╌>

Obama to receive medals from Iran, Cuba, Syria, and the PLO

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  walleye-cronkite  •  7 years ago  •  15 comments

Offline On Wednesday, President Obama added another prestigious medal to his Nobel Prize collection when he had Defense Secretary Ash Carter   award him   the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service.

​​If ​this caught you by surprise, you're not alone. Most Americans had no idea that 
the Pentagon ​had such an ​award​​.​ Additionally, you may not be aware that sometime after January 20, several countries are ​also expected to ​invite​ president ​Obama ​to medal ceremonies in appreciation of his many stellar contributions. 

Our inside source revealed the following:

• In Havana, Obama will receive the title of Hero of the Republic of Cuba for magnanimous concessions to the communist regime without getting even a box of cigars​ ​in return​.
  • In Tehran, Obama will receive the Order of the Islamic Republic for the nuclear deal he struck with Iran and the huge pile of cash sent over to help the country build a high-speed rail system.
  • In Damascus, Obama will receive the Order of Civil Merit for drawing his famous line in the sand ​and forgetting all about it​, which enabled Syria to coordinate its use of WMD ​with Obama getting​ a tee time at Pebble Beach.
  • In Gaza, Obama will receive ​​the Order of the Crescent Moon (invented ​especially for him) for allowing the passage of a UN Security Council resolution condemning Israel.

Other countries are expected to follow suit​, ​commemorating the many wonderful accomplishments of the Obama presidency.​ ​

Israel was considering having Obama over to award him the Backstabber of the Century medal but thought better of it. Something suitable will be done at the appropriate time, however.​

41657Obama_Medals_Surprise_Michelle_Barack.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

I hope these award ceremonies don't cut into his golf time...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

It is very poor form to promote other forums on Newstalkers.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

What other forum is he promoting?

I see no requests to go anywhere else.

or any statements to how much better it is over there. (if there was a there)

Definitely not asking anyone to do anything.

So where is this promotion? or is it another bullshite derail?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

If I showed you the forum at that link then I would be promoting it. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Oh, you mean the People's Cube.

Well, any site that can post consumer announcements like this......

Post-election shopping tip: look for the Politics Free label at your local grocer to make sure you don't buy from companies that don't want your business anymore

Is good to go in my book.

thumbs up

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

I never heard of the "Peoples Cube" so I just visited it. While I don't agree with everything, their deft use of sarcasm pinpoints some issues with deadly precision.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

This is not too far from the truth.