╌>

Man robs bank to avoid wife, says 'he'd rather be in jail than at home'

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  community  •  8 years ago  •  13 comments

Man robs bank to avoid wife, says 'he'd rather be in jail than at home'

A Kansas man robbed a bank last week in order to go to jail and avoid his wife, court documents showed.

Lawrence John Ripple, 70, told his wife following a fight on Friday that "he'd rather be in jail than at home."

After writing a note stating that he had a gun and wanted money, Ripple walked to a bank in Kansas City, Kan., and handed it to the teller.

The teller gave him nearly $3,000. Instead of making a hasty getaway from the Brotherhood Bank and Trust branch, Ripple took a seat in the lobby and admitted to a security guard that he was the suspect. He was taken into custody.

~LINK~

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton    8 years ago

The money was returned to the bank. The cause of Ripple's fight with his wife was not detailed in the court documents and no lawyer was listed for him.

:^)

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

LOL, three hots and a cot.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Ha! 

Yeah, I wonder,,,

,,,,perhaps his wife used reverse psychology on him, and is now out clubbing every night with her girlfriends!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Larry Hampton   8 years ago

LOL

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

swag-granny.jpg

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

I can sympathize with this poor man.  I'm seriously thinking about committing 3 violations tonight just to get a vacation away from tweedle dee and tweedle dum.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

It was a win-win situation for him. Either he was going to have a lot of money to spend on a really good time, or he was going to get away from his wife.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Hahaha hahaha!  So true Buzz. 

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    8 years ago

That's my theory as to why folks up north cut holes in ice to fish!! 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Tex Stankley   8 years ago

Ya may have a point there. I've never pulled a crappy from an ice hole and had it say "don't forgetagain to take the trash out".

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    8 years ago

Indeed.   Thus far the catfish have remained mute with me as well.  I don't know why really.  It would seem that some sort of deity of one ilk or the other would consider river cats as a perfect vehicle for messages from beyond.   It may just be that I am not taken too seriously in the ethereal realm on high.  Perhaps they discovered that at one time I was high on an ethereal realm.   It is a mystery.   Just as Ice Fishing is to me.   And robbing banks to get rid of your partner. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch    8 years ago

Its only a crime if a citizen robs a bank.

If banks rob citizens, they get TARP funded bonuses.

Minor legal point.

E.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Enoch   8 years ago

If banks rob citizens, they get TARP funded bonuses.

Not always . Sometimes they get sued !