╌>

David Cassidy Reveals He’s Suffering From Dementia

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  9 comments

David Cassidy Reveals He’s Suffering From Dementia

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/david-cassidy-reveals-hes-suffering-from-dementia-w467940

David Cassidy  is battling dementia, his rep confirms to  Us Weekly . The former  Partridge Family  star told  People on Monday, February 20 that he’s been suffering memory loss, after sparking concerns for his wellbeing after a disturbing performance onstage on Saturday.

david-cassidy-zoom-1709282d-d14a-4040-9671-ba1657a708d3.jpg

“I was in denial, but part of me always knew this was coming,” he told the magazine, adding that his grandfather and mother both battled dementia.

His reveal comes after the former teen idol, 66, appeared to slur his words, forget his lyrics and almost fell off the stage while performing in California on Saturday, in video published by  TMZ . During the show, Cassidy told the audience he was retiring and that his final concert would be Sunday night. The disturbing performance led some fans to worry that Cassidy, who has been in and out of rehab in the past, was intoxicated during the show.

The 1970s sitcom star confirmed to  People  he was retiring from performing, explaining that he wanted to focus on his health. “I want to focus on what I am, who I am and how I’ve been without any distractions,” he told the magazine. “I want to love. I want to enjoy life.”

The medical reveal comes after a difficult past few years for the former teen heartthrob. Cassidy was arrested for DUIs in 2010, in 2013, and 2014. After his third arrest, in 2014, his wife Sue Shifrin-filed  for divorce after 23 years of marriage.

The former  Celebrity Apprentice  contestant, who is father to  Arrow  actress  Katie Cassidy , also was charged in September 2015 over a hit-and-run incident after allegedly sideswiping a truck in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

One day your a teen idol and in the blink of an eye before you know it you are battling dementia. 

Time is short. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Time is infinite, life is finite....Enjoy every minute that you have.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

"I've been aware of the time going by

They say in the end it's the wink of an eye"

The Pretender, Jackson Browne

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

They say that Glen Campbell's alzheimer's has progressed to the point that he no longer knows what a guitar is or what it is used for. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

Being an alcoholic is bad for the brain. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

I'm really sorry to hear this...  He was always seemingly a nice guy.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

I was bummed to hear about this. My sister was a huge Partridge family fan, and so I heard my daily dose of their music. I'm going to share the one, that I like the most. 

It's sad to think that someone who is a peer and part of my youth will not remember any of the things that I remember. He won't even remember his family. What a horrible way to go.