╌>

The Most Embarrassing Day In The History Of Our Country.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  midnight-in-america  •  8 years ago  •  59 comments

The Most Embarrassing Day In The History Of Our Country.

by John Russell

Donald Trump was easily the most unqualified candidate for president of all time. Now he will be the most unqualified president. 

He is an habitual, pathological liar. He lies like other people breathe. No leader of another nation will be able to take him at his word. No American citizen will be able to take him at his word. HUNDREDS of small businessmen and vendors and contractors took him at his word as a businessman and honorable person and for that they were stiffed for payment by Donald Trump. Many of them were people exactly like the average American. Even the banks couldn't take him at his word. He ran games on the bankers and left them with billions of dollars of losses. 

Trump lied to the customers of Trump University, promising to them in a video advertisement that the "school" would be staffed by "professors" hand picked by him, when in reality he had no intention of hand picking anyone and did not even know any of the salesmen hired to "teach" at the "university". Trump told the suckers, er, students that they would be taught his "personal secrets" of real estate, when in fact they were being taught from plagiarized pamphlets found on the internet. 

Donald Trump was in his mid 60's in 2011, and his window for running for president was beginning to close. He had long daydreamed about the excitement of a presidential campaign, but he didn't have a hook to move him up the charts as a viable candidate. He did a little research and learned that there was still a lot of enthusiasm for birtherism among a faction of republicans and conservatives , and frankly, nutcases. Trump took a flyer that if he stepped out in front as the new birther leader, maybe he could get some traction as a right wing "leader". That effort eventually lost steam when President Obama produced a valid long form birth certificate and made trump look foolish. Trump had to step back a bit and forego a presidential race in 2012. 

But he knew he was on to something, and in 2016 set out to appeal to the segment of America that was seething with racial and ethnic resentment, and the comically overblown resistance to "political correctness". There were tens of millions of people with irrational hostility toward blacks and Muslims and gays and feminists and  "the federal government" who were waiting for someone to speak for them. The people who wanted to "take their country back". 

Leaving aside completely the validity or lack of validity to the concept of "taking our country back" , the chosen vessel is phenomenally lacking in qualities to wear that mantle. He has a history of being openly misogynistic. He bragged about being sexually aggressive toward women he didnt even know. He ran a property management company that refused to rent to blacks , in violation of civil rights laws. He is an off the charts narcissist who has bragged about taking revenge on people who upset or anger him. He was forced in a sworn court deposition to admit that he had lied over 30 times about his various business dealings. He routinely lies about the worth of various properties in order to achieve lower property tax bills. 

There has never been a candidate like this, so immoral , such a prolific liar ( a fact checker on the campaign trail found him to lie on an average of every five minutes , and the only time he wasnt lying was when he was talking about his family).  Trump is completely ignorant of world and domestic issues. He knows next to nothing about dozens of important issues. He has never in his life had to answer detailed questions about policy and he is lucky because he cannot answer those questions. Donald Trump does not read. When asked his favorite books the only one he could remember was a book he had read in high school, 55 years earlier. 

So the question is begged , how did this happen?  What is wrong with people that would vote this incompetent to be president?  

I saw a young Trump supporter being interviewed on television last night , and she was asked why she was supporting Trump. 

"Because he will bring integrity back to America" she replied in all her pitifully uninformed ignorance.  

The interviewer remained silent. 

This is an incredibly sad day for America. We have shown ourselves to be a shallow, bigoted people, in thrall to a reality tv blowhard.

God help us. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

Normally I just copy and paste, they say. Yup. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

Hillary Clinton won among voters who make 50,000 a year and less. Kind of goes against the grain of what we are led to believe , doesn't it? 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Sure does the liberal media has been lying about Trump supporters from the get go.

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce    8 years ago

I disagree John.  The most embarrassing day in America was in July 5th, 2016, when FBI Director Comey admitted that Hillary broke the law, but would not be prosecuted.  That's the date of death of America.  That's the day that our government admitted that there was a separate standard for the elites in America.

Last night on the other hand was an attempt to resurrect our country. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Uncle Bruce   8 years ago

Donald Trump is far more corrupt than Hillary Clinton. They are not even in the same area code. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Lol. It's that blindness that helped elect Trump. Thanks!

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Uncle Bruce   8 years ago

Last night on the other hand was an attempt to resurrect our country. 

Right Bruce, electing a pathological lying business cheat, who has no respect for woman or minorities, to represent the USA in this world, is going to 'resurrect' a country that does not need to be resurrected from anything but the shallow view people like you hold about your own country.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

"...the shallow view people like you hold..."

Did Bruce take a personal shot at you, Jerry?:

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Did Bruce take a personal shot at you, Jerry?:

He didn't have to. It's an open forum and Bruce has displayed that he thinks the country is in a state that requires resurrection and I commented on my feelings about his opinion. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   8 years ago

"...electing a pathological lying..."

Hillary lost...

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

"...electing a pathological lying..."

Hillary lost...

She lost because gullible right wing voters believed those pathological lies.

Trump lied his way into the White House.

I give him less that two years before he is impeached because his pathological lying will get him caught in an impeachable offence, or he will realize the job is too much for him and he will resign turning the oval office over to Pence.

IMO, Pence is ideologically insane, but he is less of an embarrassment than Trump    

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

Instead of getting to watch rednecks swiftly tear the country apart in a revolt because Hillary won, we get to be tortured by a slow motion tearing apart of the country, by an uninformed individual who embodies nearly every negative adjective in the dictionary.  It will be interesting to watch him flail.

On the plus side, recreational pot is legal in California.  Maher is sure to open with that line next show.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

Pretty hypocritical since liberals are violently rioting around the country...

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Cerenkov   8 years ago

What percentage of the protestors are "rioters"?  0.01%?  Less?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

More. .01% of 5,000 would be 0.5 people.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

The non-rioters are enabling the rioters. See how that works?

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

It will be interesting to watch him flail.

Yes, and it will be interesting to see the way he does it.

It is the only way America will be able to convince the world we have not gone entirely insane. 

On the plus side, recreational pot is legal in California.  Maher is sure to open with that line next show.

Bill Maher, President 2020!

If were going to go insane we might as well do it the right way.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    8 years ago

John, you ands those of your ilk should listen and take to heart your candidates words:

"I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans," she said of Trump. "We must accept this result and look to the future. We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead."

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    8 years ago

He has a history of being openly misogynistic. He bragged about being sexually aggressive toward women he didnt even know.

Some women like that ... apparently enough of them to vote him into office !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

Would you be offended if I referred to you as an oddball?  I really mean no offense. 

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Would you be offended if I referred to you as an oddball?  I really mean no offense. 

He's used to it. We've been referring to him as being a little odd for a long time now.

He gets confused when he has to write a comment that makes any sense. Leave him alone, we're used to him just the way he is.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Would you be offended if I referred to you as a fool ?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

I wouldn't be offended if you call him a fool. I'm tolerant of many views.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

I'm tolerant of many views.

Really?!

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

Yes. I'm an atheist who defends religion. I'm a Republican who supports gay rights. Your sarcasm aside, I am relatively moderate on most, but not all, issues.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

I am relatively moderate on most, but not all, issues.

I don't think I've come across any of your 'moderate'.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    8 years ago

As usual, another bullshit thread to take up space. Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

It has been suggested to me that I report you for harassment. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Was it one of the voices in your head?

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   Jerry Verlinger  replied to  1stwarrior   8 years ago

As usual, another bullshit thread to take up space.  Trying to fill the space between your ears John?  It'll never happen 'cause, first, you have to have some there.

Give us a break 1st. If you don't like his articles, write a comment telling us why, or just pass without comment.

If you think John posts bullshit articles, don't add to it by adding your own bullshit on top of it.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

He's free to comment on the excessive whining consuming the FP...

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

He's free to comment on the excessive whining consuming the FP.

Comment yes, but his 'comments' are nothing but insults and wisecracks. 

Similar to yours, but he usually uses more than one sentence. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

Have you looked in a mirror lately? It seems unlikely, but enjoy your hypocrisy. It's all you have now.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent

Have you looked in a mirror lately? It seems unlikely, but enjoy your hypocrisy. It's all you have now.

Three sentences! Wow! Your must have worked hard on that one.

There is no irreverence in my hypocrisy, I only try to get closer to the truth.