╌>

Nuclear War movies - considering present concerns about Trump

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  9 comments

Maybe it's time to watch some movies about it. First of all, here is a great article on the Classic Cinema group to get you started.

http://thenewstalkers.com/buzz-of-the-orient/group_discuss/4002/when-art-imitates-war-how-nuclear-war-made-and-continues-to-make-an-impact-on-cinema

You don't have to join the group to read the article, but if you want to comment on it, the group is open membership - everyone qualifies.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

For those of you who are worried about it, have you installed and outfitted your nuclear bomb fallout shelter yet?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

For those of you who are worried about it, have you installed and outfitted your nuclear bomb fallout shelter yet?

It will not matter. It is a waste of time, effort and money.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

No, our bomb shelter is not readied and waiting.  I keep spare water and some spare food in the basement, but not much.

I thought the movie, On the Beach was chilling...  But the book was worse.  Then there was, I think it was called, The Day After , starring Jason Robards, LINK .  THAT was chilling...  And the British version, which was awful...  

Grandma and I watched On the Beach together on the afternoon movie....  We were both fascinated in horror.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Those movies are mentioned, especially The Day After, in the article.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

I live above an aquifer so water is taken care of. My place is off the electrical grid as I have a wind generator and various solar panels. Food I have in abundance and I know how to hunt game....and prepare it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Very smart - chances are you will be a survivor.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

On the Beach is by far the most likely outcome.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Here's an interesting bit of info. In the devestating nuclear war movie "Threads", the initial conflict which grew into a world wide nuclear war was a confrontation between Russia and the USA in the Middle East - actually Iran (which is pretty close to Syria).