╌>

Buzz takes an aspirin a day - who gives a shit?

Category:  Scattershooting,Ramblings & Life

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  8 years ago  •  40 comments

Buzz takes an aspirin a day - who gives a shit?

Buzz takes an aspirin a day – who gives a shit?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

Sometimes I even sniff.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

Not sure what your point is, but I try to take an aspirin a day too. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

Big Pharma are the ones that care the most about getting people to eat an aspirin a day. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

Aspirin costs a penny apiece. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Annual sales climbed to $1.1 billion in 2007, entering true blockbuster drug territory.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

It still costs a penny apiece. And is considered a wonder drug. 

Makes ya wonder, doesn't it? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Tell that to the epipen manufacturer.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

From John:  Aspirin costs a penny apiece.

From Dean:  Annual sales climbed to $1.1 billion in 2007, entering true blockbuster drug territory.

These two statements can be reconciled because people use about a trillion of them each year.  Law of supply and demand lowers price for each individual item.

Buzz,

Tell that to the epipen manufacturer.

If people used a trillion epipens a year, that price would be pretty low too (not to a penny each of course, that's below the cost of manufacture; but pretty low).  A secondary effect would be that we would have the largest population of adrenaline junkies in the history of the planet.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  TTGA   8 years ago

Regarding the epipen - The manufacturer is selling convenience via it's device the epipen injector.  People need to bypass this all together and just buy a supply of syringes and epinephrine.  A three-month supply of manual syringes and the drug costs about $20

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  TTGA   8 years ago

This whole thing about the Epipen is total BS. I have the original form of the pen (which I still have) worked fine. The changes they made to the pen were minimal. As for getting an epipen, you must have a sever allergy to get it. The pen has saved my life twice from insect stings. As for giving it to yourself with a traditional needle, is madness. I have barely enough time to get my pen and inject it into my thigh before I can't breath. Try filling up a syringe with epinephrine when you can't breath.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Dean Moriarty   8 years ago

You can make your own out of willow bark.  winking   Of course, you will have no idea of the dosage...  And willow bark tea tastes like an aspirin crushed in water...  as in EW!  But you can.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Why would you make your own out of willow bark when you can buy 100 of them (generic) in a dollar store , or Walgreens or CVS, for a dollar?

Maybe making them from willow bark would be a fun hobby though. Who can say? 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

I wouldn't...  But someone might need to do so, some day...  Say, if they're marooned on an island with willow trees and have a headache, or something.  It's one of the few homegrown things I know about...  That, and sassafras tea, and foxglove...

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    8 years ago

Buzz takes an aspirin a day – who gives a shit?

I think you should "Spread the Aspirin" so that everyone gets their fair snort....um I mean share.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sixpick   8 years ago

I don't have a razor blade. I use a Phillips.

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon    8 years ago

I care Buzz!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  deepwaterdon   8 years ago

Thanks DD. The aspirin is not to alleviate pain, it's used as a blood thinner. At my age I need to be careful about preventing a stroke.

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

I know the drill. Feeling every day of my nearly 69 years, every once in awhile, myself. No meds or prescriptions yet, so far. 

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Lots of us care about having you around Buzz.  Take good care of your health.  As far as the aspirin goes, be sure that it is buffered, or else use baby aspirin.  Unbuffered aspirin, if taken regularly and often, will eventually cause a bleeding ulcer, with extremely serious consequences.  Happened to my mother in law and was the primary reason for her moving from her home to assisted living (the other reason being that she was 92 and living alone).

There's also an interesting psychological/sociological lesson to be learned from aspirin Buzz.  That is that pragmatism always triumphs over any political doctrine.  It is widely forgotten or ignored that Bayer was the company that also made Zyklon B.  Considering the length of peoples' memories about certain events, more should have been made of that than was made.  The general usefulness of aspirin had a great deal to do with that forgetfulness. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  TTGA   8 years ago

The blood thinning properties of aspirin has made my chest pains go away many times!!!  YAY!!!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

Buzz,

I have to ask, and please don't take this the wrong way... maybe I am missing the point... but what is the point of this article? I am a bit confused. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

There's no real point to it, Perrie. I just got sick and tired of the Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton Trump Clinton crap and the bullshit one about cocaine and sniffing really took the cake so I parodied that with aspirin. It really did get a lot of people going though, didn't it?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

Concur - beats the shit outta the trash being pushed on the FP where our noses are being rubbed in it constantly.

Good thread Buzz.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

You are a riot 1st. When the "trash" is something you agree with you are right in there pitching. When you don't agree with it , it is "garbage". lol

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Sorry it went over your head John.