╌>

Trump Jr. called a ‘disgrace’ for criticizing London mayor after attacks

Category:  World News

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  8 comments

Trump Jr. called a ‘disgrace’ for criticizing London mayor after attacks

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170323/trump-jr-called-disgrace-for-criticizing-london-mayor-after-attacks

LONDON (AP) — Donald Trump Jr. is facing criticism for a tweet sent in the hours after Wednesday's London attack that included a months-old comment from London Mayor Sadiq Khan that terror attacks are part of living in a big city, but left out that Khan was noting that residents need to "be prepared" for such attacks.

Trump Jr. tweeted : "You have to be kidding me?!: Terror attacks are part of living in big city, says London Mayor Sadiq Khan." The tweet included a link to a Sept. 22 story from Britain's Independent newspaper that included Khan's quote to the Evening Standard days earlier. Khan was speaking to the newspaper from New York, a day after a bomb went off in the city, leaving more than two dozen people hurt.

"Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you've got to be prepared for these things. You've got to be vigilant. You've got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job," he said.

British Member of Parliament Wes Streeting was among numerous Britons who responded to the tweet with criticism. He called Trump Jr. "a disgrace" and accused him of using a terrorist attack for "political gain."

When asked about Trump Jr. on Thursday, Khan told CNN: "I'm not going to respond to a tweet from Donald Trump Jr. I've been doing far more important things over the past 24 hours."

He added that "terrorists hate the fact" that cities including London, New York and Paris have "diverse communities living together peacefully."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

The rotten apple didn't fall from the tree. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

British Member of Parliament Wes Streeting was among numerous Britons who responded to the tweet with criticism. He called Trump Jr. "a disgrace" and accused him of using a terrorist attack for "political gain."

That about says it all. Just like dear old dad.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Buy one, get one free, right?  I mean, we elected Trump, and we also got his "mini me"...  Dual embarrassment!

Someone put a sock in his tweeting fingers.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    7 years ago

The silence from our conservative friends is deafening. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

I suggest you buy a hearing aid, and avoid click bait trash like this....

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

One of the things I don't understand is why are Trump's adult children protected by the Secret Service? There are an estimated 920 Secret Service agents protecting him and his family. Ivanka, Trump jr and Eric and their families went to Aspen and we paid for 100 Secret Service Agents to accompany them. I thought there was an age limit on protecting adult children? Trump has billions of dollars. He should pay for the security of his adult children himself!