╌>

Charlotte riots, Tulsa doesn’t

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  8 years ago  •  29 comments

Charlotte riots, Tulsa doesn’t
The man killed in Tulsa did not have a gun, but the white female officer believed he was reaching for one and fired. The police say the man in Charlotte did have a gun and a permit to carry it, and one was found near his body, apparently with his prints and DNA. But the videos shot on the scene do not definitively show what happened. His wife can be heard saying, "Get out of the car" and "don't do it," but it is not clear if she is talking to the police, her husband, or alternately to both. So bottom line: the facts are unclear in both events, especially the one in Charlotte.

The officer who shot Keith White in Charlotte is also African-American and by all accounts an outstanding young man, a former football star and graduate of Liberty University. His life has been upended now, as has the life of the Tulsa officer. Betty Shelby, who has been charged with first-degree manslaughter.

Charlotte is the latest Ferguson. The facts of the event, still unknown, do not matter. It does not matter that since Obama took office, over three thousand African-Americans have been killed in Chicago by other African-Americans. No one outside their immediate family and friends knows their names. Obama does not speak out about their murders or the fact that Illinois’s strict gun laws have done nothing to reduce the number of shootings in Chicago. So, curiously, Charlotte is the scene of riots, looting, and more violence like Ferguson, Baltimore, and Dallas. Many of the protesters are being bussed in and paid, quite possibly with dollars donated by George Soros. He was behind the paid protesters in Ferguson and is most likely behind the chaos in Charlotte. Last night, seventy percent of the people arrested were not from North Carolina.

So why are there riots and demonstrations in Charlotte and not in Tulsa? Could it be because Oklahoma is a conservative state? The citizens of Tulsa know that the law will prevail. North Carolina is, according to the polls, split between Trump and Clinton. Is it possible that the Clinton campaign thinks that rioting and chaos by the Black Lives Matter crowd will help her in that state?

Why on Earth would she think that? Because she is the racist who assumes that black people watching black people destroy their businesses will blame Trump and vote for her? Might those black citizens be more likely to want some law and order in their communities like everyone else in this country? And if that is the case, won't they be more likely to vote for Trump, who is the law and order candidate, endorsed by the police union? That would be the logical conclusion if the left were ever logical. But the left is diabolical. Anything for power and control, no matter how sleazy and truly, revoltingly racist. Soros and his acolytes like Clinton are well and truly vile. Our African-American citizens mean nothing to them but voters to be beguiled.

For inexplicable reasons, leftists believe that the violence wrought by angry minorities will benefit them, so they encourage it. They subsidize it. Obama has given his not-so-tacit permission to riot every time one of these tragic events occurs, from the Henry Louis Gates minor incident to the killings of Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, and the Dallas officers. And now BLM is rolling in money, $100M from "social justice" organizations. Soros gave them $33M.

What we see in Charlotte is what they pay for. They are not wasting their money in Tulsa because Oklahoma is in the bag for Trump. Nothing is as it seems in an election season. Nothing is as it seems when the left thinks it may lose. The long knives come out. Obama and Hillary contribute to the violence by speaking out in defense of the "victims" of these police shootings before they know any facts and even after they do. Almost always, the victims are men with long criminal records who fail to cooperate with the simplest police requests like "drop the gun." Of course, there are exceptions to this rule that are truly tragic, but it is still the rule.

In Charlotte, as in Ferguson, Baltimore and Dallas, the rioters/protesters shout their anger and hatred for white people. White people, in their view, are responsible for all their problems. As one protestor said in Dallas, "They have all the money and won't give us any." Colleges and universities across the nation are capitulating to this divisive nonsense; one is flying BLM flags alongside the American flag. More and more words and phrases are effectively banned from our daily conversation because they might offend someone. Today, the words "American BBQ" have been deemed unacceptable. The powers that be in our country have gone certifiably mad.

That Trump won the Republican nomination was a shock to the Beltway establishment on both sides of the aisle and to many conservative voters. How could this thoroughly unacceptable jerk ever be considered for the office of the president? Charlotte pretty much answers that question.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/09/charlotte_riots_tulsa_doesnt.html#ixzz4LC5c55sF
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    8 years ago

Interesting that really conservative places like Charleston and Tulsa don't have riots and other places do.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

LOL XX, you better read the history of Tusla before you put your foot to far into your mouth.

The largest race riot in history...Whites burn the ''Black Wall Street'' to the ground 1100 buildings destroyed, 300 Blacks killed.

e70209fa1c36070beab054767c49213a.jpg

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

I'm aware of the history.  It seems today's Tulsa citizens learned a lesson from history rather than repeating mistakes as black lives matter insist they do in Baltimore, Charlotte, elsewhere. 

Kavika
Professor Principal

If we were aware of history, and the current situation in Tulsa you wouldn't have posted the article.

You might want to ask the black community in Tulsa..

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

BTW, how did they learn their lesson....That sounds really strange to me...Getting killed and burned out is learning their lesson?

Your aware that it was the whites that rioted aren't you?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

The point is that Tulsa isn't rioting now.  Does that disappoint you?

Kavika
Professor Principal

That has to be one of the most ignorant question I've ever heard from someone on this forum.

If you can't speak to the question, which is the usual from you. It' best to just keep your mouth shut and save yourself the embarrassment.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

Probably. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

Exactly.  

Kavika
Professor Principal

Really Cerenkov, XX.

So you think that I want to see people die. What race do you think I want to see die, black or white?

Your comments really show your inability to think or be rational in any discussion.

And you XX, the so called Christian babbling that kind of crap, once again shows you are no more a Christian than the devil.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

I have to say that I find those comments about Kavika shocking and he and I have disagreed about this topic. I think we should realize that even if we disagree, that we don't have to jump to the worst conclusion. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

"...we don't have to jump to the worst conclusion..."

Ask Kavika.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Nobody said anything about anyone dying.  I simply pointed out that Tulsa didn't riot under current circumstances and you took off from that point.  

Kavika
Professor Principal

Bull XX, at least have the courage to stand behind your obnoxious comment.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

I made no comment.  I simply asked you a question based on your prior comments.  One you never answered.  Why was it again that you objected to the headline saying that Tulsa didn't riot?  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

Good point. Charleston is pretty conservative while Charlotte is a liberal leaning town. Too bad. Both have great restaurants, but I will have to shift my weekend trips to Charleston until they get the looters off the street in Charlotte. 

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    8 years ago

We had a police shooting here a couple weeks ago. White bank robber ran out of bank with two guns, did not comply with police, shot and killed. No rioting or looting by whites, no attacking police.  His family was not on the news inciting violence or excusing his behavior.  His family and friends were saddened that he had made a bad decision,  but even though he was killed by police, they blamed no one but him for not complying with police.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  jennilee   8 years ago

That's the difference between communities that have a respect for the rule of law and communities that are looking for a new pair of kicks.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

I think I've always been clear how I feel about BLM.  I've also been fairly vocal on my disgust with where the political correct agenda has taken our country.  

The issues in this article are serious issues that deserve serious contemplation not the finger pointing, race baiting and standard party politics.  

Why is it always ONLY ONE PARTY that is at fault?  When I hear a one sided clearly partisan perspective then I can't take the article or seeder seriously. 

Keep moving......nothing to read here - just another hit job article against the left.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

And yet you never go on LW seeds complaining about another hit job on the right.  Why is that oh great self esteemed moderate independent who only is critical of conservatives here?  

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

Well, Hell's Bells and Peanut Shells,  I think both sides are flailing about under a Tsunami of cognitive dissonance, misinformation and fervent belief in questionable dogma.   Both are full of shyte.  

"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing." Mark Twain

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

Hi X!  There you are.  I was getting worried that you didn't want to talk with me today.  Now, before we get down to business, let's start with pleasantries.  How's your day going?  I got up early this morning and went for a short hike (only about 5 miles today).  I didn't want to miss any of the football game today and it was a good decision because my team WON.  Yippee!!!!

back to business

Okay, so I wouldn't necessarily call myself "great" but hey I'm not going to argue if you think I'm great.  blushing   thanks 

As far as me not pointing out when the left starts acting all wacky - I disagree.  I do point out how stupid the political correctness has been.  I highlight when I see a double standard being applied to certain situations.  I have spoken up against certain social programs and positions being taken.  

This article has some points that I could certainly support and agree with.  I liked that the writer points out that the left automatically assumes it will get the minority vote and that they count on the discontent of minorities and they play on the fears and disparities that many minorities face.  I also agree that we've allowed social media to override our laws and procedures.  We've allowed a group of our population dictate and intimidate our legal system.  We've allowed a group of individuals loot, destroy property and attack other citizens and have responded with minimal action if any action at all. 

As I said, there are a number of points that were made that I agree with BUT then the writer makes it all the fault of the left......and he lost me because it's the fault of both parties and if he can't acknowledge where the fault lies than he won't be equipped to find common ground or solutions.

Your turn!  Big hugs

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

I just hope that when there is a seed by one of our lefties from a left of center news/opinion site that finds fault with and blames the right that you will go there and say there what you said above here.  I get that you don't like conservatives questioning actions done on the left.    

PJ
Masters Quiet

X!  That's not true.  You're still mad at me over the whole sister wives comment aren't you.  Look, I was wrong okay.  I tell you what, the next lefty article that you see that you think I should criticize, you just let me know and I'm on it, okie dokie?  You can count on me.   We should come up with a secret hand shake or something or maybe a secret code word.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

The one from Newscorpse about the debate being set with a photo of the debate stage with trumps spot a high chair with a baby bottle.  I didn't appreciate your comments about my life but I don't hold grudges. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Mature. You've lived up to my expectations. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

Well said.  A sad post, really.  

PJ
Masters Quiet

X - I ran across an article about "10 things you should never do after a fight".  I think we should try following them when we have future fights.    

1. Don't give him the cold shoulder (okay, I admit I've done this a couple times but I think you deserved it)
  2. Don't keep his words in your arsenal (I don't understand what you're saying half the time so I think I can do this)
  3. Don't just say "I'm sorry" if he's still hurt ( I kinda do this one a lot.....sorry)
  4. Don't make excuses for why you fought (I kinda do this one too but I think I'm really good at coming up with stuff)
  5. Don't walk away if he re-approaches the argument (I'm always up for a fight so I'm okay with not walking away)
  6. Don't keep getting in jabs (Yikes - this is a favorite of mine but I'll try working on NOT jabbing)
  7. Don't have make up sex if you're not feeling it (not applicable)
  8. Don't focus on what caused the fight (duh - I'm a girl.  What am I supposed to focus on?.....I'll work on it)
  9. Don't say "I didn't mean it" (What if I really didn't mean it?.......)
  10. Don't beat yourself up that you had a fight ( This one shouldn't be a problem)

Now that that's taken care of I'm off to check out the article about the debate with Trump in a high chair.  Wish me luck!