╌>

Disagreeing With Democrats Is Now Considered Un-American

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  251 comments

Patriotism: Democrats have become so fond of attacking Republicans and their policies as "un-American" that we wouldn't be surprised if they call for a congressional committee to investigate them. It wouldn't be the first time Democrats have done so.

Although wrongly attached to Republican Sen. Joe McCarthy, the House Committee on Un-American Activities (also known as HUAC) was entirely a Democratic creation.

The committee got its start in 1938, when Democrats outnumbered Republicans in the House by a margin of 334 to 88. And over the course of HUAC's entire 37-year existence, Republicans controlled the House — and chaired the committee — for all of four years. Whatever sins HUAC allegedly committed were done so almost entirely under the committee's Democratic leadership.

Of course, "un-American" for the purposes of that committee's investigations meant actually doing things in service of the nation's enemies, whether it was the Nazis in World War II or the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

These days, however, all that's required to be called un-American by a Democrat is to disagree with their liberal world view.

Sen. Charles Schumer can barely get through an interview without calling one Trump policy or another un-American. When he heard that the administration was considering using 100,000 National Guard troops to round up illegal immigrants, he called it "one of the most un-American things that would happen in the last century." (It turns out that such a plan was never under consideration.)

When Trump signed an executive order suspending visa applications from terror-prone countries, Schumer called it un-American. When Trump revised that order, Schumer said "it is still un-American."

League of Women Voters declared that the House Republicans' ObamaCare replacement plan — which retains most of ObamaCare's rules and regulations — "is un-American."

The New York Times ran a piece suggesting that talk of a "deep state" that is trying to undermine the Trump administration was un-American.

Last fall, the Huffington Post ran a piece arguing that the entire Republican platform "is well, downright un-American."

At the Academy Awards, Casey Affleck used his acceptance speech to say that "the policies of this administration are abhorrent and … they're really un-American."

Even abiding by the law these days is un-American, apparently.

The ACLU charged that Trump's plan to enforce an existing immigration law — one written by congressional Democrats and signed by a Democratic president — is an "un-American dream."

Bloomberg called Trump's revised executive order on visas un-American, "even if it withstands judicial scrutiny."

When Newt Gingrich suggested last summer that Congress revive the Un-America Activities Committee to target genuine domestic enemies of the U.S. — in this case radical Islamic extremists — the left freaked, and declared that this, too, was un-America.

Criticizing the press has also become un-American — if you happen to be in the Trump administration, that is.

CNN's Jake Tapper lobbed the charge against the entire White House staff recently, saying "this White House does not seem to value an independent press. There is a word for that line of thinking. The word is un-American."

NBC's Chuck Todd said, in response to Trump's criticism of a biased news media, that "delegitimizing the press is un-American."

Trump and company have, unfortunately, joined this game as well. Trump tweeted that leaking intelligence information to the press was "very un-American." White House aide Sebastian Gorka called objections to a Trump plan to highlight crimes committed by illegals "un-American."

So let's back to basics. Accusing someone of being un-American simply because you disagree with their views on an issue destroys the true meaning of the term "un-American." And that, we'd dare to say, is not the American way. http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/disagreeing-with-democrats-is-now-considered-un-american/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

Democrats and progressives think it un American to disagree with them and their extremist world view. Patriotic real Americans must stand up to their bullying.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Read the whole article before posting moronic generalities …

From the article …

Trump and company have, unfortunately, joined this game as well. Trump tweeted that leaking intelligence information to the press was "very un-American." White House aide Sebastian Gorka called objections to a Trump plan to highlight crimes committed by illegals "un-American."

The FP is just dripping with hateful, stupid crap.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
link   lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

To XX:  I posted this on another article, but I will post it again. 

Dear XX, I am a middle of the road democrat, I live in Western New York and I am a gold star mom. 

So please spare me the "Patriotic real Americans must stand up to their bullying" line because it's BS. 

Here's a clue....WE ARE ALL REAL AMERICANS!!!!!

What makes you think you are more American than I am or for that matter more than anyone else on this site?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  lady in black   7 years ago

applause Bravo! Well said!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black   7 years ago

I've been called all sorts of things over my political, economic, and religious views by secular progressive lefties.  Then comes the faux outrage when return fire comes their way.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
link   lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

XX stills does not answer my question.  What makes you think you are more "American" than me or anyone else on this site?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  lady in black   7 years ago

I've asked him that question before, and have never received a reply...Don't hold your breath waiting for him to respond.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
link   lady in black  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I know he won't answer.

deepwaterdon
Freshman Silent
link   deepwaterdon  replied to  lady in black   7 years ago

See above... I asked him a direct question, only minutes ago. Do not expect a response. Typical behavior.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  lady in black   7 years ago

There's a question I've been asking him for years that he refuses to address.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

He sure seems to act like he thinks he is somehow a superior American and Christian compared to just about everyone else. Well I guess that officially he is a superior Christian to me since I'm an atheist. That said I think I have a higher Christ-like standard in my life then he does. Just IMHO. Many atheists are among the kindest, patriotic and most moral people I know. But they never act like they are superior to anyone. I would like to think that I don't either.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
link   lady in black  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

I"m a non practicing Catholic. 

Though when both my son and husband passed away both of their funeral masses where at my old church and they (and I will be too) are buried in a Catholic cemetery and one of the reasons why the Catholic cemetery is due to the fact that it is very close to where I live. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  lady in black   7 years ago

I like to tell people that I'm a recovering Catholic.Happy

Though I am an atheist and have been for many years when my father passed away he was a pretty devout Catholic, so I went through the whole thing, reciting the Rosary at the funeral home, the whole Mass, Communion, everything. I was surprised how much of it I still remembered. My wife (who is Jewish) asked me about it and I told her that I did it out of respect for him and not for myself. She was very supportive and even sat next to me trying to keep up during the reciting of the Rosary and the Mass.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lady in black   7 years ago

Here's a clue....WE ARE ALL REAL AMERICANS!!!!!

Not me. Although I am a NORTH AMERICAN. So that doesn't make me UNAMERICAN.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

And not Dreamers...

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Democrats and progressives think it un American to disagree with them and their extremist world view. 

In some cases. Its true in some instances, but not others. Its an over-generalization, and like most generalizations its symptomatic of fuzzy thinking.

As well as a good example of letting one's personal political biases hinder one's ability to think rationally.

(And similarly, you could also say that Republicans and reactionaries think it un American to disagree with them and their extremist world view. Which is also true-- in some instances).

But then-- you already knew that! (Or did you...???)

lady in black
Professor Quiet
link   lady in black    7 years ago

Pot meet kettle.....um remember the Dixie Chicks.....oh how soon we forget...if you are not with us you are against us.....Palin - the "real" america.....I could go on and on.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

Perhaps they should stop doing some of the un-American things mentioned above? Because many of them in the article are...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

“What does religious freedom mean if we would use it as a cover for hate and privilege?” 
―  DaShanne Stokes

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Some people, including some on NT, wrap themselves in the flag and/or wave a bible and think that gives them leave to express their bigotry and hate because of their supposed patriotism or hypocritical faith. It does not.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

its been going on all century.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

X - I do not want you to be banned.  I may not like what some say, I may not like their political views and some things may hurt my feelings but I've never advocated for any member past or present to be disciplined or banned.  That's simply not who I am.  Plus, I have a funny bone and you tickle mine.    

As far as this article is concerned.....I don't agree with the overall title but do agree that there are some factions of democrats that take things to the extreme but this is the country we have now.  Right against left.  As I've said a number of times on this forum, I don't want to be forced to adopt policies and practices that I cannot morally agree with under this vulgar President and his corrupt Administration.  I'd be happy for the country to split.   

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

Nobody on the left has

They just use the forum to wish for people's death, brag about how good they are stalking people and advocate for the murder of innocent cops based on fake news. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

Sean, is this you?

broad brush painting services.jpg

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

I thought that referred to JWC, John, Kavika, and Amac.  good onewaving

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Credit where credit is due....You had a thought, XX....Applause.thumbs up

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Today...March 16th...2017....at 9:12 PST...XX had a thought!

Mark this day down as it will soon be as big of a celebration as Cinco de Mayo! Bring on the Cervezas! Let's celebrate our Hispanic friends! Both legal and illegal! Ye Ha!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

A Requim is in order, Randy.

While It is true that XX had a thought, I am sad to report that by 3:00 AM, EDST this morning, that thought ...

... Died of loneliness.

Should he experience thoughts in the future ...

Scratch that.

What the hell was thinking?

Note: I deem it somewhat interesting, if not oxymoronic, to blame Sean and company of "broad brushing" ... 

... When it is virtually impossible to do so while having no paint.

But, I hasten to add, were they to come into possession of paint, virtually as quickly as that paint was brushed, it would dry and become ... 

FLAKE news.

Well stated don't you think?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

vomitthumbs downliar

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Another brilliant response. XX must be at a loss for words which is not unusual.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Hi boys and girls, it's time for "Cartoon Corner."

And, for the grown ups, we have a discussion forum.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Another insightful comment.

thumbs down

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Congratulations, Cerenkov; for the longest time I didn't believe you knew what an insightful comment was ... Let alone actually making one yourself.

Who knew?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

What a pointless comment. You should stick with cut & painting other people's ideas.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Unlike yourself, I respect the intelligent comments of others and do not hesitate from sharing their expertise ... Another way of stating this is "sharing information that is salient and relevant to a given discussion."

When you mock people for sharing what they have discovered via the search for knowledge, you personify the biblical thing regarding the casting of pearls.

Ya' know, before that and other phrases were printed in copies of the Bible, they had to be copied/cut and pasted before going to press.

Mockery precedes understanding.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

laughing dude

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

Nobody on the left has

They just use the forum to wish for people's death, brag about how good they are stalking people and advocate for the murder of innocent cops based on fake news. 

You said it all in that one statement Sean.  I was being stalked just like I saw Jefferson being stalked.  No one did anything about it and it was obvious as it could be.  I know Jefferson has lied about sending notices when he didn't.  

When he first appeared on this site there were several members who were determined to rid this site of Jefferson, but he has trudged along, just like the Trump and continues to put interesting articles on this site, some click bait and some not, but with all the fussing and criticizing he doesn't let it bother him, he keeps doing his thing.  I think that is what bothers them so much, they can't get him to break.  LOL

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I agree! It is NOT un-American! It's just incredibly politically wrong. Just look at the circus and the head clown in the White House now. The rest of the world is constantly swinging back and forth between laughing at us and terrified of what that dangerous mental midget compulsive liar in the oval office will do or say next. Thanks to Trump the United States of America is the laughingstock of the entire world. The rest of the world thinks America is fucking nuts because Trump has his diapered ass in the Presidents chair. It is time for Americans traveling abroad to tear their American flags back off from their backpacks and put the Canadian ones back on.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Out of deference to Perrie … who hates when these discussions turn into pissin' contests, I am about to take myself out of this one …

BUT BEFORE I DO … make no mistake … it turned into one when the seeder could not rebut counter-points, requested that such counter points be removed, then proceeded to transform the discussion into "shoot the messenger" … and his pack of (pardon the irony) "dogs" came to assist THE VERY DERAILING XX BROUGHT ON himself.

TO XX AND OTHERS WHO KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO …

The  fighting words doctrine , in  United States constitutional law , is a limitation to  freedom of speech  as protected by the  First Amendment  to the  United States Constitution .

In 1942, the  U.S. Supreme Court  established the doctrine by a 9–0 decision in  Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire . It held that " insulting  or 'fighting words,' those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate  breach of the peace " are among the "well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech the prevention and punishment of [which] … have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem."

There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting words" those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.

—  Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire , 1942

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

You want Un-American?  I'll give you Un-American:

My husband won't eat apple pie.  It all has something to do with an aunt, during the Civil War, who was forced, at gunpoint, to fix a huge dinner for the Union Army at her home.  So, she made them some apple pies, and added rat poisoning, (arsenic), to the pie.  None of them lived through the night...

It's really sad, because it is one of the things I do fairly well-- following my Grandma's recipe.  But, he won't eat it on a bet. 

Now, THAT'S Un-American!  winking

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

@ Dowser

"It's really sad, because it is one of the things I do fairly well-- following my Grandma's recipe.  But, he won't eat it on a bet." 

Maybe it's because he thinks you really DO follow your Grandma's recipe - which is how she got rid of her unwanted guests. LOL

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

It was his side of the family-- not mine...  winking

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6    7 years ago

This is confusing.    I thought if I disagreed with a liberal I was either racist, Homophobe, Islamaphobe, woman hater or Deplorable.   Now I am Un-American too!?!?   Will anyone ever be able to disagree with a liberal again without being labeled?   

I remember a time when liberals championed free speech.  Now they only seem to champion socialism.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

Once you get to the point that you don't care what they think life gets a lot better. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

My question:  Do you eat apple pie?

If so, I'd say that you're an American, without a doubt!  winking

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   96WS6  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

It is my favorite pie!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

Someday, I'll make you one!  I love baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and chevrolets...  thumbs up

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

I'm going to have to draw the line at Chevrolet...

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

I've had good Chevrolets and some bad ones.  But, going from Ford, (Fix Or Repair Daily), to a Chevrolet was a real treat, years ago...   thumbs up

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Don't eat the pie if she's using her grandma's recipe, it could be fatal.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

It was my husband's great-great-great aunt, not mine!  winking

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Oh, okay, then your genetics will not cause you to inherit that propensity, but don't teach that "special" recipe to your descendants.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Only have the one, and he isn't into pie baking...  Besides, there is no rat poison in the house, period!  I have cats and dogs.  If it can be gotten into, it will...  I'll be good, Buzz!  Don't worry!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

This is confusing.    I thought if I disagreed with a liberal I was either racist, Homophobe, Islamaphobe, woman hater or Deplorable.   Now I am Un-American too!?!?   Will anyone ever be able to disagree with a liberal again without being labeled?   

I remember a time when liberals championed free speech.  Now they only seem to champion socialism.

If/when you take such an article literally and accept it as "gospel," you're going to be confused, 96. And from your comment, it seems you've taken many a right-wing-originated stereotype of liberals … literally.

It's a major reason for the division in America … generalization, stereotyping, broad-brush painting …

I don’t believe in stereotypes. I prefer to hate people on a more personal basis. – Benjamin Franklin

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I'm confused why Trump supporters are confused.  Isn't the new norm to not take others literally but seriously or is it that we're not supposed to take other seriously but literally or is it that we are supposed to apply alternative facts or maybe it's the fake news unless we site it to support a lie we're trying to peddle.........?  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

I think you have it exactly right...or maybe you don't...well you're close on the literately part...or is it the seriously part.....personally I just take everything Trump and the White House says as a lie and go from there.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

We had to take everything that came out of the White House as fake news and lies for the last eight years.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates

For example, the other day I posted something incorrect about how the glass door on microwave ovens work. I had heard that they functioned one way, but Gunny corrected me. He did not call me a liar, because I was not lying, I was just stating something that I had heard and put a question mark at the end of the sentence.

Donald Trump on the other hand (as has been shown by promising to help coal miners and then screwing them in his budget or lying about Obama wiretapping him) is incapable of not lying.

See how that works?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Donald Trump on the other hand (as has been shown by promising to help coal miners and then screwing them in his budget or lying about Obama wiretapping him) is incapable of not lying.

Maybe he was just being like Obama, he kept reading about it in the news.  You do remember all those unnamed, anonymous informers in high positions in the government who were giving them the inside scoop every day, don't you? The MSM and all the Liberal sites were pushing this idea for months.  They were alright with pushing the idea of all the connections between Trump and the Russians until they became aware if they continued to either tell the truth or lie, they were going to get Obama in trouble if there was any truth in it since he would be investigating the other candidate meaning Trump while supporting the other candidate, Hillary.  That would be bad news.  They had to take that inside knowledge off the table and find something else to talk about once they became aware of that.

So either there really was investigating going on or there wasn't, which means either the MSM was telling the truth or they were lying.  Now if they were telling the truth, Obama's administration was doing what they do in third world countries to their opposing candidates.

Now we know something is corrupt when a hard drive is subpoenaed and the person in possession of that hard drive is not charged for destroying it, don't we?  Can anyone say that is not a crime in itself, not to mention all the other crimes, lying to Congress etc?  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I put question marks at the end of the last two sentences by updating them as I realized I hadn't done it the first time, but right now they still don't have question marks at the end of them.  I expect they will by the time someone reads this.  I updated it, I then refreshed it and then I updated it again, but the question marks were still not there.

I was using Explorer, then Firefox and now Chrome and with all three of them I still have this problem.  I sent Perrie a screen shot some time back, because when I would post a comment, the screen would start showing every comment as it scrolled on its on until it reached my comment.  Strange.  She said she had never seen that before.  I thought it may be just my computer, but when it did it on my phone as well, you know, I just accepted it.  I don't know if I am the only one who has experienced anything like this.  I understand it is a pain to keep everything working as I deal with complaints I've never personally seen from people as well.

sixpick
Professor Quiet

And now the question marks are there.  Also even after I post this comment I will have to refresh to get it out of this black here.  I'm accustomed to this now and work around it.  If this is happening to any other members or especially new members, it could be too confusing.  Maybe I'm the only one who has had this happen to them.  I do update quite often as I see the mistakes I've made, maybe not all of them, but enough to make me want to correct those I see.

Most people make much shorter comments or just copy/paste and I guess get it right the first time.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I post comments of different lengths, and often edit the longer ones, sometimes more than once. And sometimes I get it right the first time. Never had an issue with the site scrolling by itself. Ghost in the machine ??

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

Not seeing the scrolling thing happening now or at least tonight.  If I had to guess, I'd say what should be happening behind the scenes is actually happening in real time on the screen when that happens.  Beats me, not happening now.  What is happening now is after I click to post this comment it will post, but it will still be at the bottom of the screen not as you see it, but as you would see yours as you're typing it before you post it.  In order for me to get rid of it, I have to refresh the screen and then it is only where it should be, in the article.  At this point I haven't posted it, but when I do it will still be just as it is in the box before you click "Post Your Comment".  Then I just refresh and the box disappears, comment is only in the article.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

the screen would start showing every comment as it scrolled on its on until it reached my comment.

Six,

I don't think that's a problem with the site.  I suspect that, like me, you are using a Polaroid wireless optical mouse or it's equivalent.  To save battery power, it shuts off automatically after a couple of minutes.  In order to restart the laser, you have to press a small button located behind the scrolling wheel.  I've found that, if you are scrolling down with the wheel and your finger accidentally presses that restart button, it causes a button to appear on the screen and that starts automatically scrolling down.  Sometimes you don't notice the button on the screen and wonder what the hell is happening (at least I did until I figured it out).  To stop it, all you have to do is left click the mouse.

Hope this helps.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Six,

I don't think that's a problem with the site.  I suspect that, like me, you are using a Polaroid wireless optical mouse or it's equivalent.

Thank you TTGA.  I do have a wireless mouse, but no button.  It's the same mouse I've been using for quite some time.  The problem started long after I started using this mouse.  I will pay attention to your information to narrow the problem down.  It hasn't been doing the automatic scrolling lately though, so that is not a problem.

The problem I have is when I want to update a comment, it doesn't update.  When I finish updating it and click "Update" it remains the same.  I can do this over and over along with refreshing the screen over and over and sometimes I think a certain time has gone by and it has updated.  I think it is more dependent on the time than anything else.

Like I said, I can go look at another article and come back later and it has updated.  So if a person puts something up and updates it, the original comment will remain there even if that person updates it for a limited amount of time no matter what they do, even if they update it a dozen times combining refreshing the screen.

As far as my phone, I am aware if I want to change something in a comment, I have to go where I want to delete backward until I get to the part where I want to correct and continue to type.  If the location is on the far right side and that is where I want to start deleting, it's impossible to start there because the scroll button, even though you can't see it will scroll you back to the top of the article.  So I have learned to start deleting on the next line somewhere in the middle and continue until I get to a location I can start typing again and finish the sentence.  That's no problem and understandable why it happens the way it does.  You just can't touch the right side of the screen on your phone or it will scroll back to the top.

I'm not complaining about any of this.  I'm only offering my experience and maybe others have similar experiences in order to help with any problems we may be having.  As a new member, not familiar with these problems, I could see how it would be confusing to them and not be beneficial to continued participation.

I can tell you what.  It's not a bad idea to copy your comment after you're finished with it and then post it.  I've lost several I've spent too much time on and they're gone forever at that point.  And it's not a bad idea after copying it and posting it to refresh the screen, because if you don't you will think it didn't post and that's the way you end up with 2 or 3 comments that are all the same.  And for those who don't know, you can put your cursor in the top right side of any of those extra comments and choose "Trash" and delete them, so you'll only be left with one posting.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I've had the update problem before, too...  Not the scrolling, but updating can be tricky at times.  My problem lately, has been that all at once, I reach a spot on the page and everything is written in Chinese...  I can't fix it, update it, etc.  So I just delete it, leave the site, shut down the computer, and come back on...  That seems to fix it.

It's probably me, having hit the wrong keys...  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

everything is written in Chinese

That's when you need to copy it and send it to Buzz and let his wife translate it for you.  Seems you're being hacked by the Chinese Dowser. LOL

Don't buy any apple pies from China!!!!!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

Comment and after posting.jpg

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I have that too, I guess its a glitch in the site. I always refresh after posting so I don't end up posting twice.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

Sometimes, if it hasn't been too long, I cut the corrected message from the correctable box and then delete the original message that won't correct and report the corrected one.

sixpick
Professor Quiet

That was the very very short version of how long it takes it to finish scrolling.  It's like walking through a briar patch.  A lot of work goes a short distance.  Really puts a damper on things.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

XX post articles consisting of editorial content that create "LIBERAL STRAW MEN" for the purpose of knocking them down so as to claim or imply "CONSERVATIVE SUPERIORITY," "EXPERTISE-AUTHENTICITY," "THE PATRIOTIC and POLITICAL HIGH GROUND."

These articles, when debunked, rebutted, corrected for the purpose of accuracy and/or called out for what they actually are rather than what they purport to be, are met with a cadre of quippers, mockers, insulters who DO EVERYTHING BUT DEFEND THE GENERALLY INDEFENSIBLE, broad brush pronouncement and denigration upon which they are predicated.

In the place of point-counter-point discussion, we see attacks on FONT CHOICES, on methods of conveying factual information … everything but honest dialogue.

And, when the usuals have nothing whatsoever to add in the way of substance … they post a cartoon emoticon, which ironically, is fittingly representative of the shallowness of intellect required to post it.

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

So, have you responded to my note to you in your role as a moderator regarding the other seed yet?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

MORe inSIghTFUL COmments.

thumbs down

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

In his defense he did deal promptly with a matter I asked about on another seed.  As many differences as we have on every issue out there, he seems fair as a moderator.  thumbs up

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

MORe inSIghTFUL COmments.

thumbs down

Which, as usual, generated your un-insightful response … although it does INCITE.

Close, but no cigar.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent

thumbs down