╌>

Democratic Rep. Val Demings Tells Facebook Commenter: 'My First Amendment Right Is Different From Yours'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  15 comments

Democratic Rep. Val Demings Tells Facebook Commenter: 'My First Amendment Right Is Different From Yours'

On the evening of February 27, 2009, a man broke into former Orlando Police Chief Val Demings' vehicle and stole her agency-issued 9 mm handgun as well as ammunition and several other items which were stored in a duffle bag, according to the Orlando Sentinel

"Although the vehicle's remote was used to lock the vehicle, the doors were not physically [checked] to ensure the locks [had] engaged," internal-affairs manager Dwain L. Rivers wrote in the four-page report. "Chief Demings accepts full responsibility and does not wish to contest the sustained finding."

Demings was given a "written censure" that would "remain in her personnel file for three years."

Fast-forward to 2017 — Demings is now the Representative for Florida's 10th congressional district. On May 3, Demings posted the following to her official Facebook page:

When a commenter asked Demings if they ever found her stolen handgun and suggested that she be more responsible with her own firearms before talking about gun control for others , Demings offered a peculiar reply:

Screenshot via Facebook

It's unclear exactly what Demings meant when she said "My First Amendment right is different from yours." Regardless, several Facebook users responded to her comment:

Screenshot via Facebook

Screenshot via Facebook

The Daily Wire reached out to Demings via Twitter, Facebook, and her Washington D.C. office. While we were never able to speak with Demings herself, we did speak with her communications director, Caroline Rowland.

When asked if Demings could speak about the remarks she made on Facebook, Rowland simply stated: "No, she will have no comment on that. Thank you," before quickly hanging up the phone.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16530/democratic-rep-val-demings-tells-facebook-frank-camp?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  96WS6    7 years ago

The fact that ANY elected official thinks they have "different first amendment rights" than the rest of us should scare the living hell out of you.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

Wow. That says a lot about elected Democrats and their useful idiots. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    7 years ago

Ha! No surprise. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
link   seeder  96WS6  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

I sure was surprised she actually said it out loud.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  96WS6   7 years ago

Does she even know what she's talking about? It's so incoherent I can't tell if she confused the first and second amendments or is just that ignorant about constitutional  rights work.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

She was probably high.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51    7 years ago

So typical.  "Some animals are more equal than others"

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany    7 years ago

Cut her some slack . . . she was recently harvested on a dope farm. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

Has she offered a fake apology yet?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

Not that I know of.  Just a no comment.  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

According to this link, she thinks rioters at Berkeley were a beautiful sight. If she hasn't apologized for that, then I wouldn't expect an apology over this. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Good point. She's just an idiot.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

Why would an American citizen want to give asylum to criminals?  It's Un-American, it's unpatriotic.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Why would an American citizen want to give asylum to criminals?  

The same reason they would run a "near" criminal for president and overrun the country with illegal aliens to vote for her. They think Bruce Jenner is a woman because he says he is. Do you really expect sanity from this crowd?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Not anymore.