╌>

Take a break from political vitriol and marvel at the wonders of the Orient

Category:  Wine & Food

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  12 comments

Take a break from political vitriol and marvel at the wonders of the Orient

China 4.jpg

I can now say that I know China, and you will see why, if you care.

Just click this link....

http://thenewstalkers.com/arch-man/group_discuss/4046/it-has-been-said

If there is any interest I will start reposting on the Discovery Group a sample of the photos of what I have seen in the more than a decade that I have been here.  If you wish to comment on the Discovery Group article, it is open for you to join that group and post what you wish.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

I do hope you will allow me to be your tour guide:

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Great photos Buzz.

Why is the chef wearing a mask...To avoid spreading germs?

BTW, you bear no resemblance to Mao.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Yes, the mask is for hygiene - all the chefs wear them.

I am standing in Tianeman Square, and that is the Forbidden City behind me.

According to Prince Philip, whose cruel remarks are well known, once I've lived here for a while my eyes will get to be slanty slits. So far they're the same as before.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

One more question, is it common for tour guides in China to wear Greek fisherman caps?

I vote in favor of you continuing the ''China series'' of photos...Most interesting Buzz.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I boiught that cap at the Marine items store on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. It is very unusual because of its colour grey. For years many people have offered to buy it from me. One person asked me to name my price, and I told him I would trade it for his girlfriend, but he didn't go for that (although I think his girlfriend was willing). I wore it for so many years that it eventually just shredded. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Dear Friend Buzz: Protocols for Chef's in China are different than where I live.

At Jays Diner Chef Boiling Water Goldstein wears a gas mask.

Stay away from the Greens and Beans. 

It is served with a plate bearing the yellow HazMat warning.

I suggest the Salami and Eggs plate.

Enoch, in Detox after the Blue Plate Special made my feet turn blue at Jay's Diner. 

P.S. I concur with our good friends Kavika and TTGA.

Great photo series.

Please keep them coming.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Enoch   7 years ago

Not sure about the salami and eggs, Enoch, but one of my favourite deli breakfasts was fried onions in scrambled eggs. I make that breakfast myself frequently. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Dear Buzz: Me too.

Good call.

E.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA    7 years ago

I vote in favor of you continuing the ''China series'' of photos...Most interesting Buzz.

I agree.  This is great stuff Buzz.  The only reason you don't get more visitors here is because most don't know it's here.  Discovery Group is an excellent place to put it and using this article as a lead in is an excellent idea.

BTW, you bear no resemblance to Mao.

Are you sure it's Mao, or is it maybe an advertisement for a cure for male pattern baldness.  Every time I see a picture of Mao, that's the thought that occurs to me.  I have a weird sense of humor.

Buzz, the hat and the hair do make you look like one of the Greek fishermen at the bar in the movie, The Guns of Navarone.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

The Guns of Navaronne was a great movie, and I suggested on the article about the imbedded cannons in the mountains of North Korea near the South Korea border, it indicated the necessary technique for dealing with them.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

I would love it Buzz, if you brought your group back to life. I love seeing China, since I am not sure when I will ever get over there.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

It's not my group, it's Arch-Man's group, but more recently I've contributed a lot to it.