About the Trump Twitter Feed

community
By:  @community, 2 months ago
Comments: 37 ..

Tags

I posted the the Trump feed because I felt is was relevant news. This is the first president to be, that has decided to communicate with the citizens of this country through twitter. I know that this is not the traditional way to communicate, but it is the modern way. He is obviously doing two things; by passing the media and reaching out to a younger demographics. 

But since I have posted it, I have had some objections. 

I am not going to put words into anyone's mouth, but I would like some feedback on this. 

Please note, any nasty or off topic comments will be removed immediately. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 01:44:47PM @perrie-halpern:

What? Now no one has an opinion?

Cerenkov
link 01/13/17 02:18:32PM @cerenkov:

I like it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 03:33:34PM @perrie-halpern:

OK!

Randy
link 01/27/17 05:23:55PM @randy:

I like it too. Makes it easier to keep up with the rambling stupidities that flow out of his mind like so much bullshit.

Dowser
link 01/13/17 01:56:30PM @dowser:

I'm not fond of Trump, more resigned to him than anything else.  That being said, you made a good point that this is how he is going to communicate with us, so we had better have a news feed that tells us what he is saying.  I mean, at the worst, we'll likely see some cringe-worthy moments, at the best, we can have a good laugh-- or go into complete panic mode.  Most of the time, i read his twitter feed and think, "You really don't mean that, do you?"  But, of course, he does.  I think his own mouth is going to get him in a lot of trouble.

I don't look at it that much.  So, it doesn't really bother me all that much, either.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 03:34:16PM @perrie-halpern:

Dowser,

A moderate and balanced response. Thanks!

Gunny
link 01/13/17 01:56:57PM @gunny:

I don't like it, nor should anyone's twitter be up there. the space could be used for on line news referencing all sources.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 03:35:53PM @perrie-halpern:

That is not a bad idea, Gene. I would have to subscribe to such a service though, and it might slow down loading time. I would have to investigate.

JohnRussell
link 01/13/17 01:59:14PM @johnrussell:

My opinion is that Donald Trump should stop using twitter because he is embarrassing this country every time he opens his mouth or types something. 

As for NT, the area used for the Trump feed on the front page is almost the size of the area used to promote original articles. Make of it what you will. 

I have Trump twitter as a browser bookmark, so this doesnt bother me one way or the other. 

Goodbye. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 02:31:33PM @perrie-halpern:

It is the same size as the AP feed that no one paid attention to and in the same place. 

JohnRussell
link 01/13/17 02:45:12PM @johnrussell:

Do we mean we traded the most accurate and respected news outlet on the planet for the biggest liar and blowhard in America?  Sounds like we got gypped. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 03:38:58PM @perrie-halpern:

Do we mean we traded the most accurate and respected news outlet on the planet for the biggest liar and blowhard in America?  Sounds like we got gypped. 

No one ever used it, including you. I was hoping that this would at least stir discussion either pro or con. 

JohnRussell
link 01/13/17 03:48:09PM @johnrussell:

My vote about trumps twitter feed is that it is your decision.

I have no personal opinion about it. 

Dean Moriarty
link 01/13/17 01:59:53PM @dean-moriarty:

I don't have a problem with it but think the space would be better served expanding the small box in the middle of the page with general forums where all the activity is.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 02:29:22PM @perrie-halpern:

Dean,

I don't understand what you mean in a small box. It would have to go under all of the forum stuff like the activity feed. And what would go in it's place? The AP feed again.?

Dean Moriarty
link 01/13/17 02:44:18PM @dean-moriarty:

It think this area of the front page should be larger.

Screen Shot 20170113 at 12.42.47 PM.png

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 03:17:18PM @perrie-halpern:

Larger in what way? Wider? How would that help? Or do you mean that the box should be longer so you could see more without scrolling so much?

Dean Moriarty
link 01/13/17 03:28:00PM @dean-moriarty:

Yes to display more of the current activity. Longer and wider. It's just my opinion and I think you do a great job. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 03:41:03PM @perrie-halpern:

Hi Dean,

I am unclear to the benefit of making it wider, but longer I can see. I will investigate. 

And thank you for your kind words! :)

Dowser
link 01/13/17 04:05:46PM @dowser:

You can see a lot of comments at once on the Newest Comment tab...  It sort of seems to me as if we already have this feature...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 04:14:25PM @perrie-halpern:

Maybe what I need to do is update the how to use videos for the members?

Dowser
link 01/13/17 04:15:17PM @dowser:

That may help, if people will watch them!  

Gunny
link 01/13/17 02:11:34PM @gunny:

I've just changed my mind.  I think it is great to let the people see the REAL president and how OPEN and TRANSPARENT his administration will be.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 03:41:31PM @perrie-halpern:

So, no on the news feed then?

Gunny
link 01/13/17 04:21:29PM @gunny:

It's your site, I would prefer the news sites all of them.  but if the majority still want the twitter site then so be it , but put up an entire twitter site. to include those that twitter back to Trump.  Just his twitters is kinda one sided, but to put up the twitter answers to his would balance out the program, don't ya think.  Might as well have the good and bad together.

PJ
link 01/13/17 03:10:02PM @pj:

In my opinion anything that promotes one party coupled with the majority of articles that are anti Barrack Obama and anti Democrat gives the forum an appearance of being a right wing community.  If that's the overall objective then I think it will most likely attract the intended audience.  

Another thing to consider is the timing.  There is still much angst here from members over President Elect Trump so it may not help heal some of the bad feelings that have surfaced.  What could offset what some may consider an unevenness of representation would be to add a prominent Democratic leader's twitter.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
link 01/13/17 03:15:54PM @perrie-halpern:

I can see your POV PJ. The site was meant as a non partisan site, representing the full spectrum of political views.

I agree about the timing, yet the reality of the situation is that Trump will be our President in less than 10 days. I like your idea of featuring another twitter feed to balance out Trumps. I am open to ideas as to who's that should be? The minority whip maybe? 

Dowser
link 01/13/17 04:03:53PM @dowser:

That would be great, if he tweets!

Captain Cankleroo
link 01/13/17 07:16:22PM @captain-cankleroo:

How about a badfish twitter feed with opposing views?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom1
link 01/13/17 04:06:17PM @sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom2:

I think the Trump Twitter feed is fabulous.  His own words show what a creep and a coward he is.  What better way to convince the masses of his long list of character flaws and short-comings. 

Gunny
link 01/13/17 04:24:22PM @gunny:

And the nasty twitter tweets back to him will show how what creeps and cowards are behind their tweets. It will show the flaws and shortcomings of his enemies.

The_Hottest
link 01/13/17 04:46:09PM @the-hottest:

I like the idea.  It's the only place I am likely to see his Twitter comments first hand.

Captain Cankleroo
link 01/13/17 04:49:17PM @captain-cankleroo:

The Trump Twitter Feed is a good way to figure out what the Trump is doing. 

If Obama communicated this way I would feel the same. It's a direct feed to the president and it's going to be news everyday for the next 4 years.

This is a news site and it's news.

deepwaterdon
link 01/16/17 10:19:07AM @deepwaterdon:

The less we see of Trump the better. That being said, I say keep the feed, to remind some of the more realistically challenged of those around here to see the trees, regardless how thick the forest may be made to seem, so to speak.

Randy
link 01/28/17 08:39:44PM @randy:

From the feed:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

...dwindling subscribers and readers.They got me wrong right from the beginning and still have not changed course, and never will. DISHONEST

Actually I think it's because more people are getting you right...

Dean Moriarty
link 01/28/17 08:52:34PM @dean-moriarty:

You forgot to post the first part of it. 

Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

Thr coverage about me in the @nytimes and the @washingtonpost gas been so false and angry that the times actually apologized to its.....

Randy
link 01/28/17 09:07:42PM @randy:

I stand (sit?) corrected. My apologies.

Share This