╌>

11 Surprising Predictions for 2017 From Some of The Biggest Names In Science

Category:  Health, Science & Technology

Via:  spikegary  •  8 years ago  •  5 comments

11 Surprising Predictions for 2017 From Some of The Biggest Names In Science

Source

What scientific discoveries will 2017 bring? What technological innovations? Probably not time travel — or time-shares on Mars. But no one really knows for sure, and when we asked some of the biggest names in in science and technology to share their predictions for the coming year, there was a bit of pushback.

"I normally don't make predictions for anything less than two trillion years in the future," Arizona State University cosmologist Lawrence Krauss told NBC MACH. It's easier to make predictions that far out, he added jokingly, when "no one will be around to check them."

Ultimately, Krauss came through with some fascinating forecasts. Read on to see them, along with predictions from legendary astronaut Buzz Aldrin and nine more thought leaders in science and tech (the submissions have been lightly edited).

See the sourced article for all 11.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary    8 years ago
So the scientific community sees a lot of advances coming next year. Should be fun. A total eclipse in August? Cool. Have a Happy and Safe New Year, Everyone!

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Dear Friends Spikegary and Bob Nelson: Interesting indeed. 

One hope I have is that there science will give us more high paying jobs created by high technology in areas like sustainable energy, pure foods, health care that cures rather than treats diseases, unpollutes, and reverses previous technological environmental adverse affects. 

We need the jobs.

We need the middle class restored.

We need toi be better stewards of the planet.

Will 2017 be the year in which technology created rather than eliminates American jobs for us here in the USA?

One can only hope.

Great article.

We need more like this one.

We need more reading and commenting on it.

Happy healthy New Year to you and yours both.

Enoch.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    8 years ago

Interesting seed. Thanks.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Good seed.

Thanks Spike.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

Great seed Gary.  I hope they get that aging one down soon.  I would like to stop aging at least while I'm young enough to enjoy it.