╌>

Should I stay out of NA discussions?

Category:  meta

Via:  nowhere-man  •  8 years ago  •  9 comments

Should I stay out of NA discussions?

1st Warrior posted this here ....

I originally posted thin in that conversation, which was actually a derail of Blues thread supporting the oil pipeline standoff in the Dakotas. Brought to it's own thread at the suggestion of 1st Warrior who promptly apologized for me derailing his conversation. But in that conversation this was said.... and my response to it is below.

As a personal note - please refrain from discussing Native American issues on NT.  You have a very extreme bias that does not fit a meaningful discussion exchange.

So what your really saying is you do not like criticism of your positions, you have the only valid opinion and anyone that can raise valid issues like 12 million people, (only if you accept that ALL NA's agree with the stated position herein) have the absolute right to decide the risks that 300+ million other Native Americans have to endure only cause they arrived first.

Got it, you consider yourself right and everybody else as wrong. I know that the Carter Administration and congressional democrats gave your group the right to decide such for everyone else.

So it is yours and Kav's position that I know absolutely nothing in Native issues and should be held out of any discussion of said issues. You claim that I am too biased to represent any good discussion.

Yes I am biased, I freely admit such, but, I am only as biased that those that oppose free and open discussion.

So lets see how the rest of the site believes....

EVERYONE! ASKING A QUESTION HERE!

It is plain that 1st Warrior and Kavika think I should not be allowed to discuss native issues on the board simply cause I am too biased and they feel I cannot represent anything that would work towards a consensus with anyone.

In my words I think they would like me to go away cause they do not want to deal with the difficult questions that go against their special rights as Native Americans and would rather have a closed discussion with those sympathetic to their cause.

WHICH DO YOU ALL WANT?

Me to stay out of NA discussions? which they should probably keep these discussion off the FP.

OR,

My right to join a discussion on the FP is sacrosanct, even if it is unpleasant for those that wish to dictate the discussion?

WHERE DO YOU, THE MEMBERS OF NEWSTALKERS STAND ON THIS ISSUE?

No snark please.

Honest opinions of which I will keep score and I will abide by the groups decision. This is not sponsored or authorized by NT or Perrie in any way, it is my decision, and I will abide by the groups wishes.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   seeder  Nowhere Man    8 years ago

I will abide by the groups decision, and understand, no decision is a decision.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Nowhere Man   8 years ago

I normally avoid them. Inevitably, the argument comes around to whether non NAs should have an opinion. Since these are very emotionally charged duscussions, I usually take no offense. It's best not to take the chance.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

Your comment that I want you to stay out of NA discussion is a lie, NWM. I have never said any such thing as you well know.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

I cast  a half vote for each alternative. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Chicken!  You can't half vote John

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

I vote that you should definitely continue participating in NA discussions for a couple reasons.  It brings a different perspective and it's important that they hear different opinions because it gives them feedback that may not be pleasant to hear but it's real and it allows them to prepare for that type of argument.  AND I learn things from these discussions.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

NWM,

This is a call out article, especially for Kavika, who had said nothing to you about not participating in NA articles. . 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

This article is now closed.