╌>

Doctor Who Called Michelle Obama "Monkey face" On Facebook Says She Was Surprised To Be Told Her Words Were Racist

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  8 years ago  •  12 comments

Doctor Who Called Michelle Obama "Monkey face" On Facebook Says She Was Surprised To Be Told Her Words Were Racist

" I Was Just Calling It Like It Is"  Lady doctor wrote on Facebook

A Colorado doctor has been fired from her teaching job and ordered not to see patients after she called  Michelle Obama  a “monkey face” in a Facebook post.

Dr.  Michelle Herren , a pediatric anesthesiologist who is white, made the comment in response to another Facebook user who called Obama “eloquent,” according to  The Denver Post.

“Doesn’t seem to be speaking too eloquently here, thank god we can’t hear her!” Herren wrote while sharing an unflattering picture of the First Lady. “Monkey face and poor ebonic English!!! There! I feel better and am still not racist!!! Just calling it like it is!”

“Harvard??? That’s a place for ‘entitled’ folks said all the liberals!” she added, slamming Obama’s ivy league education.

JoAnn Nietto  was the one who came across Herren’s comments on a friend’s Facebook page and brought the post’s attention to the University of Colorado medical board.

“It really outraged me to see that she works at Denver Health, which serves a huge minority population,” Nietto told the Post.

Herren, who had since taken down her Facebook page, said her comments were taken “out of context” and says she didn’t mean the term “monkey face” to be racist. She complained to  ABC-7   that there’s a double standard when it come to insulting future first lady Melania Trump  versus Obama.

Denver Health released a  statement  this Wednesday saying that Herren “will not be seeing patients or providing anesthesia services” at the hospital until further notice.

“Denver Health is deeply disappointed by the remarks posted on social media by Dr. Michelle Herren against the First Lady of the United States,” a subsequent statement  read . “We are offended by the comments made by this individual, who was acting independently in her private capacity.”

http://deadstate.org/dont-worry-that-doctor-who-called-michelle-obama-a-monkey-face-says-she-isnt-racist/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

What else is new? 

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    8 years ago

She's a doctor but didn't realize saying a black person looks like a monkey is racially derogatory? She's either a liar or an idiot,,,neither of which  make for a good doctor.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Larry Hampton   8 years ago

Just as bad is posting such comments on Facebook. Whatever happened to just keeping your mouth shut? 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    8 years ago

I never thought it was racist to say someone looks like a monkey when they look like a monkey. It can't be seen as racist if one believes we evolved from apes. We came from apes it's only natural some of us would look like apes.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

Ignorance knows no boundaries...  Even if she didn't know it was a racist thing to say, I would think that she would have known it was rude.  Note:  If you can't say something nice, keep your mouth shut!  winking