╌>

Man Saves Dog From Grisly Elevator Death at Last Second

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  community  •  8 years ago  •  5 comments

Man Saves Dog From Grisly Elevator Death at Last Second

(Newser) – A dog named Boo Boo owes its life to a quick-acting hotel manager in South Carolina, Today reports. Boo Boo was on a leash when its owner got onto an elevator at The Roadway Inn, but the elevator's doors closed with Boo Boo still in the hallway. With the elevator pulling on the leash, it looked like Boo Boo had a "gruesome fate in store." Then Ben Duke sprung into action.

Boo Boo was being pulled into the air as Duke struggled with the leash. He finally snapped it with his hands. "I guess adrenaline set in or something," he tells WYFF . Boo Boo's owner was grateful for Duke's actions, and accolades are pouring in after Duke put video of the incident online. “Everybody is calling me a hero, but I can’t imagine the other outcome,” Duke says. “I just did what you are supposed to do in this situation.” (A maintenance worker at a Missouri apartment building saved a dog that found itself in the same dangerous predicament .)

http://www.newser.com/story/232531/man-saves-dog-from-grisly-elevator-death-at-last-second.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=earthlink&utm_campaign=rss_topnews

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    8 years ago

Go to the link to see the video! It really was a last second save and he really is a hero!

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    8 years ago

Oh my God!  Best save ever.  I had to watch it a couple of times to see that the leash was caught in the elevator doors.  That little pup would not have had a chance.

Nice contribution, Randy.  Thank you.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   8 years ago

Thanks. I love dogs and especially little dogs, but you have to keep an eye on them. This could have been a terrible tragedy, except for the quick thinking and a sudden rush of adrenaline to tear the leash. He deserves some sort of an award!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     8 years ago

Really quick thinking on his part...Cheers.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

How dumb or careless do you have to be to close the doors before the dog got on?