╌>

Out of here until the election is over

Category:  Scattershooting,Ramblings & Life

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  8 years ago  •  23 comments

There is no purpose in posting anything on the Home Page until then.

enough is enough.jpg

I really don’t give a damn which of the candidates win because in each case there is a good reason for me to be unhappy about it.   A victory for Trump would affect me negatively financially due to his intention to scrap NAFTA, and a victory for Hillary would put my son and his family, who live in the USA in danger due to her wish to increase the refugee migrants by 550% which is bound due to America’s sloppy vetting to import a lot of Jihadis to America.

I will probably until then just frequent the groups, although unfortunately there is limited interest in those as well.

I’m sure some of you will say good riddance, but, as Rhett Butler said, “Frankly, I don’t give a damn.”

I’ll be back next week, because for a while I would just like to be happy.

Audry.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago
When your rooster crows at the break of dawn
Look out your window and I'll be gone
You're the reason I'm trav'lin' on
Don't think twice, it's all right

Don't think twice, It's all right - Bob Dylan

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

I think you're right to take a break, and I hope you come back!

Big hugs

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

Hillay also now claims to be against NAFTA but I think it's just another one of her lies. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    8 years ago

I know how you feel, Buzz.  There's nothing good about this election.  I hate the fact that people think they are doing a good thing by picking what they consider to be 'the lesser of two evils'.   This is truly a scary time here in the U.S.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    8 years ago

Don't blame anyone to take a vacation for the next week.  It's not enough to say this is a very unusual election or the worst one any of us can ever remember.  This is the event that will determine the future of this country as well as the future of the world.  We have arrived at the end of the tracks.  We have two choices, either go over the cliff or jump off.  Neither choice is a good one, but they are the only two choices we are aware of at this time.

With the FBI seemingly working on a coup of the leadership of the FBI, we can only hope it is successful.  It doesn't make any sense to those who are unable to see what has been going on in this country, but it really matters.  It is claimed political from some in respect that it is helping one candidate and hurting another one, but it is far more than that.  It is the future of this country, are we willing to allow our liberties and justice to fade into the past or is it time to expose to the masses the corruption in this administration from the top down that speaks of one thing, but has an entirely different future planned for this country.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

With the FBI seemingly working on a coup of the leadership of the FBI, we can only hope it is successful.  

Yikes. Sixpick is pulling for a bunch of right wing Breitbart type fanatics to take over the FBI. A current FBI agent described the FBI as "Trumpland" in a comment to a news reporter yesterday. 

As for the premise of the seed, the country is faced with the WORST and MOST UNQUALIFIED presidential candidate in the HISTORY of the United States. Of course it is the biggest story and even the only story right now. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Absolutely correct - Billary/Killary is, by far, the most unqualified and worst candidate EVER for POTUS.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

A victory for Trump would affect me negatively financially 

Nice to know your interest in the future of the United States is confined to your personal financial interest. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

Guess if you had any finances John, you'd be worried too, eh?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

You are fast becoming one of the cranks on this site. I really didn't see it coming. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates

John - if you could talk/post without snark, more people might read your "stuff".

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

HilBag.jpg

ArkansasHermit
Freshman Silent
link   ArkansasHermit    8 years ago

Ever since Mr Trump first rode down the escalator and announced he was running for President, I haven't been able to get the image of Plimpton's, " Paper Lion ", out of my head.

As Plimpton played out every child's fantasy for his stories, the process he went through proved time and time again that anyone who tries to do any of the top jobs without the requisite mental and physical tools or the proper experience can never be more than a "Paper Lion" .

Plimpton did his thing so he could write about the experience but I've always gotten the impression that Mr. Trump was first drawn in by the bright lights and the chance to make a buck but has now become addicted to, and addled by, the applause and adoration from what I hope to be a minority of the voters.

Watching someone being totally incompetent on the playing filed for a story is on thing but being that incompetent as the leader of the Free World!?  

Holy Macaroni, how nuts would we have to be!!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  ArkansasHermit   8 years ago

There are a lot of nuts out there. What really is to blame is the convergence of right wing media/conspiracy theories with the speed and breadth at which fanciful information can be passed along the internet. It has made a faction of Americans no longer able to tell facts from gossip and truth from lies. To say this is tremendously dangerous for the future of the country would be an understatement. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Says the guy that used to claim the Clinton email scandal was just a right wing conspiracy theory. You're not fooling anyone around here. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

Question:  who gives a flying fuck what a Canadian living in China thinks about our election?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

Hal - that is totally pathetic.

thumbs down

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

Blow me.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

Question:  who gives a flying fuck what a Canadian living in China thinks about our election?

Who in the rest of the world gives a fuck what we think about them yet we offer our opinions anyway.