votes, among the members of the Republican National Committee present or voting by proxy.

(d) No candidate shall be chosen to fill any such vacancy except upon receiving a majority of the votes entitled to be cast in the election.

OTHERWISE!

Everyone's an expert … UNTIL THEY KNOW THE FACTS!

Now, those herein do.

AND NOW, MY PERSONAL OPINION …

If Clinton is determined, for whatever reason, an unfit candidate … RIGHTIES WILL GET A BIDEN/WARREN TICKET!

Careful what you wish for, boys.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Consider the details of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin after inciting comments made by Benjamin Netanyahu … and how they compare to Trump's remarks about 2nd Amendment people and Hillary Clinton.

If you support this dangerous bastard, Donald Trump, you need to reconsider whether or not you're one of the fools that contributes to the potential mayhem he can generate. 

Follow the comment made by Trump re: 2nd Amendment. He specifically referred to a time AFTER CLINTON WAS ELECTED AND HAD APPOINTED SCOTUS JUSTICES … AFTER HER ELECTION ; that means he could not have been referring to 2nd Amendment types VOTING TO KEEP HER FROM BEING PRESIDENT, RATHER DOING SOMETHING AFTER THE VOTES WERE IN.

For once, pay attention to reason, not bullshit!

The free-floating dark energy in America has found its leader … and that leader has called, in a number of ways … for violence.

Reasonable people … WAKE TF UP.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51    8 years ago

I hope we can replace the top of both tickets before Labor Day.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

I hope we can replace the top of both tickets before Labor Day.  

Believe it or not, I agree.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    8 years ago

Wouldn't it be funny if this turns into a real life version of the show Night Court where Judge Harold "Harry" T. Stone, a young, baby-faced, good-humored jurist and an amateur magician whose parents were former mental patients. He was very young for a new judge, being only 34 when he took the bench at Criminal Court Part 2, but he later explained cheerfully that he got his assignment because the outgoing Mayor of NYC made a huge number of appointments on his last day and Harry was the only person on the judges' list who was home and was able to receive the call and accept his nomination.

Who knows, we might end up with someone halfway decent.