╌>

96% of Trump Supporters Would Vote for Him Again, Win Popular Vote

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  26 comments

96% of Trump Supporters Would Vote for Him Again, Win Popular Vote
An ABC News/Washington Post poll released on Sunday found that President Donald Trump only had 42% approval from Americans, the lowest since 1945 — but that 96% of Trump supporters say that they would vote for him again. Moreover, the poll indicates that Trump could win the popular vote if the 2016 electorate were to vote a second time.
The poll comes as Trump looks to finish his first 100 days later this week on a high note, with new legislative initiatives on tax reform and health care. Unlike his predecessors, Trump had no “honeymoon,” with the media and the Demcoratic opposition — a.k.a. “Resistance” — determined to maintain a bitter antagonism from the very first day.

Prescription Hope Inc.
Dr. Oz Talks With the CEO of Prescription Hope, Inc. Douglas K. Pierce
Dr. Oz interviews Douglas K. Pierce the CEO of Prescription Hope, Inc. where you can...
APPLY NOW

But the “resistance” has its own major problems. Two-thirds (67%) of Americans say that Democrats are out of touch with their concerns, while 62% say the same about Republicans and 58% say that about President Trump himself.

Americans also support Trump’s approach to foreign policy, with a plurality saying that he is dealing with North Korea correctly and a majority approving of the recent missile strikes in Syria.

advertisement

But it is with his own supporters that Trump is strongest:

As noted, this poll finds no evidence of buyer’s remorse among Trump supporters. Among those who report having voted for him in November, 96 percent today say it was the right thing to do; a mere 2 percent regret it. And if a rerun of the election were held today, the poll indicates even the possibility of a Trump victory in the popular vote among 2016 voters.

Trump might win a second version of the 2016 election because while 96% of Trump supporters would vote for him again, only 85% of Hillary Clinton voters say they would do so, “producing a 40-43 percent Clinton-Trump result in this hypothetical re-do among self-reported 2016 voters,” the poll says. Other former Clinton voters would support a third party instead.

The poll was conducted by land and cellular phone among 1,004 adults, with a margin of error of 3.5%.
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/04/23/poll-trump-supporters-popular-vote-96/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

There's more buyers regret among the shrill banshees voters than among Trump voters.  The sheer hate among the Hillary voters for their new president is almost amusing.  Please pass the salt!  

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming     7 years ago

here is a post from the WP saying the same thing pretty much just incase your link is considered alt news.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

I don't think anyone would dispute that only a stupid person wouldn't learn their lesson so of course no one should be shocked to learn that the idiots would vote for the misogynist, racist, bigot, lying, scumbag, vile piece of shit again.   

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

The one regret I have about not voting for Trump is that I can't come here and remind you all that I did so.  The way that the progressives and the democrat party have acted since his election has virtually assured that as of now I will vote to re elect him in 2020.  

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

You make the smartest move I have ever seen you make by not voting for that ignorant asshole and you regret it? Be PROUD you didn't make that mistake! Believe me, in the end you will be bragging that you didn't vote for his Russian traitorous ass as he is dragged off to his punishment!

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

X - it doesn't matter whether you voted for him or not.  You have certainly jumped on the bandwagon with the rest of the women hating, minority bashing, misogyny supporting, bigot celebrating people.  It's all good though and I'm not keeping score because I know your God is.  He's watching and he'll remember.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

If my God is watching, what's your God doing?  

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Praying your God is watching you!chuckle

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming     7 years ago

no I don't find it surprising that the greatest amount of dissatisfaction comes mainly from the opposition party that lost, nor that the greatest amount of support comes from the party , and to more of an extent the people that voted for the candidate to gain him office .

what I found telling and holds true at least for me philosophically is stating just how out of touch either of the parties are to not only the country as a whole  but to those within their own parties . and looking at the graphs in the WP link I can say it does pretty much mirror  how I feel about the parties , but then again , I fall in the group(s0 that have the highest percentage of dissatisfaction with the parties being observed .

to me we all are the same place we were 9 years ago just the places have been switched, and this situation has taken decades to formulate to let this exact circumstance materialize.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

Donald Trump is the most corrupt , dishonest, and erratic person ever to run for president of the United States. 

There is no discussion about him and his government that can take place until this is acknowledged and taken into account. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

There's no requirement for others to acknowledge something that is merely your opinion.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Prior to the election , 209 US newspapers endorsed Hillary Clinton and 9 endorsed Donald Trump. Major city newspaper editorials are the most well thought out public policy papers that we have in this society. Many of these papers had never endorsed a Democrat before or not in 75 or 100 years. But they all united in their understanding that Trump is utterly unfit to be president of the United States. This is overwhelming evidence that most thoughtful people appreciate the disaster and shame that has befallen our country. 

All your denial of the obvious doesnt matter. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

And all of those papers predicted Hillary would win. They don't seem like a reliable source.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Guess those news papers found out their opinions didn't matter to the voters , and they exposed some biases  that people thought they had anyway. so its no wonder the media isn't trusted today.

"Donald Trump is the most corrupt , dishonest, and erratic person ever to run for president of the United States. "

I think the voters , decided that his opposition candidate  had those same attributes to a worse degree , i know personally i made that choice before she was even nominated at the convention so the one that was the most corrupt , or dishonest, and manipulative lost the election according to the rules of how presidents are elected and seated

using the PL train of thought , corrupt depends on convictions , no convictions no corruption so if Hillary wasn't corrupt and manipulative , then the sitting POTUS is still even  there.

dishonest? i have not met a politician yet from ANY party that isn't , its accepted they are all dishonest, even a white lie is still a lie.

Erratic is ,to me, is completely  an individual observation using ones own set of parameters , to me many of the people both supporting and decrying , have been showing signs of being unhinged and more erratic , the worst are the ones that started right from the git go. and from my observations , it is based solely on the fact that the expected outcome  didn't come about.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming   7 years ago

I think the voters , decided that his opposition candidate  had those same attributes to a worse degree 

Utter nonsense. Trump has a history a mile long of fraud , lying , cheating, deception, not to mention his personal 'character' issues, which are monumental (in the worst meaning of the word). 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
link   Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

john , i don't feel i need to list the detractions that the dem nominee had that people evaluated when choosing whom they would vote for , and yes it goes all the way back to the 70s and Watergate.

I will say though , when it actually came down to it , it became a matter of trust and to a lesser extent likability.

and please do keep in mind though i voted , i didn't vote for either Clinton or Trump, neither really appeal to what i think or my opinion.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I agree John although I'm not surprised that some refuse to accept these as facts since they also have a problem believing in science......even those who work in the STEM fields.  Sad.....truly sad.  tough guy

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

Would you care to lay out the science that proves John's opinion?

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

No, I would not.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide

Why not?  Inquiring minds want to know!