jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

What are we supposed to do in this thread?

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Pray to Gremlina, the goddess of links, that we get them back.  A short prayer to Screeno, the god of making screens come up quickly, might also be in order (this part might actually be a problem with Firefox).

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Perrie thought it was my Firefox, when I told her my screen would scan from top to bottom and back before it landed on the comment I had just posted, but it does it on my phone as well and it has Chrome.  You have to have a little tech in you to maneuver around.  Don't forget to copy your comment just in case. LOL

I'm not criticizing you Perrie either.  I'm sure it can get quite stressful making sure everything works as it is suppose to work.

I noticed live links didn't work for me last night.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Maybe we can pray in the "Chicken Church"!!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/13/29/8a/13298aa43a0bbb5c51ac1cce94c24a84.jpg

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Well, I found that the slow screen thing is not the site, since it happens everywhere.  It's not Firefox or Windows 7, since my daughter is having the same problem with Win 10 and Chrome.  It's not the network, since everything is working fine up until the signal hits the modem.  That only leaves one thing, the ISP.  Not too surprising since those guys absolutely freak out if we get any kind of weather at all.  Hopefully, it will go away once Monday comes and they actually get back to work.

Six,

Three questions.  First, do the underground chambers have cooking pots in them?  Second, is the high priest of the church an old guy with white hair and goatee and wearing a white suit?  Third, are they sure that there are only 12 chambers rather than 17 (the number of "secret" ingredients)?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

What an unusual building!  Thanks for the picture!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

LOL... it was to see if I got the active links back

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

They come and they go...  I can't seem to follow much, but then, I can.  It is annoying, but I understand that you're doing the best you can!

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

I highlight the URL and press the option "Open Link In New Tab".

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Thanks Aeon.  I never even thought of that.  And it worked.  All I had to do was click on the new window.

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce    7 years ago

Somebody tell me what this article is about so I know which side to fling my obscenities at.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

Well, you can always throw them up in the air Bruce and see which ones stick... {chuckle}

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    7 years ago

well lets give it a try....

Police History: Was U.S. Marshal Bass Reeves the real Lone Ranger?

Now see if it works?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Hey it works, when setup as usual. it also works when highlight, right-click and select open.

Was it supposed to operate in another way?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

It's working again, for me, too!!!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

NWM,

Yup it seems to be working now. We should all thank Brian who fixed this. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

What I also discovered was the way I've always put YouTube videos on here was to copy the link of the video in the address bar and then paste it in the comment.  Then the video would show up in the comment, but last night it just produced the live link.  I think I was successful by choosing "Embed Local Media" and choosing "YouTube", then putting the link of the video in that way.  As I recall it worked that way, which is probably the way most have been doing it anyway.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

That is the way it is supposed to be done, Six, according to the platform being used.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

That was the way I have been doing it since forever and it has worked with the picture.  Now let's try it the proper way.

It worked as you can see by following the instructions, but amazes me is it worked the other way ever since we changed over.  That is the only way I've been doing it.  I'm flexible as long as I'm not pushed too hard. LOL