╌>

Salman Abedi: New Photos of Manchester Suicide Bomber Emerge

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sixpick  •  7 years ago  •  7 comments

Salman Abedi: New Photos of Manchester Suicide Bomber Emerge

ENGLAND — U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May declared the increase of the country’s terror threat level Tuesday after an attack at Manchester Arena killed 22.

The threat level was raised from ‘severe’ to ‘critical’—meaning intelligence officials believe another attack is imminent.

The move means some police officers will be replaced with Military personnel.

VIDEO: UK Prime Minister Theresa May Increases Terror Threat Level from Severe to “Critical”

On Monday night, a suicide bomber identified as Salman Abedi, 22, detonated an improvised explosive device packed with nails and bolts in the foyer area of the Manchester Arena in Manchester. Abedi was raised in England and was of Libyan decent.

ce31fe06-1337-4224-b6bf-63bb1608ff46

The BBC reported : Salford University confirmed Abedi had been a student there and said it was assisting police with their inquiries.

A trustee of the Manchester Islamic Centre, also known as the Didsbury Mosque, told the Press Association it was likely Abedi had attended there.

Fawaz Haffar said Abedi’s father used to perform the call for prayer at the mosque, and one of his brothers had been a volunteer there.

“We make sure they preach the true Islam, the modern Islam, that preaches love to each other, peace and harmony,” he added.

The attack took place after an Ariana Grande concert that was part of her Dangerous Woman Tour.

Police stated that 23 people, including the suicide bomber, were killed in the blast and 59 others injured, including children.

~Link~

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   seeder  sixpick    7 years ago

How can such evil and hatred overcome someone like this?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

It is because the rest of society refuses to face the factual truth of what is happening to them. Such deniers of reality exist even on NT.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

What do you expect when you live in a world where unsubstantiated and bizarre expectations of human afterlife are considered normal?  For every virtuous sucker who can be led to believe in a fluffy cloud eternal heaven filled with relatives and bliss, there is a not so virtuous sucker who can be led to believe that heaven is filled with virgins wanting to be deflowered.  Humanity needs to stop perpetuating this pathetic madness that religions rely on to keep their flock devoted.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Humanity needs to stop perpetuating this pathetic madness that religions rely on to keep their flock devoted.

Nah . Humanity is OK . It is only certain extreme religions that are the problem ...

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   seeder  sixpick  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

You keep up all this talk about the fake religion Hal and how bad it is.  I remember when you and John were talking about Hurricane Matthew and how Trump was only going to give $6 million dollars.  I proved how incorrect that was and how they had already received over $300 million dollars up to that point with more to come.  Even the hurricane that hit NYC was originally projected to be much smaller in damage than it actually turned out to be before it was over and many more dollars were paid out.

Well, I didn't bother putting the funds that were also being put into the effort by the fake religions in my comment at that time, but there were funds and help coming from them as well.  I didn't see anything about the Atheists providing any help in any way from the government source although I did see the religious organizations providing help.  So as much as you would like to think religious beliefs and those holding those beliefs are the root of all evil, I tend to disagree with your assumption.  Maybe you could provide some source where the Atheist organizations were right in there helping these unfortunate people.  That would be a welcomed addition to the effort to see the Atheists not only condemn religious faith, but also help the needy in some way.

Oh by the way, John never appeared on that article again after it was debunked as fake.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Here's a nice long list of secular charities.

Although, your comment seems to indicate that an atheist would never give contributions to a religiously affiliated charity.  Believe me, those charities will take money from anyone willing to give it.  The fact is, Christians are gloating about their charitable organizations even though much of the contributions are coming from secularists.  You're welcome, Christians.  Just do us a favor and make sure the money is going to people who need it, and not for useless religious dogma to litter the landscape.