© A. Mac/A.G.

Best Look at this Link

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

The sunset photo has nothing to do with my recent time away from the site … I just felt like posting something peaceful.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Amazing colors Mac and I love the format. Thanks for sharing!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

That is very nice Mac.  Did you doctor the photo or is that the way it looked naturally?

If you edited it, I bet it is just as good naturally.  I've seen similar colors though.  Excuse my ignorance, just wondering.

Either way, it does look very peaceful.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

If you edited it, I bet it is just as good naturally.  I've seen similar colors though. 

The colors are true … I always use a circular polarizer which reduces glare and enriches color, or, more accurately, by reducing glare, prevents color from being washed out by glare.

I did bump up the brightness of the setting sun in the image-center, but because the polarizer took out the original glare, I was able to keep it without sacrificing the overall saturation.

Having my cake and eating it too.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    7 years ago

Fantastic  shot Mac!!   There is nothing like a beautiful Sun Set or Sun Rise!!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    7 years ago

Beautiful Brother, Simply beautiful.

Mind if I steal it for my desktop wall paper?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Mind if I steal it for my desktop wall paper?

I'd be flattered if you do.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Beautiful Mac, as always.

KatPen
Freshman Silent
link   KatPen    7 years ago

I agree with all above.  

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

A lovely Picture. Has to be much longed after peace, especially, if you had to spend time at and fly out of Atlanta/Hartsfield. There's only 1 airport I like less-Dallas/Fort Worth.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Has to be much longed after peace, especially, if you had to spend time at and fly out of Atlanta/Hartsfield. There's only 1 airport I like less-Dallas/Fort Worth.

Been to both and fully concur!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

I greatly appreciate those who came to feel the peacefulness.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    7 years ago

Beautiful Mac!  I love "your" lake!  Thanks for sharing it with all of us  I bow to you

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA    7 years ago

Totally beautiful Mac.  I've seen one that looks almost like this one (well, any lake will have the same general look at sunset but this one has happy memories for me).  On the Eastern shore of Otsego Lake, near the town of Gaylord about 2/3 of the way up the Michigan mitten, is the state park we visited every year when I was a kid.  At about that time of day the view would look much the same as this one and, since the small children were being settled down for the night, things would quiet down while all of the families pulled back from the noisy activities that they had been doing all day.  One of the most peaceful places I've ever been in.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

I've seen one that looks almost like this one (well, any lake will have the same general look at sunset but this one has happy memories for me). 

I have watched the sunset from this viewpoint almost a hundred times (I'd speculate), fishing until it was too dark to see my hands in front of me (except for the light of a full moon which rises when the sun sets … as the astronomical gods would so configure it) … pausing only long enough from casting a fly to photograph the "magic hour".

I have many of these in my database … and because of the current uncertainties we face … I think I will post more … starting today.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Please do!!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

What a lovely view!  Peaceful it is, and breath-taking, too!

Thanks for sharing this with us-- *heaving a sigh that I'm not there....