╌>

Peaceful Interlude … Seems We Need One, No?

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  29 comments

Peaceful Interlude … Seems We Need One, No?

starrynightovermountbakeragurmankinnasa.jpg

© A. Mac/A.G.

Best Look at this Link

AGSP_pondberkshires6.jpg

© A. Mac/A.G.

Requested by Sixpick … Pretty Close to what he Wanted (Hopefully)

forestedgeinsnowpoconomountainspennsylvaniaagurmankin.jpg

Randy's Request.

The "path" is one that I know I was first to walk through after this particular snowfall in the Pocono Mountains; the afternoon before, the temperature was in the 60's and I was fishing in jeans and a T-shirt. When I woke the next morning, there was 5 inches of snow on the ground … got dressed, grabbed my camera, and … enjoy the serenity, Randy and others.

© A. Mac/A.G.

Best Look at this Link

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Seems we need one … YES!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Beautiful photo Mac.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

It's a beautiful photo, but I would prefer a place beside a lake in the spring with colorful flowers abound, slight breeze and soft green grass to lay on as I gaze into the sky without a care in the world.  That would be a peaceful interlude to me.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I would prefer a place beside a lake in the spring with colorful flowers abound, slight breeze and soft green grass to lay on as I gaze into the sky without a care in the world.  That would be a peaceful interlude to me.

Six,

I will go through my data base and try to come close to granting your wish.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Thank you AMac!!!  I saw your first comment and started typing this one before I saw your second and third comment about the photo I had requested. This one fits the bill perfectly!  There's nothing more relaxing than a stream, lake and flowers blooming all around you in the Spring below the blue skies above that allows you to escape from all the troubles in the world and enjoy a Peaceful Interlude.

THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!  We are so fortunate to have you here.

By the way I haven't seen Enoch in at least a month.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

By the way I haven't seen Enoch in at least a month.

I've been traveling around much of the last month, but come to think of it, you're right, I'll e-mail him.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Gorgeous picture!  Love the rocks!  And the sky...

Yes, we needed this!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Request by Sixpick granted (second picture) …

Friends welcome to leave a request and I'll see what I can do.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Mac.....These need to be framed !! They are unbelievable!  There is NOTHING like Nature if one wishes to see  beauty!!

THANKS!!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Nona62   7 years ago

My pleasure, Nona.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Calling Sixpick, calling Sixpick … your request has been granted.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

You must get tired sometimes of being told how beautiful your work is. However I'll still say it again. Beautiful!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

When people I like, respect and care about are pleased by my work, it's the best gratification of all.

Thanks Randy.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I know you posted these as a request for Six and I'm sure he'll love them. That said I'd like to make a request for myself of some peaceful, snow framed forest paths.

BTW we have had a lot of snow in the mountains around here and it's breathtaking when driving around the desert to be surrounded by snow covered peaks some down as low as halfway down the side.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

a request for myself of some peaceful, snow framed forest paths.

Comin' up … stay tuned.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Thanks. When I lived in Michigan I loved going on quiet walks with just my dog on snow covered paths through the woods behind our home. It was like a chilly tunnel with the branches hanging down from the snow on them forming a roof and it was always so peaceful.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

You got it, Randy; hope it fills the bill (image 3).

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Love it! Thanks! As much as I love Southern CA, I still miss Michigan a lot sometimes. The snow can be so beautiful.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Just got a light dusting this afternoon Randy.  Just enough to look nice without having to shovel it or have problems driving in it.  That's pretty much what all of it's been South of Rockford, just a few flurries. This coming week is supposed to be another matter entirely.  Of course, that's according to the weatherman and any weatherman in Michigan who tells you what the weather is going to be more than 24 hours in advance, and gets it right, isn't really a weatherman; he's a magician.

Absolutely beautiful pictures Mac.  Very restful.  The center one is so real that I can almost hear the bees buzzing around the flowers.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Good night all … and I ask, given the ugliness all around us, that we be kind to one another …

Please.

NOTE: I will be happy to try and fill image requests should there be any tomorrow.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I have another for you Mac, though I don't know if you can do it because of where you live the topography isn't the same as southwestern Michigan. I would like something with soft, rolling hills of snow, with small dairy type farms and red barns tucked in. You know, a real postcard Christmas type scene. The kind of picture(s) that make me miss the rural countryside in winter, before I remember what it was like to drive in it.

Happy

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

soft, rolling hills of snow, with small dairy type farms and red barns tucked in. You know, a real postcard Christmas type scene. The kind of picture(s) that make me miss the rural countryside in winter, before I remember what it was like to drive in it.

I might come fairly close but I don't know if I can nail it!

Stay tuned.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

On the right track, Randy … but no the exact train maybe …

agu_09.01.07SN334by6sm.jpg

© A. Mac/A.G.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

All of these are beautiful !!

KatPen
Freshman Silent
link   KatPen    7 years ago

All beautiful of course but "Randy's Request" is my favorite of these 3.   Thanks again for sharing.   

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Moo cows!  I do love Moo Cows!  They are so sweet!

Thanks, A. Mac!  Great picture to start the day!  Every day is a great day that starts with Moo Cows!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Please keep the requests for "Peaceful Interlude" pix coming.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Whatever you select is fine by me!  thumbs up