╌>

Hannity Lashes Out At Liberal Blogger For Hit Piece On Former Co-Host

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  1 comments

Hannity Lashes Out At Liberal Blogger For Hit Piece On Former Co-Host

Fox News anchor Sean Hannity called out the “mean soulless a–holes” at Slate on Twitter after the site’s Isaac Chotiner published an “obituary” calling Hannity’s former co-host Alan Colmes a “liberal weakling.”

“Only mean soulless a–holes could ever write and print something this vicious, cruel, and heartless,” Hannity wrote on Twitter. “You (are) so ignorant, wrong, and hateful!”

The Slate “obituary” was entitled “Alan Colmes, Buffoon and Patsy, Was Fox News’ Original Liberal Weakling.”

“Colmes was the most absurd, useless, and mocked television personality in America for many years, precisely because he was nice,” Chotiner wrote. “In the context of Fox News, being a nice guy — and a ‘liberal’ nice guy at that — meant being a buffoon, and a patsy.”

Colmes passed away Thursday from complications from a brief illness. He was 66.

Hannity & Colmes ran for more than 12 years on Fox News Channel, pitting the conservative Hannity against the liberal Colmes. Since Hannity became a solo host in 2009, Colmes was a frequent guest on many of the network’s shows. He also hosted a daily show on Fox News Radio.

Despite their political differences, Hannity described Colmes as dear friend.

“It’s like a part of me left today,” Hannity said Thursday.

“I know a lot of people remember us from our political disagreements, but what they may not know is he was not only a guy with the greatest sense of humor but a guy that had a human level of decency and love and kindness and humor. One of the funniest guys I ever met,” he added.

Hannity was not the only member of the media to offer praise for Colmes after hearing of his death.

Colmes wife posted a note online about her late husband.

“He was a great guy, brilliant, hysterical, and moral. He was fiercely loyal, and the only thing he loved more than his work was his life with Jocelyn,” she wrote. http://www.westernjournalism.com/hannity-lashes-out-at-liberal-blogger-for-hit-piece-on-former-co-host/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

"Sean Hannity called into America’s Newsroom on Thursday morning, where he told Bill Hemmer how devastated he was about the passing of his colleague Alan Colmes.

Fox announced Colmes’s death today, and Hannity narrated a video montage where the network highlighted Colmes years of achievements as a commentator and broadcaster. Colmes was the liberal foil to Hannity during their old show “Hannity & Colmes,” so Hannity decided to talk about their shared history as well as his personal grief.

“It’s like a part of me left today. It has been a really tough day,” Hannity said. “I know a lot of people remember us from our political disagreements, but what they may not know is he was not only a guy with the greatest sense of humor but a guy that had a human level of decency and love and kindness and humor. One of the funniest guys I ever met.”

Hannity went on to praise Colmes’s dedication to his work,  to offer his thoughts and condolences to the mourning family, and to take a moment to revel in the friendship the two men shared. Hannity also talked about how he reacted when he found out Colmes was dying, and how he hopes Colmes will be remembered.

“I want people to know this was a good man with a great, huge heart…I have a hole in my heart today,” Hannity said. “The world is a little darker place today because a really great human being left us.”

Hannity also posted a photo of himself with Colmes on his Twitter account:

Various Fox News personalities and other media figures have also gone on social media to express their sorrow for the loss of Colmes."