╌>

AG Sessions gets heat for dismissing Hawaii

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jerry-verlinger  •  7 years ago  •  14 comments

AG Sessions gets heat for dismissing Hawaii

The Attorney General said he was surprised Trump's travel ban could be blocked by "a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific." Many, including Hawaii's politicians, reminded Sessions that Hawaii is indeed one of the 50 United States.

C94WWBRW0AAPr_q.jpg
Photo by 

Sessions questions travel ban ruling from Hawaii judge because he is "sitting on an island in the Pacific"

C94DEdrXoAA_5t5.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Jerry Verlinger    7 years ago

I have to apologize for saying this, but I've wanted to say it since I was first put in contact of information about Jeff Sessions ....

......but after this  I now feel the right to say that Jeff Sessions is apparently as stupid as he looks.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   7 years ago

Jeff Sessions is apparently as stupid as he looks.

Not stupid at all Jerry.  He's obviously smart enough not to say anything like this until he knew that he had a Supreme Court majority that agreed with him about the 9th Circuit Court's left wing lunacy.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Jerry Verlinger   7 years ago

Jeff Sessions is apparently as stupid as he looks.

Oh he is far more stupid then THAT! In the First place Hawaii is not "an island" it is 152 Islands! Granted most people just think f the 8 main ones, but it is an ever evolving and GROWING number of Islands! Hawaii is constantly adding land to it's state! Jeff Sessions apparently not only forgot that Hawaii is an American state, but that he voted for the judge that issued the ruling that he doesn't like, but that he also has his head up his Southern Racist Ass! AS USUAL FOR HIM! The fucking BIGOT!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

By all means, lets hand the executive power of the nation over to a lowly, un-elected district court judge. Just what the founders intended, almost 3,000 un-elected judges, each with the power to set the nation's foreign policy.   

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

By all means, lets hand the executive power of the nation over to a lowly, un-elected district court judge. Just what the founders intended, almost 3,000 un-elected judges, each with the power to set the nation's foreign policy.  

Yes. You are right. 100% correct. That is exactly what the Founding Fathers meant. That is exactly why they set the United States Government up the way they did. You could not possibly be more right at all! That is exactly it! The very reason they did it and nothing else! That the Judiciary would be a check on the power of the Executive Branch. If you has stayed awake in American Civics in 9th grade you would have learned that we have three separate and co-equal branches of government. None superior to the other two. Each providing checks and balances on each other.

If you would prefer a government where the Executive Branch holds more power I would suggest Turkey. Trump recently called up their President and congratulated him for being promoted to, basically, a Dictator. Do you think that Trump should have the same power as Recep Tayyip Erdoğan?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    7 years ago

The 9th circuit has jurisdiction over a number of states, including California, Oregon, and Washington. Conservatives have been referring to the 9th circuit as "nutty" for years because of its liberal bent. To Sessions, the 9th circuit is out of the loop and sitting on an island in the pacific on the far fringe of the 9th circuit (and metaphorically on the fringe of reason) is about as far out of the loop as you can get. This is obviously a crack on liberal judges not a revelation that he doesn't know Hawaii is a state. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Some of them were appointed by republicans...is it something in the water?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

Look at it like this.  At least he doesn't think it is going to tip over.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I think HE is going to tip over! The way he talks reminds me of John Boehner. Is he a drunk too?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

At least he knows it's an island in the pacific, not Asia.

I bet the Left wing media would have criticized the hell out of him had he said "some Asian island in the Pacific, don't you?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

What a buffoon. Was Hawaii the 57th state?