╌>

Actor Bill Paxton Dead At 61 From Complications To Surgery

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  7 comments

Actor Bill Paxton Dead At 61 From Complications To Surgery

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) —  Actor Bill Paxton, who appeared in hit films like “Weird Science,” “Twister,” “The Terminator,” and HBO series “Big Love” died Saturday from complications to surgery, Paxton’s publicist said. He was 61 years old.

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” a family representative said in a statement Sunday. “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker.

“Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable.  We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

Actor Bill Paxton attends the 48th NAACP Image Awards at Pasadena Civic Auditorium on February 11, 2017 in Pasadena, California.  (Photo by Paras Griffin/Getty Images )

Actor Bill Paxton attends the 48th NAACP Image Awards at Pasadena Civic Auditorium on February 11, 2017 in Pasadena, California. (Photo by Paras Griffin/Getty Images )

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/02/26/bill-paxton-dead/#.WLMArtZFmON.twitter

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Always liked this guy as an actor. 

Some of Paxton's earliest roles included a minor role as a punk thug in  The Terminator  (1984) and a supporting role as the lead protagonist's bullying older brother in  John Hughes Weird Science  (1985). He also appeared in  Aliens  (1986) as the sarcastic Private Hudson: Except for Lance Henriksen, Paxton is the only actor to play characters confronted by a Terminator ( The Terminator ), a Xenomorph ( Aliens ), and a Predator ( Predator 2 ). Paxton worked with director  James Cameron  on  True Lies  (1994) and  Titanic  (1997), which was the highest-grossing film of all time at its release. Four years after appearing in  Titanic , he joined  James Cameron  on an expedition to the actual  Titanic . A film about this trip,  Ghosts of the Abyss , was released in 2003. [8]

Some of Paxton's notable performances include playing  Morgan Earp  in  Tombstone  (1993),  Fred Haise  in  Apollo 13 (1995), the lead role in the successful  Twister  (1996), lead roles in dark dramas such as  One False Move  (1992) and  A Simple Plan  (1998), and, more recently, a supporting role in  Edge of Tomorrow  (2014). [8]

Paxton received acclaim for some of his television performances. Most notably, he had the lead role in  HBO 's  Big Love  (2006-2011), for which Paxton received three  Golden Globe  nominations. Paxton also received attention for his performance in the  History Channel 's miniseries  Hatfields & McCoys  (2012), for which he was nominated for an  Emmy Award , alongside co-star  Kevin Costner . He directed a number of short films, including  Fish Heads , which aired during  Saturday Night Live 's low-rated 1980–1981 season. He directed the feature films  Frailty  (2001), in which he starred, and  The Greatest Game Ever Played  (2005). [8]

He was cast in a music video for the 1982  Pat Benatar  song "Shadows of the Night", in which he appeared as a Nazi radio officer. He appears in the  Limp Bizkit  video  Eat You Alive . In 1988, he and vocalist/guitarist Andrew Todd Rosenthal formed a short-lived rock duo  Martini Ranch . In 2014, he played the role of the villainous John Garrett in  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  He stars alongside  Jon Bernthal Rose McGowan , and  John Malkovich  as a playable character in the 2014 video game  Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare  (downloadable "Exo Zombies" mode). [ citation needed ]

In February 2016, Paxton was cast as Detective Frank Roarke for  Training Day , a crime-thriller television series set 15 years after the events of the eponymous 2001 movie ; it premiered a year later to negative reviews. [9]

wikipedia

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

So sad to see this.  I still watch Apollo 13 at least a few times a  year. Loved him in Titanic (except for his aarrrggh-me-maties pirate earring).  Still watch Tombstone on occasion, as well.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I'm so very sad to hear this!  He was great, in so many things-- I really enjoyed watching him!

May he rest in peace.  My prayers are with his family and friends.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

I always enjoyed his acting..

RIP, Bill.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

I agree, very good actor. Many, many parts, some small and some large, but all very good. I will miss him. My sincere condolences to his friends and family. RIP.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

This article was wiped off the Home Page while I was sleeping so I'm sorry to be late with my comment. I just happened to open the Entertainment Forum and noticed it.  I, too, always liked Bill Paxton. The last time I saw him acting was in Titanic and thought he played his part perfectly.