╌>

Berzerkeley Brawl

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  59 comments

Berzerkeley Brawl
Last Saturday, a violent brawl broke out in Berkeley, California for the third time this year. The “Anti-Fa” attempted to break up a pro-free speech rally organized by Bay Area activist Rich Black. Previously, Anti-Fa succeeded in shutting down a scheduled speech by Milo Yiannopoulos, and in disrupting a free speech rally held to support Milo's right to free speech.

This time, things didn't work out so well for the Anti-Fa. The Anti-Fa were outnumbered and outmuscled by a motley collection of pro-free speech liberals, mainstream conservatives, “Oath Keepers,” bikers, alt-lite conspiracy theorists, and hardcore alt-right white nationalists.

Things went especially bad for one particular Anti-Fa. Standing 5'1” and weighing 98 pounds, Louise Rosealma decided to join her fellow Anti-Fa on the front lines of the melee. Things went about as well as you would expect. She received a concussion after being punched in the face by Nathan Damigo, an ex-con and prominent white nationalist.

You can call me old-fashioned, or you can call me a mangina, but I don't relish watching 98-lb. girls getting slugged in the face. Still, the Anti-Fa showed up looking for a fight; they had every intent to use violence to disrupt the march. Louise Rosealma chose to follow the men into a street brawl; turns out that was a dumb choice.

To understand what drew this diverse group together, you need to understand the political climate in Northern California. Jonah Goldberg compared being a conservative in Manhattan to being a Christian in pagan Rome; northern California isn't that different from Manhattan. While we haven't reached the point where conservatives are being mauled by wild beasts in front of cheering crowds at Giants Stadium, Northern California is not a hospitable place for conservatives.

Brendan Eich was fired for holding the same opinion on gay marriage as president Obama and a majority of California voters. In order to comply with California's ever-expanding “assault weapons” ban, gun makers created such bizarre devices as featureless rifles and bullet buttons. California gun owners must now undergo a background check every time they want to purchase ammunition.

When my uncle attended a pro-life rally in the Sacramento area, passing motorists rolled down their windows to hurl insults and occasionally blunt objects. Following the passage of Proposition Eight, supporters of gay marriage attacked Mormon churches to punish them for supporting the proposition.

It should also be pointed out that the hyperprogressive municipalities Oakland and Berkeley have a history of tolerating and condoning violent and lawless behavior by left-wing thugs. After Johanese Meserle was convicted of manslaughter for shooting Oscar Grant, rioters trashed downtown Oakland. Of the one hundred and twenty people arrested, prosecutors charged two.

Conservatives in California, particularly in places like Berkeley, feel like they are under siege. They face ostracism and even physical violence for their beliefs. Worse, conservatives face elected officials who are openly hostile to conservativism, and indulgent of far-left political violence. Given this situation, when fringe extremists offer to defend conservatives from violent left-wing thugs, they're reluctant to turn down the help.

For both moral and political reasons, mainstream conservatives should oppose the infiltration of conservatism by extremist groups; frankly, some people both deserve and demand a moral quarantine. Unfortunately, that case gets harder and harder to make, when the left refuses to control their sides’ nuts.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/04/berzerkeley_brawl.html#ixzz4em01LemM
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

Things worked out just fine. The leftists came looking for a beat down and got what they were looking for. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Very satisfying. Anti-fa is actually pro-fascist.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

.Then the left created fake news blaming conservatives for LW violence simply because they were there in progressive majority areas as if the lefties couldn't tolerate a diversity of opinion expressed around them.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    7 years ago

You can call me old-fashioned, or you can call me a mangina, but I don't relish watching 98-lb. girls getting slugged in the face. Still, the Anti-Fa showed up looking for a fight; they had every intent to use violence to disrupt the march. Louise Rosealma chose to follow the men into a street brawl; turns out that was a dumb choice.

If she enters a brawl to fight like a man, then she should expect to get hit like one. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

If you join a premeditated violent riot, you should expect to get hurt. Too bad.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

I saw a storyline where she was dropping M-80s into the glass jars she was throwing-which would cause fragmentation damage.  Can't be positive that it is true, but that's allegedly why the guy took her out.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

When it comes to a man hitting a woman, only a coward and a pussy does so. No matter what the reason. So said my late father and I still believe he was right.

Besides, both sides were equally as guilty for the fight. Both sides. Equally.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

If a woman wants to be treated like a woman, then she should act like one. If she doesnt what to get hit, then she should keep her stupid ass out of the fight. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

There is no excuse for hitting a woman. None. Ever. No matter. what. No gentleman will do so. No real man will do so. Only a wife beater or woman abuser will do so or accept it as acceptable behavior. No matter what a woman does. Ever. Even if it means the man losing his life. Any man who hits a woman is a coward and a pussy. Always! It is always inexcusable. Always. There is no acceptable explanation for it and no forgiveness for it. If you find one excuse to do it then you will find other excuses and then you will become a woman beater. Always! Period.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

That sounds sexist.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Sorry, but I completely disagree. This is about women taking responsibility for their actions not about men abusing women. Women can't have it both ways. Either they want to be treated as women or they want to be treated equally and take the consequences. If they're on the police force or in combat, then they'll be hit and shot just like the men will. In this case, the woman dressed up to fight just like a man and entered a brawl with men. She got knocked on her ass. I don't have any more sympathy for her than I do for anybody else who got hit. If she can't take a shot, then she should keep her stupid ass out of the fight. Period.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

I agree.... women can't have it both ways!  Men are expected to protect a woman.  Sure, under normal circumstances, but this woman put herself in the middle of a brawl and expected what? 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

She's 5'1" and weighs 98 pounds.  She didn't hit that man, he sucker-punched her, and then ran away into the crowd like a little girl.  To her credit, Ms. Rosealma said in an interview that she knew what she was getting into, and even though she was sucker-punched, had no right to complain. 

It sounds to me like she isn't asking for any special consideration...  Just an observation.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

So your father was a sexist ?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Petey Coober   7 years ago

My father was a real man. I am sorry for you if yours was not.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

OK , your father was a real man . YOU are the sexist ...

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Petey Coober   7 years ago

This one time I, with a nauseated stomach, lowered myself to respond to one of your posts. However please do not mistake the response in any way that I have raised you above the unspeakable disgusting way I think of a sub-creature such as yourself in any manner. Goodbye.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Being a sexist doesn't make him a real man.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

It's time to take the pro Trump message to the inner core of every large city and teach the others there the meaning of the 1st amendment rights to free soeech, to petition government, even those urban city halls,and peaceably assemble.  We have that right and progressives need to respect it or face the consequences, even if it means they get arrested for disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, assault and battery, resisting arrest or whatever.  If they don't like a rally or what's being said, they can create their own rally and have their say there.  No one has a free speech right to shout down others speech or to prevent others free speech from being heard.