╌>

Donald Trump - "“I Don’t Talk About It Because If I Talk About That, Your Whole Thing Will Be About That"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  looser-too  •  8 years ago  •  9 comments

Donald Trump - "“I Don’t Talk About It Because If I Talk About That, Your Whole Thing Will Be About That"

by John Russell

“I don’t talk about it because if I talk about that, your whole thing will be about that,” Trump told reporters aboard his plane on Labor Day. “So I don’t talk about it.”

Donald Trump does not want to talk about something that occurred only 5 years ago, because he knows that if he does he will be exposed as a fool of monumental proportions. 

In 2011 Trump was seriously considering a run for president, against the incumbent Barack Obama, in 2012. Trump had a problem though, he didn't have a constituency within the Republican Party. He had no history of proposing or defending positions near and dear to the conservative (in 2011 read "tea party" ) heart, and had no hook on which to hang a bid to move to the forefront of GOP leaders. 

Although the birther movement from 2009 had subsided a little by 2011, anti-Obama sentiment was still peaking in right wing media and there is little doubt Trump saw re-igniting the birther movement as a way for him to attract a political base. Trump's birther campaign lasted six weeks or so , ending when the President released his long form birth certificate online. Shortly afterward the president humiliated Trump at the annual Correspondent's dinner in D.C. 

Donald Trump doesn't want to talk about his "birther days" , of course not, because his "birther" activities disqualify Trump to be president of the United States for some very telling and not often discussed reasons.

Simply put, his birther beliefs show him to be sloppy, incompetent,a liar, extremely gullible,not to mention more than willing to profess racial prejudice for political purposes. 

Donald Trump claimed, in March of 2011, to have questions about whether or not President Obama was born in Hawaii. What did Trump do to answer his questions? Did he google? Did he ask anyone in authority in Hawaii? Clearly not. Apparently all he did to find out the truth was listen to anti-Obama far right media. Trump contacted the conspiracy site World Net Daily to ask them if they would partner with him in exposing Obama. It does not appear he was interested in the truth, because all he would have needed to do to learn the truth was pick up the phone and ask the Hawaii Dept. of Health, which was open to fielding questions from interested parties at the time. Certainly they would have responded to Trump, who was one of the most famous people in the world, even five years ago. 

You see, the Hawaii Dept. of Health had settled the birther issue years before, in 2008, 

" As the top Hawaiian official in charge of state health records in 2008, when the issue of Obama's birth first arose, Fukino said she thought she had put the matter to rest. Contacted by NBC, Fukino expanded on previous public statements and made two key points when asked about Trump's recent comments.

The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

Before she would do so, Fukino said, she wanted to inspect the files — and did so, taking with her the state official in charge of vital records. She found the original birth record, properly numbered, half typed and half handwritten, and signed by the doctor who delivered Obama, located in the files. She then put out a public statement asserting to the document's validity. She later put out another public statement in July 2009 — after reviewing the original birth record a second time."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42519951/ns/politics-more_politics/t/ex-hawaii-official-denounces-ludicrous-birther-claims/#.V9AT6SmAOpc

PRIOR to Donald Trump ever becoming a birther, the state of Hawaii had TWICE put out official statements saying that Barack Obama's original long form birth certificate had been inspected in the state archives. This case was CLOSED, according to the controlling authority, the state of Hawaii. 

Before he went on his crusade, did this world class businessman and now wannabe president do the simplest and most effective thing he could have done to answer his question about Obama's birth, ask the people in charge?

No, he didn't do that, instead he went on tv endlessly, and bragged about having sent detectives to Hawaii where he said they were uncovering amazing and incredible information about the president's birth. That was all a LIE. 

So Trump was GULLIBLE (attracted to senseless conspiracies), SLOPPY (didn't use google or call Hawaii state dept of health) DECEITFUL (lied about sending detectives to Hawaii), and racially bigoted (the birther movement was inherently racist).  All for naught. 

No surprise he wants everyone to forget about his birther days. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

I don't know that if, WHEN, the birther issue surfaces full force in this campaign that it will be all the media wants to talk about, but it should be right up near the top of the list. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Too late now. We needed that eight years ago. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

Trump doesn't want his birther days revisited. He knows they show him to be a dupe, incompetent, a liar and a bigot. 

There are two months to go and it will all come out in the wash. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

My My MY what change from claiming the Republicans are keeping this alive and need to let it die. The flip flopping is amusing. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

The Republicans were keeping the lie alive. Ne we are keeping exposing the lie alive. Two different things. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

A presidential candidate does not get to dictate what will and will not be discussed, especially when it goes to their past record. Being a birther counts. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

Yes it does. 

THIS ISSUE, IN ITSELF, DISQUALIFIES TRUMP FROM THE PRESIDENCY.

Here is another voice, on this , from a Republican media consultant.

In a rational world, someone who was that wrong (especially in a way that could be easily interpreted as “racist”) would have had their reality TV show cancelled. The idea of that person even considered running for president just four years after being exposed as such an obvious fraud would be preposterous (of course, Mitt Romney  publicly accepting his endorsement soon after this episode is largely to blame for wiping the stench from Trump in respectable conservative circles). Instead, in some important ways, this debacle actually paved the way for him to win the GOP nomination.

You see, to people with a clue, Trump’s romance with “Birtherism” forever revealed him to be, at best, a scam artist and, at worst, a conspiracy nut-job, but to a significant portion of the Republican base this made him a hero with YUGE “street cred.” To them, Trump was now the only prominent person with the “balls” to stand up and “tell it like it is” regarding this black man who was “fundamentally transforming” their country.

This meant in the primaries the issue gave Trump an immediate base of support from which to build. Meanwhile, the “conservative” media pretended it never happened because debunking “Birtherism” has never been good business for them, while Trump’s campaign clearly was. The mainstream media ignored the issue probably thinking that they could save it for the general election when non-conservative voters might actually care and it would be far more lethal ( The New York Times  investigation was published after Trump had safely secured the nomination).