╌>

This rescue dog in America hugs stuffed toys after losing her litter of puppies

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  randy  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

This rescue dog in America hugs stuffed toys after losing her litter of puppies

twinkle.jpg

Twinkle the dog lost her puppies during her pregnancy and her owner replaced them with toys.

Pictures of Twinkle with her stuffed animal friends have gone viral on Twitter.

Her owner, 18-year-old Xavier Hernandez, told Newsbeat that he discovered she was pregnant after rescuing her.

She gave birth last weekend, but all her puppies were stillborn and Xavier says she seems heartbroken.

Twinkle

Xavier, who lives in California, rescued Twinkle from Mexico with his mum, where they found her living in poor conditions.

He told Newsbeat that he's had lots of kind comments on Twitter since posting the photos.

xXx @xXxavierH21

so my dog was pregnant and she lost all 3 of her puppies so my mom bought her these toys and she thinks they're her puppies...breaks my ❤️ . pic.twitter.com/ntfkNpVIaS

@ xXxavierH21 pic.twitter.com/hilIt5R0XX

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy    7 years ago

It would break my heart too. crying

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

A sad story, yet look at the public response.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I think of my own female Shih-Tzu when she had her puppies and the love she and the father, Harry, showed them. Every time I took the two of them for a walk (twice a day) the very first thing they did was look in on them in their box and more often then not Sally would climb in to feed them.

This poor dog must be heartbroken. Though I will say that IMHO her owners are not helping with the stuffed animals.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   7 years ago
My mothers first child, a daughter, was still-born, and I believe it affected her for the rest of her life, but thankfully, for my and my older brother's sake, she did not give up.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   seeder  Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

My wife's second child, David, was born with Hypo-plastic Left Heart Syndrome. In the early 1960's when he was born that was a death sentence. He lived less then 4 terrible weeks with her knowing there was nothing that anyone could do to save him. Still she went on and had 4 more children. Her 3rd child, Jeffery, died many years later in 1992 of AIDS.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch    7 years ago

Dear Friends Randy and Buzz: Maternal love will find a way to express itself.

The best lessons we can learn in life are from small children and animals.

They are closest to nature.

They know how to let in the healing that is all around us.

E.