╌>

Hamas Holds Rally in Gaza to Celebrate Terrorist Ramming that Killed 4 Israelis

Category:  World News

Via:  jonathan-p  •  7 years ago  •  30 comments

Hamas Holds Rally in Gaza to Celebrate Terrorist Ramming that Killed 4 Israelis

Thousands of Hamas activists and supporters took to the streets of Jabalya refugee camp in Gaza on Sunday night to rally against Israel and praise the terrorist ramming attack in Jerusalem which killed four Israelis.

Earlier on Sunday, a Palestinian rammed his truck into a group of Israeli soldiers on a popular promenade in Jerusalem, killing four of them in an attack which Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said had likely been inspired by Islamic State .

Chanting anti-Israeli slogans the protesters marched to the rally where sweets were handed out in celebration.

"The message of our Islamic party Hamas is a message of encouragement and support for every jihadi who carries out an attack that puts an end to the acts of the Zionist enemy," Hamas leader Fathi Hamad, who led the rally, told Reuters.

The Palestinian Islamist group routinely praises those who carry out street attacks against Israelis.

The Palestinian attack in Jerusalem was the deadliest in months and targeted officer cadets as they disembarked from a bus that brought them to the Armon Hanatziv promenade which has a panoramic view of the walled Old City.

The military said an officer and three officer cadets were killed and that 17 others were injured.

Police identified the truck driver as a Palestinian from east Jerusalem and said he was shot dead. His uncle, Abu Ali, named him as Fadi Ahmad Hamdan Qunbor , 28, a father of four from the Jabel Mukabar neighborhood.

Following the attack, Netanyahu said that access limitations were imposed in and around the east Jerusalem neighborhood and that further actions will be taken by Israel.

Late on Sunday, police were seen patrolling the area and stopping vehicles for checks. Palestinians threw fireworks at the forces, but no casualties were reported.

Actions inspired by Islamic State in Israel, the West Bank and Jerusalem have been rare and only a few dozen Arab Israelis and Palestinians are known to have declared their sympathy with the group.

A wave of Palestinian street attacks, including vehicle rammings, has largely slowed but not stopped completely since it began in October 2015 and 37 Israelis and two visiting Americans have been killed in these assaults.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Hamas-holds-rally-in-Gaza-to-celebrate-terrorist-ramming-that-killed-four-Israelis-477860

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P    7 years ago

"The message of our Islamic party Hamas is a message of encouragement and support for every jihadi who carries out an attack that puts an end to the acts of the Zionist enemy," Hamas leader Fathi Hamad, who led the rally, told Reuters.

The Palestinians wish to set the tone for the relationship between themselves and Israel.

No peace, no land, no country. It's a war.

Pray for the children.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

You gotta love this headline:

Sister of Israel truck terrorist who killed four people ‘thank Allah for his saintly death’ as his victims are laid to rest

The sister of the Israel truck terrorist who killed four soldiers have thanked Allah for his 'saintly death' as the victims are laid to rest. Fadi al-Qanbar, 28, drove a truck into a crowd of troops in Jerusalem, killing IDF Lieutenant Yael Yekutiel, 20, of Givatayim, Cadet Shir Hajaj, 22, of Maaleh Adumim, Cadet Shira Tzur, 20, from Haifa, and Cadet Erez Orbach, 20, from Alon Shvut. The terrorist's sister, who said he acted as a lone wolf, seemingly supported her brother by thanking God for choosing him to become a martyr. 

Shadia, 28, told Ynet: Praise be to Allah that he became a martyr.  'It is the most beautiful kind of saintly death. 'Allah chose him for this martyrdom. Thank God.  'We are patient and we thank Allah for this.'

The father-of-four was shot dead inside the cabin and his victims' families have been mourning the deaths of their loved ones at funerals today.

A video has emerged which is said to show al-Qanbar's family watching a news report of the terrorist carrying out the attack.  The people in the video appear unresponsive in the short clip. 

The attack came after months of relative calm which prompted Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to spark debate by suggesting it was inspired by Islamic State.

Here are the pictures of the young lives cut short:

Lieutenant Yael Yekutiel, 20, was one of four soldiers killed in the truck terror attack in Israel

Lieutenant Yael Yekutiel, 20, was one of four soldiers killed in the truck terror attack in Israel

Cadet Shir Hajaj (left) and Cadet Erez Orbach (right) were killed by the suspected terrorist

Cadet Shira Tzur was buried today, a day after the truck attack in Jerusalem, Israel

Cadet Shira Tzur was buried today, a day after the truck attack in Jerusalem, Israel

Read more:   

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

This is Islamic terrorism, and no different from what the rest of the world is experiencing. It's disgusting how this gets completely whitewashed by the media.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

How sad is this...

Obama said nothing. Putin does. 

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday expressed his condolences to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the deadly truck-ramming attack in Jerusalem, Kremlin’s press service said.

Earlier in the day, a truck, coming reportedly from an Arab neighborhood, rammed into a group of soldiers getting off a bus in Jerusalem. As a result of the ramming attack, at least four soldiers were killed and 13 others injured. The truck driver was shot dead. The police classified the incident as a terror attack. “President Putin conveyed his condolences to the families and friends of the victims of the terror attack and wished a speedy recovery to all injured,” the press service said. Following the attack, Netanyahu said that all signs indicate that the driver was a supporter of Daesh terrorist group.

Read more: 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

The White House on Sunday condemned "in the strongest terms"  the truck attack  in Jerusalem’s Armon Hanatziv neighborhood in which four Israeli soldiers were murdered.

"Such cowardly acts can never be justified, and we call on all to send a clear and unequivocal message that terrorism must never be tolerated," said National Security Council spokesman Ned Price in a statement quoted by  AFP .

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms today's horrific terrorist attack in Jerusalem," the White House statement read.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, meanwhile, took to Twitter to denounce the incident.

"I strongly condemn today's cowardly terrorist attack in Jerusalem and pray for the victims, the wounded, and their families," Biden wrote.

Canada’s Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, condemned the attack as well, writing on Twitter, “Canada stands firmly with Israel in condemning today's horrific terrorist attack. Our thoughts are with the victims' families & the injured.”

The condemnations follow  earlier condemnations  of the attack from the leaders of several countries, including the State Department in Washington, which said, "We condemn in the strongest possible terms today's horrific vehicular attack by a terrorist in Jerusalem.‎ There is absolutely no justification for these brutal and senseless attacks. We‎ condemn the glorification of terrorism now or at any time and call on all to send a clear message that terrorism must never be tolerated."

The foreign ministries of several European nations also condemned the attack.

By the way, Fuck Putin. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

BTW, John.

Can you explain or quantify "the strongest possible terms" for me?

Is that anything like a UNSC resolution?

Is it "stronger" or "weaker"?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

You figure all that out.

Perrie said Obama made no comment.  The web page containing the expression of US outrage over the attack on the Israeli soldiers has Barack Obama's name at the top it. 

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

So, what's it worth?

Quantify it for me. 

Is it worth more or less than a UNSC Resolution?

Is it worth an admission that this is an obstacle to peace, instead perhaps, of some concrete and steel? 

What's it worth, John?

WTF is it worth?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

You can say "Fuck Putin"... yet the leader of Russia says something. Where is Obama?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Perrie the White House made a statement condemning the attack. The White House is the president. That would be Obama for another 10 days. You were wrong. 

You also said no other nations condemned the attack. It appears you are wrong about that too. 

Is Putin your hero now? 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

The White House isn't Obama. 

Obama made statements in all the other attacks... Germany most recently. 

President Obama has offered America’s condolences to German Chancellor Angela Merkel for the truck attack at a Christmas market in Berlin that killed at least 12 people.

Mr. Obama spoke by phone with Mrs. Merkel Monday night, expressing condolences for ‘the horrific apparent terrorist attack,” the White House said.

Not quite the same thing as what just happened in Israel. 

No I am not a fan of Putin, which is what pisses me off more about Obama. He can't even bring himself to make a call. That speaks volumes 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

You are biased as hell about Obama (against) and have been since I have known you. 

The White House statements are from the president. 

This is what is at the top of the page containing the statement.

the WHITE HOUSEPRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

You are biased as hell about Obama (against) and have been since I have known you.

The least I can do for this is call out the lie.

I personally was involved in a discussion with the accused over Obamacare, she defending many of it's precepts and me arguing why is was a bad deal. And it got strong enough to break off the conversation before it got really bad.

How in the hell could the accused be biased about a person when in the past she has supported some of what that person did?

I propose that it is your biased perspective John, and the proof that anyone who disagrees with you about Obama is automatically biased in your opinion.

It is you with the problem with objectivity and truth John..

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

NM, I stand by what I said. Perrie has not spoke favorably of Obama within my earshot. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Your not the only one that has noticed sweets......

And I suppose if our president elect did such, shows any compassion, he would be called a bigoted traitor also. (like the rest of us)

OH, I see John is already there......

Sometimes I hate it when I'm right.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

NM, leave my name out of your pathetic comments. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

John...

It is not a personal phone call to Netanyahu so it is NOT the same. And in recent weeks he has shown his true colors about how he feels about Israel. He can't even make a god damn phone call to make his condolences. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Like I said Perrie, the next good thing I see you say about Obama will be the first. He's leaving in 10 days so you are rapidly running out of time. 

He made a statement through the White House. Maybe he made a private message too that we havent heard about. 

Either way he expressed condolences on behalf of the United States. You are picking a fight over nothing. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

The American abstention of the UNSC resolution damning Israel indicates the true feelings of the present government, as it has endangered Israel and made more palatable to the rest of the world the terrorism carried out against Israel, and all the White House teary-eyed false condolences are just bullshit.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

And they wonder why there is no peace. It's more than time for the world to recognize that these people are not ''freedom fighters'' but terrorists.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

This is not a message brought by people who want to live side by side in peace with Israel. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Where is the worlds outpouring of grief. Oh yeah... that old double standard again. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

The White House  on Sunday condemned "in the strongest terms"  the truck attack  in Jerusalem’s Armon Hanatziv neighborhood in which four Israeli soldiers were murdered.

"Such cowardly acts can never be justified, and we call on all to send a clear and unequivocal message that terrorism must never be tolerated," said National Security Council spokesman Ned Price in a statement quoted by  AFP .

"The United States condemns in the strongest terms today's horrific terrorist attack in Jerusalem," the White House statement read.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, meanwhile, took to Twitter to denounce the incident.

"I strongly condemn today's cowardly terrorist attack in Jerusalem and pray for the victims, the wounded, and their families," Biden wrote.

Canada’s Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, condemned the attack as well, writing on Twitter, “Canada stands firmly with Israel in condemning today's horrific terrorist attack. Our thoughts are with the victims' families & the injured.”

The condemnations follow  earlier condemnations  of the attack from the leaders of several countries, including the State Department in Washington, which said, "We condemn in the strongest possible terms today's horrific vehicular attack by a terrorist in Jerusalem.‎ There is absolutely no justification for these brutal and senseless attacks. We‎ condemn the glorification of terrorism now or at any time and call on all to send a clear message that terrorism must never be tolerated."

The foreign ministries of several European nations also condemned the attack.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

But building houses in disputed territory is what blocks peace... This is who Obama aligned us with with his recent UN action.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

This was a horrible act.  I feel so terrible for those young men.  This should never happen.  :0(

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   seeder  Jonathan P  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

One man.

Three women.

Pictures posted above.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Jonathan P   7 years ago

I feel terrible for these young people, for their families loss and for their country's loss.   There is nothing that can justify these acts and it sickens me.