╌>

Legendary Insult Comedian Don Rickles Has Died

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  21 comments

Legendary Insult Comedian Don Rickles Has Died

Don Rickles, the man of 1000 insults , has died in Los Angeles at the age of 90. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

He was hilarious! I always loved him on the Friars Club Roasts! He was cutting, viscous and lovable all at the same time. He could also take as good as he gave. RIP to a great, great comedian!

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i1BKR53qxOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    7 years ago

Man, ...., he was the best.

:~(

RIP Don. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

I'm really sad that he is gone!  Rest in peace, Mr. Rickles!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming     7 years ago

I hear the name don rickles , and I think of the movie kellys heros , the bank scene with the Nazi tiger tank outside the bank , dons character says make a deal , what kind of deal he is asked , he says a deal deal , maybe the guys a republican.....

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

That was a good movie!  Wasn't Telly Sevales in that?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

yes , telly played big Joe. eastwood was Kelly , and Donald southerland was oddball , whom I quoted above to barney , gavin mc cloud played the tank mechanic that was a Debbie downer type . and rickles was the greedy quartermaster who went on the gold heist to protect his interests .

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

It's been a long time since I've seen that movie!  We saw it at the drive-in first!

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

Donald southerland was oddball

A stone cold Hippie in a WWII movie. I guess it was because it ws made during Vietnam Good theme song too

The Mike Curb Congregation.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

I was never a big fan of Mr. Rickles and found his stand up style a little too abrasive for my liking but I recognized that he was a pioneer for comedy and comedians and I did enjoy him in some roles he played.

R.I.P.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

I wasn't that fond of his humor, either, but he was funny, at times!  He did a LOT of charity work, and there's a lot to be said for that, too.