╌>

Trump Visits Holocaust Museum In Israel

Category:  World News

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  6 comments

Trump Visits Holocaust Museum In Israel

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-amazing-time-friends-holocaust-museum-article-1.3188896

President Trump had a grand old time at an Israeli Holocaust museum.

On his second day touring the Jewish holy land, Trump stopped by the Yad Vashem Holocaust museum in Jerusalem and left a note celebrating the “amazing” time he had there with his "friends."

israel-usa-diplomacy.jpg

“It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends — so amazing and will never forget!” Trump scrawled in the museum’s guest book after spending about 15 minutes there on Tuesday.

When former President Barack Obama visited the museum in 2008 — during his first White House campaign — he had a bit more to say.

“I am grateful to Yad Vashem and all of those responsible for this remarkable institution,” his note in the guest book said.

“At a time of great peril and promise, war and strife, we are blessed to have such a powerful reminder of man's potential for great evil, but also our capacity to rise up from tragedy and remake our world. Let our children come here, and know this history, so that they can add their voices to proclaim 'never again.' And may we remember those who perished, not only as victims, but also as individuals who hoped and loved and dreamed like us, and who have become symbols of the human spirit.”

usa-trump-israel.jpghttp://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3188894.1495551528!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/usa-trump-israel.jpg 1200w" alt="President Trump leaving a note at the Western Wall on Monday. He is the first sitting American President to go there.">

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

The kindest thing to say about Trump's message is that it is tone deaf. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

usa-trump-israel.jpg "President Trump leaving a note at the Western Wall on Monday.

-

The note reads "Trump was here."

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if he keyed a "T" into it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

The note reads "Trump was here."

I have to assume that was a joke on your part.  I, too, have planted a note in the Western Wall, and I certainly did not make a joke out of what one does to communicate with their God. Why don't you make a similar joke about what your beloved Muslims consider holy and then need to go into hiding from their fundamentalists?

And by the way, your hero Obama cancelled out all his nice words at Yad Vashem when he stabbed Israel in the back at the UN Security Council.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Trump can do no wrong for you Buzz. That is between you and your God too. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Let's TRY to get this straight once and for all, John, because you simply cannot stop accusing me of praising Trump. You can flag this if you want because what I have to say is that either you have lost your memory through dementia or Alzheimer's or you are, as Andy called the warden in Shawshank Redemption, just plain "obtuse".  On the other hand, maybe you just get a hard-on from falsely accusing me of "Trump Love". 

There is only one thing I may have "praised" the bane of your life, Trump, for, and that was his PROMISE to move the embassy to Jerusalem.  If he renegs on that, then I will call it nothing more than an outright lie and name him to be as gutless as all the Presidents before him who have waived the stated intent of your government. 

Other than that, I have NEVER praised Trump. But what I have done is attempt to provide some balance to your insane-level demonization of YOUR president, making a mockery of his election and the laws of your country that provided for it. That is what you can accuse me of, but you are insulting me by saying that I PRAISE Trump. I may dislike Justin Trudeau intensely for what he has shown himself to be, but he is the Prime Minister of the country of my citizenship, he is MY Prime Minister, and I would not even suggest that he be removed, impeached, even assassinated, as has been demanded by your kind of person.

I am copying this and will post it on Heated Discussions so it will remain to be seen by others even if you can get a moderator to delete this, although it is the truth, and a defence, rather than an attack. It is a defence of your obsessive accusation of me.