╌>

If Trump wins, what will you do?

Category:  Scattershooting,Ramblings & Life

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  8 years ago  •  25 comments

It's not likely that the catastrophe of Trump becoming POTUS will happen, unless something really disastrous happens to Hillary. But think about it, it's not impossible, so if in fact Trump does win the election, what will YOU do?  Will you emigrate to another country? Buy a lot of guns and ammunition? Will you conspire to start a revolution? What will you do?

NOOOOOOOO! This CAN'T happen:

Trump wins 1.jpg

Think about it...

Trump wins 2.jpg

Do you want to live in an igloo? Sarah says you can see Russia from her front porc h.

Trump wins 3.jpg

Now THIS makes sense.

Trump wins 4.jpg

Cape Breton WANTS you to move there - even posted a welcome message.

Trump wins 5.jpg

It's got affordable housing and free health care.

Trump wins 6.png

Talking about housing, I couldn't resist going off topic to post this.

Trump wins 7.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

So what will you do?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

th.jpeg

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    8 years ago

Breathe a little sigh of relief that maybe the people have decided to not allow the large corporations and media to elect the President of the United States for us at least for now and get ready for the fallout.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    8 years ago

Not much will change. He's a liberal democrat who doesn't like open borders. Clinton is a liberal democrat who dreams of open borders. She'll try and extend NAFTA to all of South America. He won't. She's more of  interventionist than he is. 

In general, they'll both lie through their teeth and use the government to punish detractors. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Sean Treacy   8 years ago

I wish more liberal Democrats agreed with his tax plan. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    8 years ago

Well, let me think.  Nothing.  Yeah, that's it.  Though I contacted my friend in Ontario and asked him if his daughter was still away at University and he said yes, so I put in dibbs on her room.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

Sorry Spike, but Canada will be building a wall and making Trump pay for it...Your SOL and stuck with Trump.

4445842.jpg

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

I can sneak across before they get started on the wall......I'll wear a tocque, carry a Tim's cup, with some Poutine to go sitting on the dash.  Bunch of empty Coors Light cans on the floor (the smart illegal alien knows Canadians like drinking that swill for some reason), say eh a lot and talk about how the Leafs are doing (badly) and how I'm rooting for the Jays-and I'll be wearing one of those teams' shirts.  No one will know.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

Make sure you don't leave out the "U"s and say "zed", not "zee".

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

True enough.  and my little sportscar?  Have to say Meh-zda, mot Ma-zda.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

Dammit Spike, you'll be undocumented...If they ask for your papers don't show them a copy of the NYT..Laugh

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Spikegary   8 years ago

Though I contacted my friend in Ontario and asked him if his daughter was still away at University and he said yes, so I put in dibbs on her room.

Now if you were Trump...you'd put your dibbs on his daughter! :-(

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Krishna   8 years ago

I'd be more afraid of Old Grandpa Clinton....he has more of a record of womanizing (both voluntary and involuntarily).

ArkansasHermit
Freshman Silent
link   ArkansasHermit    8 years ago

Probably nothing.

Well, wait.  Maybe change my understanding of "The Metamorphosis" from a story meant to be a bit of "bizarre surrealism" to an "autobiography.

I have enough faith in the voting public to discount such a bizarre outcome to this years election.

Though, now that you've made me think about it Buzz, in the past I have watched in bemusement as Texas replaced a competent Governor like Ann Richards with the first timer Bush Jr..

Saw, how over time, Texans who once elected Senators like Lloyd Bentsen now go for something like Ted Cruz!!? 

Good folk who once voted to be represented by giants like Sam Rayburn or a Barbara Jordan, now give their precious votes to fools like Louie Gohmert!

Well, on second thought, perhaps your hypothetical does have a small chance of becoming a reality.

So, if Trump wins then this old hermit might start looking for some land in Motuo, China .

000d87ad3cdd0e9747bd2d.jpg

We set off from Pai Village, known as the springboard of the harsh trek to our destination: Motuo (Metok), the remotest county in southeast Tibet and currently the only county in China inaccessible by modern vehicles. Located on the southern slope of the Himalayas, Motuo is regarded as the "Lotus Holy Land" to the Tibetan Buddhists.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  ArkansasHermit   8 years ago

You need not go that far, AH. There are some pretty remote areas in Canada where at least you would get free health care and almost no traffic - lots of forests.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

Just kidding--  I'll form hordes of Amazonian women, spear carriers and the like, to rove the streets for a man, any man, who may think it worth his while to denigrate women.  I'll call on Lagertha of Vikings to come help out, and there will be hordes of screaming women, shouting, Castrate the Bastard...

In all honesty, I'll continue to live my life, and pray that someone in charge can minimize the damage...  

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

It would probably benefit me more financially if Donald Trump wins so I'll probably just keep on keeping on ........

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

It would probably benefit me more financially

How so?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Krishna   8 years ago

Estate tax ?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

I suspect most people would do better financially without Bill sending us back into another recession. He is one of the architects of the last one. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    8 years ago

I will move to Canada (like I always do when some politician I don't like wins!)