Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  28 comments

I Think it's "Impressionistic"

mountainpondwithspikerushplantsagurmankin.jpg

Pocono Mountain Pond

© A. Mac/A.G.

Best Look at this Link

IMPRESSIONISM

A theory or practice in painting especially among French painters of about 1870 of depicting the natural appearances of objects by means of dabs or strokes of primary unmixed colors in order to simulate actual reflected light.

I wasn't thinking "Impressionism" while manipulating a photo I took years ago … but, after a number of such manipulations, the image above said … "Don't do anything more … leave me where I am … I fee sort of Impressionistic

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

What do you think?

All feedback … good, bad or ugly … is appreciated.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

I enjoy Monet painting so this is a ''good'' to me.

Well done Mac.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Apparently, I failed to impress too many members; but a "thank you" to KAVIKA for his discerning taste in imagery.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I always try to view all of your posts, Mac.

I really enjoy them and I also learn different things to help me with my photos.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

It's early morning here, which is why you did not immediately see my praise for your new "Impressionist" effort, although I have likened your similar efforts to Monet previously.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Thanks, Buzz; I may start e-mailing these to you before I post them … I just have to calculate the time difference ahead of time.

More of these to come.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Not necessary to post to me ahead of time, Mac.  Just keep in mind that my response could be delayed and I am not to be included as one of those who shows no interest because of it.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

Impressive!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Well, I think it is lovely!  A beautiful picture!  

When I think of impressionistic, and remember, I know nothing, but I think of seeing things without my glasses-- fuzzy areas, muted tones, a sort of "bleeding" from one color to the other...  This hits those points perfectly!

Thanks for the picture!

KatPen
Freshman Silent
link   KatPen  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Don't feel alone, Dowser.   I called one of his photos "blurry" because that's the only word I could come up with! And the discussion was about "soft" colors!   

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  KatPen   7 years ago

I called one of his photos "blurry" because that's the only word I could come up with! And the discussion was about "soft" colors!   

KatPen,

It is quite possible that some of these will get "pushed" to the point of being, in fact, "blurry" … and whenever you (et al) find a flaw or something less than acceptable in any of my images, do not hesitate to call it as you (literally) see it.

It is difficult to be objective about my own work and honest critiques from friends are valued.

KatPen
Freshman Silent
link   KatPen  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Thank you, AMAc, but I do stress that it's a "personal taste" thing.  All of your photos are beautiful, each in their unique way. 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

The green stems to the left of the frame are too highly delineated I believe, but still, a very nice image. 

Have you attempted anything like the pointillist style? I have always been fascinated by the images of Seurat and Pissaro.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Steve Ott   7 years ago

Have you attempted anything like the pointillist style? I have always been fascinated by the images of Seurat and Pissaro.

Never really gravitated to the work of either … but let me look back at their paintings and see if there's something I'd like to emulate digitally.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

I've always really loved the Impressionists.

Its all about the light,And you've captured that here!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

O.K. … one more … a bit more literal than impressionism, but, it might work.

3wildcolumbinefloweragurmankin.jpg

Wild Columbine

© A. Mac/A.G.

Best Look at this Link

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

Very, very nice!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Good night ... New bird photos tomorrow.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

I love Columbines-- they are such pretty flowers and hardy, too!  We used to have a bunch, but they all died out...  Thanks for this, dear A. Mac!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

We used to have a bunch, but they all died out

I can mail you some seed pods once they form and dry.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I hate to ask, because I know you are so busy!  If you could, I would be very grateful!  I love Columbines...  Maybe its an old fashioned garden type thing...  thumbs up

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

If you could, I would be very grateful!  I love Columbines..

I may still have pods from the 2016 season … if so, I'll send a private message and get your mailing address … if not, the Columbines in my back yard are currently flowering so the pods aren't far behind. I will send the message when it's time.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Dowser,

I do have some Columbine seeds in and out of pods. Please send your mailing address via NT Private Notes and I'll mail them to you.

Some botanists believe that Columbine seeds need to freeze before germinating; these were kept in a garage over the winter and I can't say with certainty that they ever experienced a sustain period of freezing temperatures. But give them a try. I find they don't need a lot of direct sunlight once germinating, but, I'll leave the choice of planting to you.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Thank you, dear A. Mac!  Thank you, very much!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

I think you achieved the desired effect. It's impressionistic and I love it!

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch    7 years ago

Dear Friend AMac:

You have done it again.

Great work.

Show me the Monet.

Enoch, Fawning OVer the Afternoon.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    7 years ago

Mac, I am "literally  Impressed "  thumbs up

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

Oh....I like this one.  I like how the background is unfocused and faded allowing more emphasis on the flower.  It makes it "pop" while also having a softness to it.