╌>

Hope Springs! MLB Gets Into Full Swing

Category:  Sports

Via:  spikegary  •  7 years ago  •  8 comments

Hope Springs! MLB Gets Into Full Swing

Source

America's Pastime is back and in full swing.  This is a nice article with lots of great pictures from Ballparks around the country.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary    7 years ago

I've always been a fan of baseball.  Playing, watching, movies.  Doesn't matter.  There's a line from the movie 'The Rookie'.  "You know what we get to do today, Brooks?  We get to play baseball".  I don't think anything says it better.

I hope you enjoy the season!

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

Dear Friend SpikeGary: One of my favorite things to do in summer is to catch in person a Muckdogs Game at Dwyer Field, or a Red Wings Game at Frontier Field. 

Maybe this summer you and I can go to a game in Greater Buffalo, Batavia, or Rochester.

I would like that.

Enoch, Singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" having a hot dog wiht sharp deli mustard and sauerkraut, and a tall cold one in the seventh inning stretch.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Although I've watched many games in Toronto's Skydome, we went to Buffalo once to be able to get the feeling of sitting in a traditional baseball stadium, and we saw a great game played there.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Dear Friend Buzz: I went to a minor league baseball game in Buffalo in the 1980's.

Super evening with good friends.

In spring summer and fall we (two other CEO's, our sons and myself) would come from Rochester, Corning and Buffalo to Buffalo, Batavia, Rochester or Orchard Park for minor league baseball games and Bills pro football games. 

Part of the glory of fatherhood is taking your sosn to sports you play with them, and see them play in leagues.

My father and Uncle took us sons to such games, and took off form work to see us play in team leagues.

Then as now, no enlightened boss ever docked anyone for time with family.

Hurray for Male Bonding.

It does a family and society good.

Enoch.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I believe the team we have now is Toronto's Farm Team?  Here's the website:

When I got here, it was Dunn Tire Park, but Dunn Tire bought the Lancaster Speedway and moved their dollars there, now the park is 'Coca-Cola' Park.  Guessing they don't sell Pepsi products.....

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

The Blue Jays symbol at the top left of the web site indicates that you are correct. However, it was many years ago that I went there and for some reason I remember the Baltimore Oriols being involved, but I don't know if it had to do with the home team or the visitors. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

That sounds like fun-I think the distance for me is evenly split between Buffalo and Rochester. Minor league teams are fun, as the majority of them are trying hard to get the Big Clubs to notice them.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

Wonderful pictures! No shots of Comerica Park, but that's OK, As a Tigers fan I still miss the old Tiger Stadium too much. I used to go their as a kid with my dad and uncle in the Al Kaline days. It was a classic ball park.

The Tigers are rebuilding and probably won't go all of the way this year, but still with two future HOF'ers in Justin Verlander and Miguel Cabrera who knows?

Thanks for posting this!