╌>

Would Obama have lied about where he was born if he thought he could get away with it ?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  petey-coober  •  8 years ago  •  103 comments

Would Obama have lied about where he was born if he thought he could get away with it ?

An original article by Petey Coober :

This is about the issue of credibility . I'll grant that Obama probably was born in the US [as far as I know] . But is he credible if he didn't have documented proof ? Where a person is born is not something one knows automatically . One accepts what one's parents have told him/her . If Obama had been told he had NOT been born in the US would he lie about that just to be a more electable presidential candidate ? What is your opinion about this ?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober    8 years ago

Personally I don't find Obama credible . His motives seem to be inevitably political . But don't let my opinion stop you from giving yours ...

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

He would have lied, no question. The ends justify the means fir liberals.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

There is nothing Obama would not lie about in advance of his power and goals if he believed he could get away with it.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

And the Harridan is no different. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

For all we know he was in the witness protection program. We know he lies there is no reason to believe his claims. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

Black men from Chicago will do & say anything to rise above the gang warfare there . There are a number of issues that Obama has been at least misleading about . But those of a liberal bent tend to believe him on all occasions . Doesn't that resemble a religion ?!

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

I think "cult" is the word you're looking for.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

Black men from Chicago will do & say anything to rise above the gang warfare there 

Petey, Obama was in his mid 20's when he first came to Chicago. Any "lies" about his birthplace would have long before been solidified in place. 

I am sure hardly anyone will take this ridiculous article seriously, but you seem to. Should we be worried about you? 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Obama was in his mid 20's when he first came to Chicago.

OK .

Any "lies" about his birthplace would have long before been solidified in place.

That is not well thought out . There was no reason to lie B4 he ran for political office , especially for president ... Duh !

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

Black men from Chicago will do & say anything to rise above the gang warfare there .

You realize, of course, that this is a good thing, right? 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   8 years ago

Since when has "do anything" been a universal good ... the same for "say anything" especially for a politician ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

Would Donald Trump cheat everyday folks out of millions of dollars if he thought he could get away with it?

We don't have to guess about this one, it already happened. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

You should consider making comments in Le Bob's red box rules article if you want to go off topic ... From what I've seen of your past behavior you pretty much worship everything His Obamaness does ...

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

Again, "cult"...

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober    8 years ago

From the lack of response on this article and the substantial response on Bob's red box rules article I am led to believe that people want to have a dictator in charge of comment control rather than freedom to voice their actual opinions . Is that accurate ? If so it is deeply tragic ...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Your concept is so bizarre and offensive I thought it best not to comment on it directly. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

So you're trolling instead? Outstanding. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I thought it best not to comment on it directly.

Sounds like a major cop-out . There are no red box rules here . I realize what I asked opposes your religious beliefs but your god Obama is close to being deposed . When are you planning to move on to your next fixation ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

You are more obsessed with Obama than everyone else combined. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

So you agree that Obama is an expert liar then ? Or are you so afraid of spoiling the legacy of The Obama that you are afraid to deal with this subject ...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Be happy I posted four comments on this mess. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I'm overjoyed ! Its too bad you are afraid to deal with the actual topic ...

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley    8 years ago

Probably.  It is what politicians, cops and lawyers are wont to do.   The old joke, "How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?", applies to politicians as well.  Hell, a heck of em are lawyers.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Tex Stankley   8 years ago

Thanks for your thoughts on this . Are there any other issues he has lied on that come to mind ? Feel free to expand on either side of this ...

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

I refer you to edward snowden and julian assange.   To somehow believe that this is strictly an Obama problem is a bit naive.  This isn't a liberal/conservative issue.  We have a very sneaky, far less than transparent government.  Doesn't matter whose hands are on the reins. 

I'm sort of mystified as to why y'all on the right demonize this guy so vehemently.  His terms have been very old school Republican in many ways and he's a little right of center.  For that matter, y'all should love Ms Clinton.  She's got a lotta that old school Goldwater Republican in her.   I think that's why a whole butt load of the old guard in the republican party have headed to her side.  She's probably the best Republican on the ticket. 

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
link   Tex Stankley  replied to  Tex Stankley   8 years ago

Petey -  apologies.  I was not making reference to you personally at all.  Just a general sense of wonder at the concept. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

No problem Tex . You made me think . I thank you for that !

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

BTW I do not require apologies from people for speaking their minds . Its against my philosophy ...

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent

Thank you kindly.  I do try to be civil and respectful on a personal level.   Against mine as well.  Philosophy, I mean.  Heck, I even enjoy opines that are completely antithetical to mine.  Who knows?   For all our belief systems and surety of position we could all be full of shyte.  Every man-jack, or, woman-jack if applicable, one of us could be living in a matrix like construct.  I think the Aussie Aborigines believe that our dream lives are the reality.  I could be full of shyte on this one as well.  I'm too lazy to research presently.   

I often think of the old Monty Python title, "Everything You Know is Wrong".  

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I think more about the Python's Milkman psychologist character . Have you seen that one ?

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Thanks for your thoughts on this Tex .

To somehow believe that this is strictly an Obama problem is a bit naive.

Although my emphasis is on Obama rather than other pols , he is still in the position of maximum political power .  And no one seems to be discussing what his legacy will be . I believe history will emphasize 2 factors : 1] he was the 1st black president 2] He was OK with sacrificing the lives of cops to make blacks feel "equal" . But making blacks feel equal to cops is NOT a wise position to take . Allowing blacks to feel it is OK to hold onto their guns/knives etc when dealing with the cops is NOT a good policy ...

As to referring to Clinton as old school republican , I'm not seeing it . Sure she favors big capitalists who can contribute to her candidacy ... but that is not the same thing . It is just selling out IMO !

Again , thanks for your thoughts . Feels free to attack what I said or expand on your thoughts !

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent

Yeah, I ponder the legacy as well.  I tend to think the BLM thing will end up in his favor historically speaking.  It is the continuation of never ending war, lack of transparency, attack on whistle-blowers, squirrelly trade agreements, the continued support of the patriot act and the hurt taken by the Bill of Rights are probably going to be some of the negatives. Oh, and kinda leaving the working class and working poor to grovel it out on their own while bailing out corporate entities and money lenders.  

Of course, all of those negatives could be attributed to every President, Republican and Democrat alike, for the last number of electoral turns.  I still hold that this is a government problem.  Not a right/liberal issue. 

I'll get back to you on Clinton and why my perception of her is closer to center right than even liberal.  Much less, Left. 

Gotta watch this lunacy.  Wired Magazine, as well as Bloomberg, PBS, NPR and a number of others are doing the fact check thing.

later gator

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    8 years ago

He will say whatever he views as in his best interest at the time. The evidence for that is overwhelming.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

I find that to be the case . The sheer count of issues he had lied about [& just as bad , issues of distraction such as bathroom choices for tansgenders] staggers the imagination !

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

And so many folks are forgetting that he said he wasn't born in the U. S. in his autobiography.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

Good point . I forgot about that ...

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6    8 years ago

Why not?  Ho got away with everything else he lied about.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  96WS6   8 years ago

Do you recall when he said that his admin was gonna be the most transparent in history ? I'm thinkin' that was part of a comedy routine rather than a lie ....

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  96WS6   8 years ago

I put an article up over the weekend about his fake name he used to communicate with Hillary on her private server.  Remember he said he didn't know she had the private server.  You know he always finds out about things on the news or newspapers. 

Well, that was a lie.  That was the reason the FBI investigation was just a smoke ring and was never going to go anywhere, because if Hillary had been charged they would involved Obama in ti, since anything he emails is considered born classified as I understand it. 

She never had to worry, but in this latest batch of emails they now have they have the goods, but nothing will every come of it.  And if Hillary wins, which she probably will, everything will vanish like a rainbow on a sunny afternoon after a rain storm.  Let's just say they get what they want.  Like it's not who votes, but who counts the votes.

I agree with Tex, it's not just Obama.  It's both parties and all the government employees who don't get elected, but remain in their jobs for 20 to 30 years.  They want government and it really boils down to government against the people in my opinion.

Get ready for the common sense gun control like Australia.

Get ready for many more refugees entering the country without being vetted properly.

Get ready for a drastic increase in welfare benefit cost to the taxpaying citizen.

Get ready for the one party rule.

In fact, get ready for war.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  sixpick   8 years ago

What ominous prognostications !

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    8 years ago

Precious Petey, Mr. Obama is, for all practical purposes, losing his job come November.  Where is the wisdom in keeping the birther thing alive?  Besides, if you truly believe he lied about where he was born, then accept the fact that he DID get away with it, and move on.  You are a very smart man, and there are more worth-while topics that need your attention. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   8 years ago

more worth-while topics that need your attention.

Context is everything ! Reply here if you want more details . However , here's a hint : I detest red box rules articles ...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   8 years ago

He will still have the "power" until the new prex is sworn in in January.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

Let me get this straight.......Immediately after birth it was up to Barrack Obama to contact the appropriate agency to ensure that his birth records were up to par so it would meet the standard of a faction of racist white people?  

Thanks for clarifying

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

Logic will get you nowhere on this article PJ.  This is la la land. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

Obama the troll. It takes about 5 minutes to get a birth certificate. :

"Obama played a similar game with his birth certificate and the whole birther craze. He could have released his birth certificate as early as 2008, when the Mephistophelean Clinton henchman Sid Blumenthal was whispering in reporters' ears. But Obama didn't for years -- in part because he knew the conspiracy theory would galvanize his base. It not only confirmed everything liberals wanted to hear about the right, it also provided Obama with an endless supply of one-liners. And for a long time that worked well for Obama; he got to mock birthers and play the dignified victim."

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

I'm so thoroughly disgusted and disappointed that you guys continue to push this crazy conspiracy.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal

What conspiracy? That it takes 5 minutes to order a birth certificate? 

If you don't think he exploited the controversy, I don't know what to tell you.

PJ
Masters Quiet

And there in lies the problem Sean.  Perhaps if there was NO conspiracy in the first place he wouldn't have been tempted to aggravate the racists who started this shit.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal

NO conspiracy in the first place he wouldn't have been tempted to aggravate the racists who started this shit.

I agree that Sid Blumenthal is a piece of shit and it makes perfect sense why Obama banned him from working in the State Department. I don't understand why Clinton would hire then  him to work for her "charity"  and serve as her foreign policy adviser, but that's a different issue.

Obama exploited the issue. Obviously his descsion was not as good for America as it was for Obama personally.     

PJ
Masters Quiet

Okay - you win Sean.  The black man shouldn't have upset the white man.  Hopefully he's learned his place.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

Does this mean you're happy with the Obama inspired BLM ?

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

No, I hate BLM but BLM came about because of police shootings not because of the blatant racism against the 1st black President.  

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

BLM came about because of police shootings

To some degree I suppose BUT Obama tended to give his acceptance of BLM motives . Don't you think that is a dangerous precedent to set ? Why should the average black man in the street be equal in power to the cops ?

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

Petey - A man can only take so much disrespect, wouldn't you agree?  You expect him to constantly take it and not show any frustration.  

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

You expect him to constantly take it and not show any frustration. 

I expect the president  to have multiple ideas in his head rather than to yield to the mob mentality . Obama has shown  on many occasions that he is not the president of ALL the people . Some are given special consideration .

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

You do remember that Obama is white, right?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

In the United States people self identify as to race. Obama identifies himself as black. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

Sean , Obama didn't have to show the nutcase brigade jack shit. There was NEVER any there there. 

Hawaii’s Director of Health Dr. Chiyome Fukino says she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the Hawaii Department of Health holds Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)‘s original birth certificate (see  June 13, 2008 , June 27, 2008 July 2008 , and  August 21, 2008 ). Fukino says that she has “personally seen and verified that the Department of Health has Senator Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.” Fukino and Onaka thereby verify that Obama is, indeed, an American citizen. Fukino releases the statement in an attempt to stem the tide of conspiracy theories that assert Obama is not a US citizen—“birtherism”—and therefore cannot be eligible to be president. Fukino adds that no state official, including Governor Linda Lingle (R-HI), ever issued instructions that Obama’s certificate be handled differently. Hawaii state law prohibits the release of the so-called “long form” birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest; state law says that the “short form” the state releases to its citizens, and that Obama has long ago made public (see  June 13, 2008 ), is legal and valid in and of itself. State courts in Ohio, Pennsylvania (see August 21-24, 2008 ), and Washington State have recently dismissed court challenges to Obama’s citizenship.  [ FACTCHECK (.ORG), 8/21/2008 ASSOCIATED PRESS, 10/31/2008 ]  Fukino tells a Honolulu reporter: “This has gotten ridiculous (see  July 20, 2008 ). There are plenty of other, important things to focus on, like the economy, taxes, energy.” Asked if this “[w]ill be enough to quiet the doubters,” Fukino responds: “I hope so. We need to get some work done.”  [ FACTCHECK (.ORG), 8/21/2008 ]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

All he had to do was release it, which he did years later. 

It was his choice. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

Obama released the short form certificate 5 months before the 08 election. 

In JUNE of 2008 the fucking state of Hawaii Dept of Health put out an official statement saying that it's top two people had PERSONALLY inspected Obama's  ORIGINAL birth certificate in the state archives. 

Obama probably decided that if that was not good enough for the haters, fuck em. More power to him. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

PJ, some of them are losing it as we speak, and some of them lost it a long time ago. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Case in point.

John doesn't even realize when's being manipulated. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

Useful idiots have always been part of the Democratic strategy. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

I know who the idiots are on this fiasco of a seed, and it is not the "Democrats"

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

John - if you're going to continue to complain about the comments/"this thread" - quit reading and leave it alone.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

1st warrior. You like to go on people's articles and complain about the garbage there, why aren't you doing it here? This seed is as big a load of garbage as we see. Why so silent? 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Could be because your opinion on anything dealing with Obama means little to nothing - especially since you wish so to be in his back pocket.  Maybe you will be when he comes back to Chicago.  The two of you can go down to the local bar and grill and get a ham and cheese and a few beers and you can tell him how much you have idolized and pushed his image as being a positive one.

Could be since he is also white - do you feel a sense of relatedness????

Plus the fact that you have no idea of how to discuss a topic/thread/article published by someone else and it is hilarious to watch you wiggle under the wires to totally derail it each and every time you comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

I can discuss this birther topic because I took the time to learn something about it over the years. I seriously doubt if you know a damn thing about it, other than to whine about Obama. Instead of keeping your ignorance about the topic to yourself, you come on here and pretend you are adding something. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

"Discussing" has never been The Russell's strength . Arguing & infantile rank outs are . What a complete waste of bytes ...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Petey, you posted an ignorant and offensive article, which apparently fell out of your brain. 

Why should we speculate on what Obama might have done when we know what he did do ? 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Petey, you posted an ignorant and offensive article

Thanks . Its good to hear that you were offended JR . As to ignorant , nah . You should actually read what I wrote ... but I guess that is too stressful for you

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Pushing the CoC John.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Petey should just do the right thing and delete this travesty of an article. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

Consistent puppy dogs - thanks to both of you for your twin thumbs-down laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

Useful idiots have always been part of the Democratic strategy. 

As contrasted with the USELESS idiots on the other side of the aisle.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

I see you continue to serve...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    8 years ago

This is why I spend less and less time here.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

Would you have preferred Le Bob's red rules article ? I wrote this to counter that heavily censored one ...

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

And it was well done.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    8 years ago

This article is the ultimate example of the "STRAW MAN" argument.

straw man  is a common form of  argument  and is an  informal fallacy  based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent. [1]

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e. "stand up a straw man") and then refuting that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition. [2] [3]

This technique has been used throughout history in  polemical  debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged emotional issues where a fiery, entertaining "battle" and the defeat of an "enemy" may be more valued than  critical thinking  or understanding both sides of the issue.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

It's not a straw man argument, it's a hypothetical about the President's honesty. 

If you want a straw man argument, listen to anyone of the President's speeches, with his "there are some who say" arguments. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

"Strawman." I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Petey Coober  replied to  A. Macarthur   8 years ago

Thanks so much A Mac for expressing your opinion even if it was off topic . Next time I suggest you read what I actually wrote . Or is that too much of an effort ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Why anyone  (including you) would want to call attention to what you wrote in the article will be an eternal mystery. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Thanks for demonstrating in a public forum that you are unable to read a simple paragraph ... Are you ashamed yet ?