╌>

Driving your first car again for a day - a wish and a dream

Category:  Other

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  1 comments

My first car was a 1950 Ford Custom Coach that I drove when I was 16 and 17 years old.  It looked like this, save that it was beige with a brown top:

111 ford 1.jpg

111 ford 2.jpg

That's the manual 3-speed gearshift mounted on the steering column.  Note that the radio is A.M. only with five manual push-buttons that could be set on specific stations. The radio dial on the left was on/off/volume and the one on the right was to move back and forth over the A.M. spectrum. I don't rememer if it had a ring around the dial for treble/base adjustment, and I don't think it had more than one speaker. Of course the car had the side quarter-windows that could be opened for letting the breeze be the air conditioning. 

Driving this car at my age made me popular among the girls those days, and I would drive to different cities that I could reach within an hour to date them.  Of course, gas was just 42 cents a gallon (Canadian) in those days.

Do you wish you could drive the first car you ever owned again, even if for only a day? If so, what kind of car and model was it? Post a photo of a similar one, unless you have a actual photo of it. Tell us a little story about your experiences driving it.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

So many of us love cars, and of course I loved my 1950 Ford - wish I could have it back in good condition for a day.  How about you?