╌>

Five classic muscle cars going up for auction – which would you pick?

Category:  Other

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  34 comments

The 2017 Houston Mecum Auction is full of drool-worthy muscle, but here are our favourite s

by  Clayton Seams, Driving, March 31, 2017

1967shelbygt500.jpg

Muscle cars lived hard lives. Often bought by young and sometimes reckless drivers, most were raced, modified and put away wet. Making them rarer still is that when the old sheetmetal finally gave up, most were looted for the high-compression V8s to put into another “more worthy” car.

Next week, the Mecum Auction in Houston, Texas, has over 1,000 vehicles up for grabs, and many of those are some of the baddest muscle cars ever built. Here are five of our favourites that are up for a bidding war.

Just click this link to see the 5 choices. If the link is not coloured blue and does not work, just copy and paste the url into your browser. Sometimes my first comment will have the link coloured blue that will work.

http://driving.ca/chevrolet/auto-news/entertainment/five-classic-muscle-cars-going-up-for-auction-which-would-you-pick

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Try this link:

Screw the muscle/horsepower, give me that gorgeous yellow mouse.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Many years ago my 1st wife's bother had a yellow BOSS 302. He called it his Saturday Night Special and babied the hell out of it. He had to sell it when his wife developed a gambling problem and somehow managed to lose all of their money and run them in big time debt on...bingo of all things.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

The 1967 Shelby GT500, of course.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

My hubby had a 1974 "Cuda in green without the vinyl roof and not a hemi. It was a 360 with a 4 barrel. He really loved that car, until the car got sideswiped. Then the insurance went up to high for a 22 year old. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Insurance companies are such bastards. Even though the sideswiping was caused by another, they raised Matt's premiums.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Oh I know... he had no infractions of any kind prior to that. He was totally bummed. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

1969 Ford Boss 302.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

You had one or you would like one?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Had one, but it was a 1970.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Ah, you lusted for the '69. 

Kavika
Professor Principal

Not really, the 70 was great. The problem with it was that a tree jumped in front of it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Those damn trees. Sneaky little bastards!

Kavika
Professor Principal

Never trust a tree if your driving a 302.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I hate it when they do that!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    7 years ago

The 1967 Shelby GT500 would be my pick too but I would also love an all black 69 Camero SS with deep dish wheels and a red roll cage. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Under the article there is a way to vote for your choice ot the 5. The Shelby comes out way on top, and my choice is second from the last, but I don't care - I'm not trying to outrun the revenoors.

Randy
Sophomore Participates

It's good for out running ex-mother-in-laws too.Happy

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Maybe it's unusual, but I actually liked my ex-mother-in-law.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I never got to meet my wife's mother as she passed away before we met, though by all accounts she was an absolutely wonderful woman. I wasn't so lucky the last time I was married. (shudder)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Buzz,

Me too. I miss her. She was an amazing person. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Okay, Perrie, please describe it to me.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Good news for the Shelby fans:

111ford shelby.JPG

Ford keeping its hottest Mustang in production

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

Well, in my college days I had a '67 Chevelle SS with black striping. Looked a lot like this one. 396 cu with 425 hp. I was glad to get rid of it when I got married. Wish I had it now.

chevellss.JPG

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

It's funny, but notwithstanding all the amazing electronic devices and improvements on today's cars, so many of us have never lost the place in our hearts for cars we had years ago, especially the first cars we owned. It would be a dream on my part to have just a day to drive my 1950 Ford Custom Coach again.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

My dream car is one I never owned and have never even driven and in fact have only had a chance to really look over twice when I was in the Air Force. A 1973 Lotus Europa. I saw it and it was love at first sight and I have never forgotten the feeling and whenever I see a picture of one it's love all over again. It was pure, unadulterated lust! Like in the Godfather, when Micheal gets struck by the thunderbolt. It is my when I win the lottery car, though I can get one cheaper then one would pay for the average nice new car, I can't get one past my wife. Given a choice, she may have to go. LOL

I honestly believe that I have never seen a more beautiful sports car in my life, ever. On the bucket list for someday...before I die.

my dream2.jpg

my dream.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

The drummer in a rock group I used to do the legal work for had a yellow Lotus (mid to late 60's model). I don't think i could have gotten into that car with a shoehorn or sat so low to the ground. It did resemble your dream car a bit.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

The drummer in a rock group I used to do the legal work for had a yellow Lotus (mid to late 60's model). I don't think i could have gotten into that car with a shoehorn or sat so low to the ground. It did resemble your dream car a bit.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

I have nothing against muscle cars … but I'm a CLASSIC guy …

My CLASSIC AUTO PHOTO GALLERY

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Beautiful! I love classic cars too. My step-son (who is a car nut) came to visit us in L.A. and we went to The Petersen Car Museum and my wife had to threaten us with leaving us there to get us out once we were there.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Sometimes whatever I try to post simply won't "take" and I have to click the "post" link twice or 3 times to make it work. Then as I return to the article I see it has posted 2 or 3 times, and there are no icons visible to enable me to delete the repetitions.  I have seen when others have duplicate comments that they too have the same problem - it is a time-wasting and aggravating glitch that I wish could be fixed.