╌>

Nordstrom Is Selling Jeans Caked In Fake Dirt For Hundreds Of Dollars

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  10 comments

Nordstrom Is Selling Jeans Caked In Fake Dirt For Hundreds Of Dollars

“Heavily distressed medium-blue denim jeans in a comfortable straight-leg fit embody rugged, Americana workwear that’s seen some hard-working action with a crackled, caked-on muddy coating that shows you’re not afraid to get down and dirty.”

1-133-990x1318.jpg?iv=940

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Nordstrom is selling “mud-stained” jeans to the tune of $425. They’re called the “Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans” and come with some sort of fake mud substance caked all over them. (It’s not clear what that substance is.) The knees, pockets and crotch of the jeans appear bear most of the faux brown muck.

More info:  Nordstrom  (h/t:  washingtonpost )

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Someone who actually was that muddy would be anxious to change their clothes. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

If I tried to walk out of the house with my jeans that dirty growing up my step-mother would have had what used to be called a conniption fit! Those were the kind of jeans you came into the house wearing after school from playing football or softball during recess or working in the garden or baling hay. They are the ones you changed out of to put on a clean pair while those ones go into the laundry to be washed. And if I remember right they were a very expensive $5 a pair because my dad got upset when they went up to $8.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

There's sucker born every minute.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I'd be embarrassed to wear them. Not just because they are $425, but because it's fake dirt! They didn't even earn that dirt. That is almost as stupid as the price. I mean if want your jeans to look dirty, go outside and do some work in the dirt. Pick some tomatoes for a day or plant some bushes or trees or something like that. Pow, instant dirty jeans!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

It's bad enough that blue jeans are sold that have rips and holes in them for the idiots who buy them, but this is even more ridiculous.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

I have a few pair of jeans that have holes and dirt on them. I'm will to sell them for $300 a pair. That's a hell of a deal.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

for 425 bucks, i'll buy a new pair of 30 dollar jeans and play around in the mud with them for someone. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

There actually was a store on Melrose in L.A. about 20 years ago that bought old Levis, holes and all, and paid good money for them, because they had become a fad in Japan and Japanese tourists were snapping them up at hundreds of dollars a pair so they would look more authentic in their western wear. Apparently there was and still is a segment of Japanese who are really, really, really into the American old West everything.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Hopefully it doesn't insult you Americans, but I think that because of the 2nd Amendment and the NRA the only difference between the "Old West" and now is the technology and clothing fashion.

300px10gunslingers.jpg