╌>

Why the left hates Trump so intensely

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  24 comments

Why the left hates Trump so intensely
The intensity of the hatred for a newly elected president faced by Donald Trump is equaled only by the reaction of the Confederacy to the election of Abraham Lincoln. That ended up in civil war, a precedent that one hopes will not be equaled. But there has been a remarkable fury at people who do not shun Trump: boycotts of a company whose shareholder contributed to a PAC supporting Trump, attempts to pressure the president of a historically black college to prevent its marching band from performing at the inaugural, and hateful rhetoric at Hollywood awards ceremonies. With much more to come.

A useful perspective is to regard this as a religious conflict. Cults behave exactly the way the left is behaving when a member leaves the fold. And remember that Donald Trump used to be a member in good standing of the Democrat cultural machine. He even had a show on NBC, a mainstay of the left, in addition to being a generous contributor to many Democrats.

An anonymous poster on Reddit offers an interesting take on the religious nature of the conflict (strong language warning). “NotJaffo” writes:

Why is Hollywood (in particular) freaking out so badly over Trump?

First, because he's a Republican who might actually do the things he said he wanted to do. But second, because this is the first cultural victory the right has scored since Reagan stumbled into one in the '80s.

The left is used to losing political battles. They scream and cry over these but they don't truly panic, because they know that as long as they maintain their hammerlock on the culture, Republicans can't really change anything.

Blue Team Progressivism is a church, offering you moral superiority and a path to spiritual enlightenment. As a church it's got a lot going for it. It runs religious programming on television, all day every day. Every modern primetime program is like a left-wing Andy Griffith show, reinforcing lessons of inclusion, tolerance, feminism, and anti-racism.

Watching a 90-pound Sci-Fi heroine beat up a room full of giant evil men is as satisfying to the left as John Wayne westerns were for the right.

The Blue Church controls the HR department, so even if you don't go to church, you have to act like a loyal churchgoer in every way that matters while you're on the clock. And off the clock, on any kind of public social media platform.

Jon Stewart and John Oliver are basically TV preachers. Watching them gives the same sense of quiet superiority your grandma gets from watching The 700 Club. The messages are constantly reinforced, providing that lovely dopamine hit, like an angel's voice whispering, "You're right, you're better, you're winning."

Hollywood award shows are like church talent shows - the skits and jokes aren't really funny, but it's fun to look at the pretty girls, and you're all on the same team.

The interesting point is that until now:

Red Conservativism is a business, selling a set of political products. They don't make you feel good, they don't appeal to your morality or your spiritual sense of self, but sometimes you really NEED one of their core products like security, jobs, or national defense. Their appeals to "freedom" and "family values" ring hollow these days, but when people are flying planes into buildings, you need a strong member of Conservatism, Inc. in the big chair.

And now this unequal match has changed:

For the first time in decades, voters explicitly rejected the Blue Church, defying hours of daily cultural programming, years of indoctrination from the schools, and dozens of explicit warnings from HR.

We've been trained since childhood to obey the pretty people on TV, but for the first time in decades, that didn't work.

Donald Trump won because flyover America wants their culture back, and Blue Team has not been rejected like that before.

The younger ones have grown up in an environment where Blue Faith assumptions cannot even be questioned, except anonymously by the bad kids on Twitter.

But now the bad kids are getting bolder, posting funny memes that make you laugh even though John Oliver would not approve, like passing crude dirty pictures under the table in Sunday School.

Meryl Streep is panicking because for the first time voters have rejected HER, and everything her faith has taught her to believe.

Donald Trump is not peddling a religion, but he is peddling a counterculture that challenges the “Blue Faith,” as NotJaffo aptly labels it. And that is the basis of panic.

And that's what Meryl Streep is really scared of. She's not truly aware of it, just like fluttering housewives couldn't really understand the counterculture threat in 1968. But they feel that something is changing in their safe little world, and they know they have to fight it, because this threat isn't just passing pointless budget resolutions and selling pointless platitudes about family values - these guys mean business, and they're fighting on her turf.

The global warming religion has already folded itself into the Trump hater cult. The question facing us now is how to deprogram cult members.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/why_the_left_hates_trump_so_intensely.html#ixzz4VmOBtWQi
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

"

For the first time in decades, voters explicitly rejected the Blue Church, defying hours of daily cultural programming, years of indoctrination from the schools, and dozens of explicit warnings from HR.

We've been trained since childhood to obey the pretty people on TV, but for the first time in decades, that didn't work.

Donald Trump won because flyover America wants their culture back, and Blue Team has not been rejected like that before.

The younger ones have grown up in an environment where Blue Faith assumptions cannot even be questioned, except anonymously by the bad kids on Twitter.

But now the bad kids are getting bolder, posting funny memes that make you laugh even though John Oliver would not approve, like passing crude dirty pictures under the table in Sunday School.

Meryl Streep is panicking because for the first time voters have rejected HER, and everything her faith has taught her to believe.

Donald Trump is not peddling a religion, but he is peddling a counterculture that challenges the “Blue Faith,”

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Interesting article. Deconstructing the hate of the left will be a difficult challenge. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

The hate on the left for a divergent view from theirs on the economy, taxes, trade, social issues, values, is quite obvious.  

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

Is hate really the problem?  It's more like, "What's to love?"  Does anyone honestly think Donald Trump cares about them or their families or their problems?  In a time of crisis, would he allow one of your children to occupy a seat on the last life raft, or would he shove that child out of the way to ensure his own survival?  Does it even matter that his cabinet choices are those that have the ability to further Trump's business interests?

Keep in mind that this is only my assessment, but my problem with Trump has nothing to do with hate, and everything to do with his intense love of himself.  He is incapable of putting the needs of others above his own.  It is his best-known character flaw, and the one character flaw that has never been in dispute by those on either side of the political arena.  His personal and professional short-comings have been announced proudly by him.  Any why?  Because he doesn't see them as short-comings, he sees them as strengths.  His personal mantra has been made clear in his quotes:  'Before someone has a chance to screw you, screw them first.'  'The media will believe anything as long as you have a sexy piece of ass on your arm.'  'If she wasn't my daughter, I'd date her.'  Those examples represent only a fraction of the demeaning and insulting things he says every day.  Has he said anything positive that would diminish the negative impact of those quotes?  Perhaps he has some unknown philanthropic body of work that would help to ease the angst many US citizens are feeling.  Just for the record, I couldn't even type that last sentence with a straight face.     

So again, I ask, "What's to love?" 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

That he is not a career politician and has a good idea of what is good for business. His election has enabled congress to move forward with tax reform and abolishing Obamacare. He is not just a plastic figurehead reading speeches prepared by hired hands designed not to offend snowflakes. Middle America relates to him he's not an urban liberal. He has demolished the PC bullcrap that was being forced down our throats by urban liberals. We have a man driving the bus that acts like a man not a pussified wimp.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Well said, Dean. Also, unless you can only see in black and white, it doesn't have to be love versus hate. When Obama won, I didn't vow to destroy the government, disrespect the office or the inauguration, or riot and loot.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Why not give Donald Trump an actual chance as President instead of attacking him everyday?????

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  1stwarrior   7 years ago

Party over nation.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  1stwarrior   7 years ago

Why not give Donald Trump an actual chance

We really don't have much choice do we ?

I'll watch what he does for the first few months before I give up all hope.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

It's all we can do is hope for the best and pray to God to give him guidance and wisdom as he becomes President.  

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

What’s a Secular Heretic to Do?

And what exactly is it that the Red Church preaches and teaches? 

Both churches do nothing if they are not fighting each other. Neither church gives a damn about you or this country as long as they have power. Power and control are the only thing that matter to either side, which is exactly why I denounce both and belong to neither.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

The people in fly over America care deeply about our country, its economy, moral fiber, future, and about our children's .  

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Interesting.

And so with that statement, you also, have divided the country into constituent pieces, as the right blames the left for doing that very thing. It would also seem that you have negated any deep feeling those of the left may have for country, economy, morality and future. 

"A useful perspective is to regard this as a religious conflict." 

I don't know if you read the link I posted or not, but it addresses the above issue. Both sides have their own dogmas, catechisms, and will excommunicate you for any sin against them. Both sides now have their own version of the Roman Catholic Churches Office of the Inquisition. The Right wants to go back to a time that never existed, the Left wants to go to time that cannot exist. At this rate, we will all burn at the stake for sins never committed. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

The Right wants to go back to a time that never existed, the Left wants to go to time that cannot exist. At this rate, we will all burn at the stake for sins never committed.

Be careful Steve, your libertarianism is showing. I bow to you

Best, most clearest comment on the ideological state of this nation I've seen in a long time.

Kudos my friend.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Damn, my cover is blown. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

I did no more than quickly skim the article, because American Thinker articles aren't worth a lot of time. 

But I will answer the question

Why Does The Left hate Trump?

I know some people here consider me to be left, so that will serve as my qualification to answer. 

I reject trump for a few main reasons , in ascending order of importance to me.

1. He is a humongous asshole. I don't accept that we have to have an asshole serving in the office of president. Why is he an asshole? That is one of those "if you have to ask" type deals.

2. He is not sincere. Trump is an extreme narcissist. His promises aren't worth the words that make them. Also, when his programs and policies fail or fail to be enacted, he will move the goal line and declare victory anyway. His narcissism and pathological lying allow him to do this with a clear conscience, but that won't help the American people.  

3. His presidency makes the world more dangerous for every American. 

4. Any republican president is worse for the country than a Democratic president, because of judicial appointments. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

But he is our President.  The opponents alternating between hateful attacks and running to snowflake ghettos for safe zones so as to not hear anything he or his supporters say is quite a study in the making.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I'd rather not have an asshole for a president than listen to the likes of you make excuses for him. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Too bad. Those aren't valid options anymore.