╌>

Is Donald Trump Senile?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  randy  •  7 years ago  •  31 comments

Is Donald Trump Senile?

By Randal Snyder

The problem we as a nation are facing is not necessarily that Donald trump is incredibly arrogant, though he is. It's not that he has a short temper and that it is getting shorter everyday, though it is. It's not that many of his tweets are erratic, make no sense and have no basis in reality, though they don't. The problem we as a nation are facing is that we have a senile man running the country and we don't know how to put him out to pasture.

Don't get me wrong. I have no idea that everyone can point to a person that they know in their personal life that is older then Trump and is as sharp as a tack. My own wife is 73 and has one of the sharpest minds I know. My own mother died at 80 years old and was aware and working until the end of her life Yet my Uncle Ray was in a nursing home at the age of 64 suffering from Senile Dementia and spent the last 5 year of life not even knowing who he was. His brother, my Uncle Bob went through the same thing when he was 68 and died several years later again completely demented. The point I am making is that, along with the older person that everyone knows that is sharp as a tack, everyone also knows someone elderly who is not quite there anymore. They snap at you or other over little things. They are confused and unaware of many things, especially when under a great deal of pressure. They claim things that are patently false and blame things that they caused on others in fits of anger. Like Donald Trump does.

Donald Trump has led, overall, a pretty laid back life until now. His finances have risen and fallen from the billions to bankruptcy and tens of millions of dollars in debt. Through some fancy financing with Russian oligarchs and the Duchte Bank in Cypress he has regained some of his wealth, though no one really knows how much money he really has and, more importantly how much he owes and to who. The point is he never really has had to work in his life. He had a personal, private company, whose subsidiaries kept going bankrupt, and he was used to a low pressure life. He gave orders and people bowed, said “Yes Sir” and did as he said. He has never really, through all of his supposed business experiences has ever had to really run a company, a public company, in an executive position or as a CEO. He has never had to deal with board members or stockholders. He has never had to experience checks and balances that he has to now. He has zero executive experience.

He is out of his comfort zone. He is rattled. He is in way, way over his head by a very, very great amount. He has no idea of what is expected of him or how he is expected to act. He has never, in his 70 years, had to experience this type of life or job before and since he has never held elective office he is lost. He has been thrown and it has affected him. He is sinking and sinking fast and it is driving him into a form of senility caused by extreme pressure late in life when his mind and his psyche just can't handle it. He doesn't need anger or derision as much as he needs help, but he will not get it. He will not get it because he acts like an asshole (a defense mechanism) which drives a lot of people away and he will not get it because there are far too many people who are in need of using him and his position to their own end. People from Vladimir Putin to Mitch McConnell to Paul Ryan. They want to get as much out of him (his signature) before he cracks up completely, but they had better hurry because he is cracking up very, very fast.

The pressure of the Presidency ages the best of men (it's only been men so far) and it ages them faster then if they spent the same amount of time in a more normal life. In an older man like Trump it has quickly pushed someone who was on the edge anyway and quickly aged him to the point to where he has dreams and paranoid thoughts. To where everyone is wrong but him. To where he doesn't feel like he can't trust anyone. That his own staff is turning on him with leaks. He rages at them and blames them for his own failures.

Donald Trump is sinking and struggling. Bouncing from crisis to crisis. He has filled less then half the offices necessary to run the White House effectively for one simple reason, he does not know how. The office of the State Department is described by the career employees who work there as like a tomb, with one empty office after another. Because Tillerson has no idea of who does what in his Department and what he should look for in someone to hire. It's the same thing at the Education Department, the EPA, etc. Carson is now in charge of HUD with no organizing office experience wheresoever. Why is this happening? One reason. No leadership. And why is there no leadership? Because Donald Trump is not just in over his head by miles, he is going through a psychic meltdown because of it. He is terrified at how little he knows about the extent of the job he has. Remember “No one knew how complicated healthcare could be!” Yes! Everyone but you did because you didn't know what you were getting into an now that you are in it you are losing control of rationality.

For a person of his age and who was not prepared for this responsibility and shock, the expected result happened. He broke. His senility that was already beginning to show itself during the campaign, has accelerated beyond control. He is lashing out in all direction and making up obviously false stories to cover up mistakes that he has made. He is blaming others for not “protecting him” when he doesn't understand that it is his job to protect them. He is soft and easily malleable to people who want to do our country harm. They can mold him to their own ends with little effort because he no longer has control enough to stop them. Because of his deteriorating Senile Dementia he is a bigger threat to the United States then ISIS.

Donald Trump is showing all of the signs of Senility. The question is, what do WE do about it?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

I hate all just about all of the polices of Mike Pence. That said I have no doubt that he owes no loyalty to or is being blackmailed by the Russians. I can not say the same about Donald Trump. I also do not have any serious concerns for his mental health, while I honestly and sincerely believe that Donald Trump Is showing many of the early sign of Senile Dementia (otherwise described as Senile Nervosa). I do not want a President Pence by any means! That said, I would rather have a sane hand in control of the nuclear codes and Trump, backed up by Steve Bannon and Steve Miller (who both have mental issues of their own) do not qualify for that awesome responsibly and will launch some of our nuclear weapons. There is no doubt about that. Donald J. Trump is senile and can not be in charge of the United States of America.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

I hate all just about all of the polices of Mike Pence. That said I have no doubt that he owes no loyalty to or is being blackmailed by the Russians. I can not say the same about Donald Trump. I also do not have any serious concerns for his mental health,

I don't think he's senile, but rather I think he's mentally ill.

And I agree-- Pence, regardless of whether you like his political philosophy* or not, is not mentally ill.

Pence is  pretty much a fairly typical conservative Republican.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Do you think it's a mental illness that he has had all of his life? I based my idea that he has been getting worse, but then again I don't know if he has always had a volatile temper whereas people with senility or early onset Alzheimer's often do. He has always been known to be something of an arrogant jerk and something of the air of the spoiled little boy/brat about him. I suppose it is possible that he is what my former Psychiatrist boss used call "Just a big old anti-Social". Meaning of course antisocial personality disorder.

Then again maybe he's just a garden variety asshole?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Do you think it's a mental illness that he has had all of his life?

I think there has probably been a stronger sense of self-entitlement than what is seen in most people, but I think you hit it on the head with the possible Alzheimer's scenario.  My father's Alzheimer's has advanced to the stage where he is no longer able to consider, or even comprehend, the feelings, thoughts, or even the health and well-being of others.  He also tells outrageous stories about the most mundane of events, and places blame for his personal actions on others.  A few years ago after his diagnosis, I characterized him as having become a lying, vindictive, and off-the-chain narcissistic man.  But now I know he simply can't help it.  His behavior is dictated entirely by his illness.  Even so, it is one of the more difficult symptoms with which to deal.  My father also expresses heinous and inappropriate thoughts about women, as well as members of any race that isn't white.  Prior to his illness, he never, repeat NEVER, behaved in such a vile manner. 

That said, I noticed the similarities between Donald Trump's behavior, and my father's behavior, almost immediately upon taking an interest in the presidential election.  At first though, I just viewed Trump as being the biggest asshole in the history of assholes.  But it didn't take long to start wondering if there wasn't a medical explanation, especially after he refused to allow his medical records to be released.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

My father's Alzheimer's has advanced to the stage where he is no longer able to consider, or even comprehend, the feelings, thoughts, or even the health and well-being of others.  He also tells outrageous stories about the most mundane of events, and places blame for his personal actions on others.  A few years ago after his diagnosis, I characterized him as having become a lying, vindictive, and off-the-chain narcissistic man.

That especially sounds like Donald Trump. It describes his behavior to a T. He supposedly called his whole staff into the Oval Office and was so angry he was practically incoherent. He has leaks at his White House so it must be Obama hold overs. The investigations are getting closer to his Russian ties, so it must be that Barack Obama ordered his campaign and transition wire-tapped. I mean it can't be that he is not able to do his job, is in over his head and is striking out against anyone else? Right? He never, ever takes any responsibilities for his mistakes, because in his own mind since everyone is out to get him, he is always right and therefore it can't be his fault. Maybe it is Alzheimer's after all? If it is it's only going to get worse and we can only hope that the GOP will find the balls to invoke the 25th Amendment before he gets a lot of people killed.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

At first though, I just viewed Trump as being the biggest asshole in the history of assholes.  But it didn't take long to start wondering if there wasn't a medical explanation, especially after he refused to allow his medical records to be released.

That made me suspicious too. Especially considering that the Doctor he has been seeing or the last 30 some years is not a Family Practitioner or an Internist or any kind of a Primary Care Physician. He's a Urologist. Now, I see a Urologist myself from time to time because, like many people my age (60) I have a problem with Kidney Stones once in awhile and had to have surgery on my left Kidney about 8 years ago to remove a big one. That said if I had a problem with chest congestion I wouldn't see my Urologist (as nice of a guy as he is). If I needed a pre-Colonoscopy I wouldn't see my Urologist. If I needed a prostate exam (I hate them) I wouldn't seem my Urologist. If I had a sinus infection I wouldn't see my Urologist. If I needed an annual physical I wouldn't see my Urologist. In fact just about the only thing I would so my Urologist for would be problems with my urinary tract. So that means one of only two things. Either Donald Trump is lying his ass off about his Urologist being his only doctor or the only health problems he has ever had, in 70 years of being alive, is with his urinary tract.

My bet is he is lying his ass off. He can't help himself anymore. He has (if not always has been) a pathological liar. And someday and probably soon, America and maybe the world is going to be in a position where we need to trust the word of the President and he won't be there. His credibility is all gone. He has wasted it all a very, very good chance that many, many innocent people will die because of him and the lies he is telling now and has been telling for the last several years.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

My heart breaks for you, dear Sister.  Call me if you want to talk!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

There is no reason to believe Donald Trump is senile because his behavior hasn't changed. He has always been like this.

-

My father also expresses heinous and inappropriate thoughts about women, as well as members of any race that isn't white.  Prior to his illness, he never, repeat NEVER, behaved in such a vile manner. 

The anti-racist speaker and organizer, Tim Wise tells a story about his grandmother. 

It is a little long for this location so I will excerpt some of it.

"Without doubt, convincing whites that we have internalized racist beliefs proves difficult. You can’t make the point with statistics, or poll numbers, or by pointing out the disparities in life chances that form the backdrop of American racism. Convinced they are free from the biases that characterize “real” racists, such folks inevitably are the most resistant to the analysis offered here thus far.

It is with this in mind that I return to my grandmother. For her death, and her life up until she died, offers more in the way of proof that racist socialization affects us all than anything I have experienced in my thirty years. You see, my grandmother was one of those good liberals. In fact, she was beyond liberal, particularly given the time and place in which she spent most of her life.

...Throughout her life she would stand up to racism on many occasions. Like the time she and my grandfather were looking for a house, and the agent made the mistake of mentioning, as if it were a positive thing, that there were no blacks in the area. My grandmother’s response was simple: he had best get in his car and drive away, or she would be forced to run him over in hers.

She would regularly challenge racist comments, from whatever the source. The fear that too often paralyzes whites and makes us unwilling to challenge racism, described by James Baldwin as the fear of being “turned away from the welcome table” of white society, was something that played no part in her life. For all of her many human flaws, she was a woman of principle, and though not an activist, she instilled in her family a sense of right and wrong which was unshakeable in at least this regard.

But enough for the praise, for it is not my intention to heap accolades, however deserved, upon the dead. Indeed, there is another side to this story, and it is far less heartwarming than that which has come before. Yet, I would venture to say it is far more important. It is the part about my grandmother’s death.

A few years ago it became obvious that Maw Maw, as we knew her, was developing Alzheimer’s. Anyone who has watched a loved one suffer with the condition knows how difficult it is to witness the deterioration that takes place: the forgotten memories, the forgotten names, the unfamiliar faces, the anger of feeling abandoned; and finally, a regression back to a virtual infant stage of development. It is a fascinating disease, in that it renders otherwise healthy persons helpless, eventually causing not only a complete mental meltdown, but a physiological one as well. It renders its victims incapable of reason or comprehensible thought. It saps the conscious mind of its energy, and therein lies the point of my story.

You see, resisting socialization requires the ability to choose. But near the end of my grandmother’s life, as her body and mind began to shut down, this consciousness — the soundness of mind which had led her to fight the pressures to accept racism — began to vanish. Her awareness of who she truly was disappeared. And as this process unfolded, culminating in the dementia ward of a local nursing home, an amazing and disturbing thing happened: She began to refer to her mostly black nurses by the all-too-common term that forms the linguistic cornerstone of white America’s racial thinking. The one Malcolm X said was the first word newcomers learned when they came to this country. Nigger.

It was a word she would never have uttered from conscious thought, but one that remained locked away in her subconscious despite her best intentions and lifelong commitment to standing strong against racism. A word that would have made her ill even to think it. A word that would make her violent if she heard it said. A word that, for her to utter it herself, would make her another person altogether. But there it was, as ugly, bitter, and no doubt fluently expressed as it ever had been by her father.

Now think carefully about what I’m saying, and why it matters. Here was a woman who no longer could recognize her own children; a woman who had no idea who her husband had been; no clue where she was, what her name was, what year it was; and yet, knew what she had been taught at a very early age to call black people. Once she was no longer capable of resisting this demon, tucked away like a ticking time bomb in the far corners of her mind, it would reassert itself and explode with a vengeance. She could not remember how to feed herself. She could not go to the bathroom by herself. She could not recognize a glass of water for what it was. But she could recognize a nigger. America had seen to that, and no disease would strip her of that memory. Indeed, it would be one of the last words I would hear her say, before finally she stopped talking at all.

Please understand: Given this woman’s entire life and the circumstances surrounding her slow demise, her utterance of a word even as hateful as this one says little about her. But it speaks volumes about her country; about the seeds of evil planted in every one of us by our culture; seeds that, so long as we are of sound mind and commitment, we can choose not to water; but also seeds that left untended sprout of their own accord. It speaks volumes about the work whites must do,..."

Neetu2
Freshman Silent
link   Neetu2  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Randy, I don't know if it is just senility. He exhibits symptoms of a psychopath, to be honest. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Neetu2   7 years ago

I believe he does also. I mean I think he has had all of his life. However things like the paranoia he has is getting a lot worse and this issue of him thinking that Barack Obama wiretapping him seems to me to be something that would be made up by someone who is slipping in his mind. Sure he got the "information" from a phony source, Breitbart, but I don't think that a few years ago he would have made the phony accusation. Of course the idea that Obama "wiretapped" Trump Tower is completely ludicrous and I believe that a few years ago he would have thought so also and not said anything, but now I believe that he honestly believes that it is true. I believe he honestly believes that there were more people at his inauguration then at Obama's and that somehow the photos are phony. I believe he honestly believes that millions of illegal aliens voted in the election and that he really won the popular vote, without a shred of evidence. I believe that he honestly believes that these things are true when they are demonstrably false. I believe he is losing or has lost his grip on reality. On what is true and what is false. I don't think he can really tell the difference on many days any longer.

Neetu2
Freshman Silent
link   Neetu2  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

That is precisely what someone suffering from delusional disorders, psychopaths, etc. do.  At first, I thought he had just personality disorders - narcissism and the like - but with the sort of things coming out of his mouth and brain, it appears more a case of serious mental disorder. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Neetu2   7 years ago

I agree that he has always been a psychopath, however I would argue that it has lately become combined with more aspects of confusion. His baseline mental disorder remains, is quite serious and is certainly troubling and should be the basis for removal of him from office. That said I do believe that symptoms of senility have begun to become mixed in and more apparent. IMHO.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

I think the problem here is delusional psychosis. No not Trump. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Have you seen a specialist yet?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Well said. Let's hope they get help.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Trump is not senile, he is a corrupt narcissistic crook and serial liar. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

How many more lying and insane twitter storms will it take like Saturday's until Republicans pull away from him? Kim Jong-un is launching ICBM type missiles and nothing from Trump. Why? Because he does not know what to say or do. One of the craziest people in the world, the leader of North Korea, looks across the Pacific ocean and sees a confused person who is in way over his head and when the first big crisis happens, he will freeze and do nothing. He will hesitate instead of lead. Instead he will just tweet something.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

How many more lying and insane twitter storms will it take like Saturday's until Republicans pull away from him?

A few already have. The highest ranking are Senators John McCain & Lindsay Graham. (mainly on the issue of trump's ties with Russia).

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I believe the Marco Rubio is also backing away from him as more Russian information about ties between the Russians and the Trump campaign come out, through leaks or news stories. Of course I would imagine that he may not yet have gotten over the "Little Marco" taunts during the campaign?

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

How many more lying and insane twitter storms will it take like Saturday's until Republicans pull away from him?

A few already have. The highest ranking are Senators John McCain & Lindsay Graham. (mainly on the issue of trump's ties with Russia).

And if more won't desert him of their own accord-- it seems that now he himself is doing his best to turn them against him. First he blamed the Democrats for his defeat on Obamacare. But look what he's doing now:

Trump shifts blame to conservatives on health care bill failure

Alienating a major segment of his own party. And he has many other items on his agenda he wants Congress to pass.

There's is definitely something "off" about his thought processes.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

And if more won't desert him of their own accord-- it seems that now he himself is doing his best to turn them against him. First he blamed the Democrats for his defeat on Obamacare. But look what he's doing now:

Trump shifts blame to conservatives on health care bill failure

Alienating a major segment of his own party. And he has many other items on his agenda he wants Congress to pass.

There's is definitely something "off" about his thought processes.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

One of the craziest people in the world, the leader of North Korea

Thanks to Obama who did NOTHING to halt the actions of Kim .

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Petey Coober   7 years ago

Thanks to Obama who did NOTHING to halt the actions of Kim .

But you have to admit-- previous presidents were not successful in that regard either.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

he may not yet have gotten over the "Little Marco" taunts during the campaign?

Definitely, he was asked twice by two different reporters on Sunday and today. He looked like he was fighting back an urge to burst out laughing.

Roy_Patterson/we-talk-news
Freshman Silent
link   Roy_Patterson/we-talk-news    7 years ago

I GUESS ALL YOU TRUMP HATERS VOTED FOR THE SICK, LYING AND CRIMINAL HILLARY CLINTON. IN HIS WORST DAY, PRESIDENT TRUMP IS A 1000 TIMES BETTER THAN THAT DINGBAT HILLARY.waving

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Roy_Patterson/we-talk-news   7 years ago

I see you're still having problems with your caps lock key-- it must be frustrating. Wish I could help, but I'm not all that knowledgeable about keyboard problems.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

Perhaps the keys have too much of a sticky substance on them?